RemedySpot.com

Re: Back from vacation?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

...I'm glad you're back home safe and sound!

Thanks for the compliment on Rich. Yes, he is a nice guy and easy to talk to on just about any subject.

Next time you come out we'll see if we can get another PNW gathering going and maybe you and Walt can join us that can, and we can meet Walt and you can meet Kathie/ and Joy and hopefully Steve.

Good news about the SSD. I should try again and see if I can't do something.

I forget tho' , you are younger than I and you can get SSD before SS but not after.

I got a laugh out of your babysitting.

Give Dakota a good rub for me. I was totally smitten by your dog!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Back from vacation?

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from my trip to Washington State. I got to meet Sher and her husband Rich, we talked (and coughed) for a couple hours and had a great time. Sher---you have a very nice husband and he is very interesting to talk to, I only wish we could have had more time together, I am glad we met.

I did make contact with Kathy in Tacoma, she is a very pleasant person to talk with but our scheduled meeting didn't happen due to health issues, hopefully next time.

Walt from Whidbey Island----I wish I had made contact with you before I left Arizona. I was born and raised in Wa. State, my son was Stationed at Whidbey Naval Base for a couple years (2002-2004), and now lives in Seattle and works on the waterfront. I know the area that you live in very well--there is no place on earth prettier (during the summer). You will move to different places in your life, but you will always find your self comparing it to Wa. State. I now live about 2 hours from the Grand Canyon that you visited--no matter how many times you see the Canyon, it always leaves you amazed and breathless (in a good way).

Me and my Yellow Lab Dakota drove and my wife (Sharon), flew to Washington to visit my sons and grand-kids. We celebrated my Grand-daughters(), 5th Birthday with about 50 relatives and friends with a "Hoola Hawaii" theme. It went really well with all those little kids running around and the little games they played. My Grand-son (Carson) is 14 months old and is mesmerized by any game that includes a ball---he has a free standing basketball hoop and all you have to say is "put it in the hoop," and he immediately finds a ball and goes to the hoop with a smile that only a boy has. He hits baseballs off a "tee"

already and never misses---its amazing to watch.

My wife and I volunteered to baby sit for 3 days while my son and daughter in-law went to a business conference. Sharon and went and did the "girl thing" shopping, etc. while Carson and Grandpa did the "guy thing" watching ball games and playing at home. During one "guy thing" session, it seems that Gramps got the diapper on at a weird angle and the girls came home and saw some little brown spots on the floor so gramps had to investigate to make sure it wasn't mud tracked in by the dogs-----sure enough after sticking my finger in it and giving it the smell test----it was NOT mud so it was a quick trip to the bathtub with a fiesty young boy offering more resistance than a bull headed to the slaughter house. After 3 different baths and a thorough cleaning of the house and bathroom he was ready to play some more. I don't know what my o2 sats were during all that---but I was glad it was the 3rd and last day of the baby sitting job. Of course when my son and daughter in law got home and asked how everything went Sharon and I reported it was a "piece of cake" no problems, etc.----then my big mouth grand-daughter yelled out "Carson pooped on the floor" and grampa & Gramma had to clean the whole house, so I tried to blame it on the diapper manufacturer--with no success of course.

It was a very good trip, but as always it was really nice to get back home and into my normal routine. Two weeks of ignoring my health and living it up and eating things I shouldn't be eating and the difference in the weather has taken a little bit of a toll on me, but thats life and back to the working out and eating properly.

G. UIP/ IPF 5/07 AZ

P.S. I got a pleasant suprise when we got back---I found out that I got approved for my Social Security Disability and that I will be able to get Medicare April 1, 2009------

Thanks for the compliment on Rich. Yes, he is a nice guy and easy to talk to on just about any subject.

Next time you come out we'll see if we can get another PNW gathering going and maybe you and Walt can join us that can, and we can meet Walt and you can meet Kathie/ and Joy and hopefully Steve.

I forget tho' , you are younger than I and you can get SSD before SS but not after.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Back from vacation?

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from my trip to Washington State. I got to meet Sher and her husband Rich, we talked (and coughed) for a couple hours and had a great time. Sher---you have a very nice husband and he is very interesting to talk to, I only wish we could have had more time together, I am glad we met.

I did make contact with Kathy in Tacoma, she is a very pleasant person to talk with but our scheduled meeting didn't happen due to health issues, hopefully next time.

Walt from Whidbey Island----I wish I had made contact with you before I left Arizona. I was born and raised in Wa. State, my son was Stationed at Whidbey Naval Base for a couple years (2002-2004), and now lives in Seattle and works on the waterfront. I know the area that you live in very well--there is no place on earth prettier (during the summer). You will move to different places in your life, but you will always find your self comparing it to Wa. State. I now live about 2 hours from the Grand Canyon that you visited--no matter how many times you see the Canyon, it always leaves you amazed and breathless (in a good way).

Me and my Yellow Lab Dakota drove and my wife (Sharon), flew to Washington to visit my sons and grand-kids. We celebrated my Grand-daughters(), 5th Birthday with about 50 relatives and friends with a "Hoola Hawaii" theme. It went really well with all those little kids running around and the little games they played. My Grand-son (Carson) is 14 months old and is mesmerized by any game that includes a ball---he has a free standing basketball hoop and all you have to say is "put it in the hoop," and he immediately finds a ball and goes to the hoop with a smile that only a boy has. He hits baseballs off a "tee"

My wife and I volunteered to baby sit for 3 days while my son and daughter in-law went to a business conference. Sharon and went and did the "girl thing" shopping, etc. while Carson and Grandpa did the "guy thing" watching ball games and playing at home. During one "guy thing" session, it seems that Gramps got the diapper on at a weird angle and the girls came home and saw some little brown spots on the floor so gramps had to investigate to make sure it wasn't mud tracked in by the dogs-----sure enough after sticking my finger in it and giving it the smell test----it was NOT mud so it was a quick trip to the bathtub with a fiesty young boy offering more resistance than a bull headed to the slaughter house. After 3 different baths and a thorough cleaning of the house and bathroom he was ready to play some more. I don't know what my o2 sats were during all that---but I was glad it was the 3rd and last day of the baby sitting job. Of course when my son and daughter in law got home and asked how everything went Sharon and I reported it was a "piece of cake" no problems, etc.----then my big mouth grand-daughter yelled out "Carson pooped on the floor" and grampa & Gramma had to clean the whole house, so I tried to blame it on the diapper manufacturer--with no success of course.

It was a very good trip, but as always it was really nice to get back home and into my normal routine. Two weeks of ignoring my health and living it up and eating things I shouldn't be eating and the difference in the weather has taken a little bit of a toll on me, but thats life and back to the working out and eating properly.

G. UIP/ IPF 5/07 AZ

P.S. I got a pleasant suprise when we got back---I found out that I got approved for my Social Security Disability and that I will be able to get Medicare April 1, 2009------

Back from vacation?

Hi Everyone,

G. UIP/ IPF 5/07 AZ