RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: From Lou-Oxyarm

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lou

i saw the oxyarm at a medical supply near here, looked interesting but didn't pursuePink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: From Lou-OxyarmTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 11:50 AM

On down that same page is a bi-flow cannula which is sort of like alittle moustache mask or something. I also tried it and while it workedI personally didn't like it. But, anyone looking for nasal relief mightwant to try it too.>>> Lou's Respitatory Therapist saw her and here's Lou's report.> I'm posting it for her to make sure the link to Oxyarm is good:> LISA THE RESPIRATORY THERAPIST WAS HERE THIS AFTERNOON AND SHE JUST> EMAILED ME THIS. FOR YOU GUYS WHO CAN SEND THIS TO OUR BOARD, I WOULD> APPRECIATE IT. SHE BELONGS TO "AARC" AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR> RESPIRATORY CARE. ALSO GOOGLE "DR. TOM PETTY", BEST KNOWN LUNG DR. AND> HE WEARS THE OXYARM ALSO SHE SAID. LISA WAS HERE THIS

AFTERNOON AND> LEFT ME WITH A "COMPANION T". IT IS EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT.> FITS IN MY SMALL CARRIER, BUT IS LARGER THAN THE HELIOS OR COMPANION.> IT HOLDS A LOT MORE LIQ. OXYGEN AND BEING IT IS VERY PURE, I CAN HAVEIT> SET AT #4, AND IT IS ALMOST 2 MUCH. HAHA. I LOVE IT, WE ARE TESTING TO> SEE HOW MANY HOURS THIS WILL GO FOR ME. ALWAYS GREAT TO LEARN NEW> THINGS ABOUT SURVIVAL. SAID SHE WOULD SEE ME IN 3 MONTHS, ALWAYS COMES> TO THE HOUSE, SHE LOVES MY "DEVIL DOGS". HAHAHA SEE BELOW LOVE, MARYLOU> Ok, Here is the link: http://www.tri- medinc.com/ TM/page8. html#19136> <http://www.tri- medinc.com/ TM/page8. html#19136> I have tried the> oxyarm myself. I'd advise anyone who did to make sure

they double> checked their sats. However, it does work amazingly well. I see it asa> very good alternative for some people, especially when sitting around> the house. But, while I don't use it, I found it to work for me and do> have at least one still in my storage of oxygen supplies. Just another> way to give your nostrils an occasional break. Do note that it only> works with continuous flow and does not work with Helios Plus orHelios> Marathon. But, for some, just giving your nostrils a break part of the> day is a good thing. I also don't think it would work well for sleepas> it would get knocked around, although I didn't try it for sleep.>