> New Brunswick, Canada

>

>

> __________________________________________________________________

> Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new

Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

>

Bruce:

If the treatment had been advantageous, we would have done another round several months down the road but steroids have not proven efective in my case. I am back on the Imuran but refused any prednisone. My disease is currently active and progressing very quickly so this was a last ditch effort in an attempt to stop the progression. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 1:17:46 PMSubject: Re: Steroid Pulse Therapy

DianeAre they going to stop with the one round or are you going to haveanother round at some point? Did they put you on steroids to follow itup?>> Some of you may remember that I had mentioned that my Pulmo wanted meto do a steroid pulse therapy when I began to deteriorate. I had thetreatment last week but unfortunately there was no benefit. I had myPFT's last Thursday (a lot of deterioration in numbers) and went intothe hospital Friday morning. I was given 1 gram of solumedrolintravenously daily for 3 days. While on the steroids, My cough didease up some but it is back same as before now. For anyone who derivessome benefit from the steroids, this may be something you want

to tryand may find beneficial.> Diane > IPF June 07> New Brunswick, Canada>>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the newYahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta. messenger. yahoo.com/>

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Hi Diane, Good to see you on the board. I am sorry you have been through such a hard time. Were you in the BIG HOUSE for three days while getting the steroids ? I just hate them. I would give anything if they would help IPFBut with this disease we have come up on the short end of the stick. I hope you are feeling better. The cough is just horrible. I have it off and on. If my 02 is a little low, I'm coughing.Take Care of you, God BlessLove & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Some of you may remember that I had mentioned that my Pulmo wanted me to do a steroid pulse therapy when I began to deteriorate.  I had the treatment last week but unfortunately there was no benefit.  I had my PFT's last Thursday (a lot of deterioration in numbers) and went into the hospital Friday morning. I was given 1 gram of solumedrol intravenously daily for 3 days.  While on the steroids, My cough did ease up some but it is back same as before now.  For anyone who derives some benefit from the steroids, this may be something you want to try and may find beneficial. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, CanadaBe smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail