RemedySpot.com

Re: Help! How to stave off an infection...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

According to " The V Book " by M.D. (the book my

doctor reccomended to me) said that there are a couple of things you

can do if you think you might have a yeast infection to find some

releif untilo you manage to get to a doctor. The big one is -- don't

go to the pharmacy and buy over the counter creams because you might

not have an infection!

The big one that helped for me was not wearing any underwear and, if

that wasn't possible, wearing cotton underwear and really loose

clothing-- but no underwear worked best for me.

Hope that (or something else) helps!

-

>

> Hi Everyone--

>

> Over the last couple of days I've had a little bit of itching in the

> pubic hair area, and a small amount of discharge. These symptoms are

> not vulvodynia symptoms for me...I feel like I may be starting to get

> some type of infection, either bacterial or yeast. Does anyone know a

> good way to nip it in the bud before it develops into a full-blown

> one? I'm super worried because I don't want to have to use any

topical

> meds or antibiotics.

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

If it is yeast there is this yeast management program called Candex. It is found at Hi Health or GNC. It is not an antibotic and has helped me manage yeast. You may want to try it to see if the itching and discharge go away. Hope this helps- Debbiefemifesto wrote: Hi Everyone--Over the last couple of days I've had a little bit of itching in thepubic hair area, and a small amount of discharge. These symptoms arenot vulvodynia symptoms for

me...I feel like I may be starting to getsome type of infection, either bacterial or yeast. Does anyone know agood way to nip it in the bud before it develops into a full-blownone? I'm super worried because I don't want to have to use any topicalmeds or antibiotics. Thanks,

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

,I do not use any topical meds for yeast anymore. I have had a long history of yeast infections and over-use of these meds can lead to more unwanted problems--especially if you are already battling V issues. I would go directly to my gyn and be evaluated for yeast/bacterial. That is the best way to manage it. Oh, and ask for a yeast culture. Some docs just do a wet mount and if negative, say "no yeast" and send you away. Diflucan, which is an oral med, is the best treatment for me whenever I have a yeast infection. If you have BV, there are also oral meds you can take for that. Good luck.Mindy>> Hi Everyone--> > Over the last couple of days I've had a little bit of itching in the> pubic hair area, and a small amount of discharge. These symptoms are> not vulvodynia symptoms for me...I feel like I may be starting to get> some type of infection, either bacterial or yeast. Does anyone know a> good way to nip it in the bud before it develops into a full-blown> one? I'm super worried because I don't want to have to use any topical> meds or antibiotics. > > Thanks,> > >

Hey guys--

Thanks for your advice. I remember Dee used to recommend some sort of

vinegar douche for when you feel initial symptoms of infection? I am

wondering if there's something along those lines I could do.

Thanks!

> >

> > Hi Everyone--

> >

> > Over the last couple of days I've had a little bit of itching in the

> > pubic hair area, and a small amount of discharge. These symptoms are

> > not vulvodynia symptoms for me...I feel like I may be starting to get

> > some type of infection, either bacterial or yeast. Does anyone know a

> > good way to nip it in the bud before it develops into a full-blown

> > one? I'm super worried because I don't want to have to use any topical

> > meds or antibiotics.

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> >

> >

>

I was informed to do a baking soda douche and that helped relieve symptoms..but that was by my obgyn after I went in for itch. femifesto wrote: Hey guys--Thanks for your advice. I remember Dee used to recommend some sort ofvinegar douche for when you feel initial symptoms of infection? I amwondering if there's something along those lines I could do. Thanks!> >> > Hi Everyone--> >> >

Over the last couple of days I've had a little bit of itching in the> > pubic hair area, and a small amount of discharge. These symptoms are> > not vulvodynia symptoms for me...I feel like I may be starting to get> > some type of infection, either bacterial or yeast. Does anyone know a> > good way to nip it in the bud before it develops into a full-blown> > one? I'm super worried because I don't want to have to use any topical> > meds or antibiotics.> >> > Thanks,> >> > > >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

I was informed to do a baking soda douche and that helped relieve symptoms..but that was by my obgyn after I went in for itch. femifesto wrote: Hey guys--Thanks for your advice. I remember Dee used to recommend some sort ofvinegar douche for when you feel initial symptoms of infection? I amwondering if there's something along those lines I could do. Thanks!> >> > Hi Everyone--> >> >

Over the last couple of days I've had a little bit of itching in the> > pubic hair area, and a small amount of discharge. These symptoms are> > not vulvodynia symptoms for me...I feel like I may be starting to get> > some type of infection, either bacterial or yeast. Does anyone know a> > good way to nip it in the bud before it develops into a full-blown> > one? I'm super worried because I don't want to have to use any topical> > meds or antibiotics.> >> > Thanks,> >> > > >>