RemedySpot.com

Re: small cut by vaginal opening

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dena wrote: Anyone ever have a small cut like a "paper-cut" around the vaginal opening? I've been getting these every few weeks and they're really annoying. Not due to sex, either, because I get them even when we haven't had sex. Dena, at the height of my worst vulvar pain, my vulvar skin began getting the tiny tears. Mine was due to lack of estrogen even though I was only 32 at the time. I have a history of many years of birth control pill use and they are notorious for blocking Estrogen and Testosterone Receptors in the vulvar skin. By chance are you menopausal? Even if your not, you can still have hormone issues. Estrogen is sooo good for the uro/genital skin. Once I began using

topical Estrace...those tears healed up and I've never had them since, I'm almost 36 now. Hugs, Chelle

Dear Chelle,

I am curious to read that birth control (which contains estrogen) blocks estrogen receptors. That seems very counter productive. Did you have this problem while you were on the birth control? Or is it something that built-up after long-term use?

I fairly regularly get a small cut at the very top of my genital area, between my vaginal lips. I never thought birth control had anything to do with this, though. So now I am wondering.

Thanks,

~~

Re: small cut by vaginal opening

Dena wrote:

Anyone ever have a small cut like a "paper-cut" around the vaginal opening? I've been getting these every few weeks and they're really annoying. Not due to sex, either, because I get them even when we haven't had sex.

Dena, at the height of my worst vulvar pain, my vulvar skin began getting the tiny tears. Mine was due to lack of estrogen even though I was only 32 at the time. I have a history of many years of birth control pill use and they are notorious for blocking Estrogen and Testosterone Receptors in the vulvar skin. By chance are you menopausal? Even if your not, you can still have hormone issues. Estrogen is sooo good for the uro/genital skin. Once I began using topical Estrace...those tears healed up and I've never had them since, I'm almost 36 now. Hugs, Chelle