RemedySpot.com

Getting our mold done Tuesday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello. I just joined the group. My 6 month old is going to have her

mold done on Tuesday for our " helmet " or do you call them bands? I've

seen both. To give a little history - she has moderate torticollus,

the right side of her head is flat from the plagio, and acid reflux.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the appointments with the

physical therapist, GI, and now a plastic surgeon and O & P. I guess

that's why I joined this group. Are there any tips someone can give

me for starting out with our helmet/band to make this transition go

smoother?

Karie

We are in the same boat. Tort, acid reflux and plagio. My son did wonderful in the helmet from day one, it depends on the child. I would try to stay positive when you put it on and act like everything is normal. They can pick up if you act differently. I would also switch to a mild shampoo to help with the daily washings, s was too harsh for my son so we use California Baby super sensitive. I also was told to get less that 1% hydrocortizone cream when we had a bit of heat rash. I washed the helmet with 70 % rubbing alcohol scrubbing with a new toothbrush. Good luck and I am sure you will love the results. graduated New Years Eve and after 9 weeks has a beautiful new head. Also, ask your pt and ortho about doing the tort stretches, we were told to only do them with the helmet off. So other than the time it was off for bathing and cleaning we removed it two other times for stretches. Hope this

helps and good luck keep us posted. TammyKarie Hand <karie333@...> wrote: Hello. I just joined the group. My 6 month old is going to have her mold done on Tuesday for our "helmet" or do you call them bands? I've seen both. To give a little history - she has moderate torticollus, the right side of her head is flat from the plagio, and acid reflux. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the appointments with the physical therapist, GI, and now a plastic surgeon and O & P. I guess that's why I joined this group.

Are there any tips someone can give me for starting out with our helmet/band to make this transition go smoother? Karie

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.