RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Anyone Use a Hanger Helmet?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From what I have gathered from this board and other mothers in my area of NY. I would not go with Hanger. Our hanger does not have a great ortho and the results can take much longer. I would personally go with a DOC band. Do some research and visit their website Cranial Technologies. They only do the bands and since you are starting late I would go with the pros. Tammycathyl65 <cathyl65@...> wrote: What city and state are you located in ? >> Our twin girls have an appointment on 01/08/08 to be evaluation for a > Hanger Helmet. I wanted to know if anyone has used them and what you > thought of them. Our girls are 14 1/2 months old right now.> > Thanks!> > Jen>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

My son is 7 months old - he has brachy and has been in a Hanger helmet for almost 3 months. He has done very well with it and his head looks amazing; we think he is almost done with the helmet. Our orthotist is wonderful and has been nothing but professional with us. Where are you located? Our orthotist is in Cincinnati. I can't speak to the other Hanger places around the country but we have been very pleased with it here. Tammy Sabs <princessluau@...> wrote: From what I have gathered from this board and other mothers in my area of NY. I would not go with Hanger. Our hanger does not have a great ortho and the results can take much longer. I would personally go with a DOC band. Do some research and visit their website Cranial Technologies. They only do the bands and since you are starting late I would go with the pros. Tammycathyl65 <cathyl65aol> wrote: What city and state are you located in ? >> Our twin girls have an appointment on 01/08/08 to be evaluation for a > Hanger Helmet. I wanted to know if anyone has used them and what you > thought of them.

Our girls are 14 1/2 months old right now.> > Thanks!> > Jen> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Michele, I chose to go to Cranial Tech in NJ instead of hanger in Farmingdale upon the advice of two other mothers on this board as well as my experience when phoning them. They do not only do helmets they are a prostetic place. The ortho Tony I believe is his name has been listed on this board as not being very good with children of parents on this board. These families went to him and after not liking the results or his experience level decided to go to Cranial Tech in paramus NJ. I decided upon talking to these two members and doing my own personal research that driving to NJ was my best option. It only took me 45 minutes on the best days and 1:30 on the worst days. We are in central Nassau. Some of the personal reasons that I have for not going to Hanger are that when I asked the receptionist for references they said they didnt have any to provide. They said they would try to contact a mother they knew and get

back to me. How can you do a business and not have refereces available. Cranial Technologies has a national network, a website that gives such great info and parent contacts available on the web in the parents corner. Also I found it difficult to believe that they only have one ortho who works all their nassau and suffolk locations. This leads to little choice in service provider. At Cranial the techs only do helmets. Nothing else, they pioneered the helmets and hold patents on them. They have the doc helmet. It worked great for my son and I am done with it already only 9 weeks. Other mothers that went to the Hanger in Farmindale expressed frustrations of going on months without seeing the results that others have seen at Cranial. Hanger turned me off as it has to other mothers on long island. I am not saying all Hanger locations are not good, I am just

saying that on Long Island be wary. Take the drive to Cranial Tech for the consult and see Pervi, she was our Ortho and was great. I would gather to say she sees about 30 babies a day on average days and has been their for over 2 years. That equals quite alot of heads corrected. She was awesome and we are so glad that we did this for our baby. I am hoping that and will contact you too as they saved me from going to this facility. Whatever decision that you make I am sure will be the right one for your family and situation. Best of luck and send any other questions our way. Let me know how it all works out. How old is your son now? It could all work out great, but I would rather go with a sure thing. TammyMichele Papierno <michpaps819@...> wrote: My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last Friday in Farmingdale, NY.They scanned his head and I assume that he'll have it by this coming Wednesday, our next appointment.Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?Any info is greatly appreciated!Thanks,Michele

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi - I am the other mother who had a bad experience with tony in farmingdale. i live in freeport. my daughter wore the hanger helmet from 9-12 months, with practically no results. tony never made any adjustments to the helmet within that time period and i started to notice that the helmet was fitting tighter on the flat side, which obviously would not allow that side to grow. he kept telling me i was wrong and that is when i decided to stop treatment with him. i was unable to take my daughter to cranial tech right away because of insurance issues ( i should have just paid out of pocket), but anyway, she finally got her CT helmet at 16 months and wore it to 20 months. considering her late age, her results were fabulous. i just wish that i took her to CT initially from when she was 9 months. i am sure we would have gotten 100% correction had i done that. ultimately, the decision is yours, but

tony cappa does not have a good reputation. if he did, he would have references from his prior patients. candice, nyMichele Papierno <michpaps819@...> wrote: My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last Friday in Farmingdale, NY.They scanned his head and I assume that he'll have it by this coming Wednesday, our next appointment.Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?Any info is greatly

appreciated!Thanks,Michele

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.