> planned on starting today, however, she woke up with a stomach bug, so

> we plan to wait a day or so. Also, any tips on how to start? Yesterday

> during the final fitting she screamed most of the time. I am very

> anxious to get started, but I know the sooner the better. Did anyone's

> child have a hard time getting use to the helmet and about how many

> days did it take for them to get use to it? Thanks,

>

Hi - I am one of the moms who is in a helmet from RHS. We have been

in it for almost 4 months, and my son has really done well with it.

Although they do not provide specific measurements like some of the

other providers you will read about here, we have been amazed at the

difference we can see in our son's noggin! He is looking great, and

I hope the same for your daughter. It really only took my son 1 or

2 days to get used to wearing it, and he seemed pretty comfortable

in it from the start. We have to go back pretty frequently for

adjustments, but they always work us in very quickly and are very

receptive to my comments. The only times he seems upset with it are

the times that he has grown so fast that it needs adjusting.

Good luck with starting - it will go much faster than you expect!

Martha Ann

> >

> > Hi! I am new to the group. My 6 month old just got her helmet

yesterday

> > from Restorative Health Services. Has anyone else used this type

of

> > helmet before? It is a full helmet with small holes all over it!

We had

> > planned on starting today, however, she woke up with a stomach

bug, so

> > we plan to wait a day or so. Also, any tips on how to start?

Yesterday

> > during the final fitting she screamed most of the time. I am

very

> > anxious to get started, but I know the sooner the better. Did

anyone's

> > child have a hard time getting use to the helmet and about how

many

> > days did it take for them to get use to it? Thanks,

> >

>

Hey! Thanks for the e-mail. We are on day 2 on going to start sleeping in it tonight. I think she is doing OK with it. I am sure it will get easier and better for her and me!! Why did you all have to go back for so many adjustments? Would he get red spots and does that mean it is time for an adjustment? How long will your son have to wear it? Do you only see Dr. once a month and just call RHS when you think he needs an adjustment? How old is your knittingmama <knittingmama@...> wrote: Hi - I am one of the moms who is in a helmet from RHS.

We have been in it for almost 4 months, and my son has really done well with it. Although they do not provide specific measurements like some of the other providers you will read about here, we have been amazed at the difference we can see in our son's noggin! He is looking great, and I hope the same for your daughter. It really only took my son 1 or 2 days to get used to wearing it, and he seemed pretty comfortable in it from the start. We have to go back pretty frequently for adjustments, but they always work us in very quickly and are very receptive to my comments. The only times he seems upset with it are the times that he has grown so fast that it needs adjusting.Good luck with starting - it will go much faster than you expect!Martha Ann> >> > Hi! I am new to the group. My 6 month old just got her helmet yesterday > > from Restorative Health Services. Has anyone else used this type of > > helmet before? It is a full helmet with small holes all over it! We had > > planned on starting today, however, she woke up with a stomach bug, so > > we plan to wait a day or so. Also, any tips on how to start? Yesterday > > during the final fitting she screamed most of the time. I am very > > anxious to get

started, but I know the sooner the better. Did anyone's > > child have a hard time getting use to the helmet and about how many > > days did it take for them to get use to it? Thanks, > >>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Hey! Thanks for the e-mail. We are on day 2 on going to start sleeping in it tonight. I think she is doing OK with it. I am sure it will get easier and better for her and me!! Why did you all have to go back for so many adjustments? Would he get red spots and does that mean it is time for an adjustment? How long will your son have to wear it? Do you only see Dr. once a month and just call RHS when you think he needs an adjustment? How old is knittingmama <knittingmama@...> wrote: Hi - I am one of the moms who is in a helmet from RHS. We

have been in it for almost 4 months, and my son has really done well with it. Although they do not provide specific measurements like some of the other providers you will read about here, we have been amazed at the difference we can see in our son's noggin! He is looking great, and I hope the same for your daughter. It really only took my son 1 or 2 days to get used to wearing it, and he seemed pretty comfortable in it from the start. We have to go back pretty frequently for adjustments, but they always work us in very quickly and are very receptive to my comments. The only times he seems upset with it are the times that he has grown so fast that it needs adjusting.Good luck with starting - it will go much faster than you expect!Martha Ann> >> > Hi! I am new to the group. My 6 month old just got her helmet yesterday > > from Restorative Health Services. Has anyone else used this type of > > helmet before? It is a full helmet with small holes all over it! We had > > planned on starting today, however, she woke up with a stomach bug, so > > we plan to wait a day or so. Also, any tips on how to start? Yesterday > > during the final fitting she screamed most of the time. I am very > > anxious to get

started, but I know the sooner the better. Did anyone's > > child have a hard time getting use to the helmet and about how many > > days did it take for them to get use to it? Thanks, > >>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi! yeah we had troubles with the red spots and needed to go in for A BUNCH of adjustments when he first got his helmet and we had to take it off for while. I agree that 3 weeks is too long- he's already do for a fitting again and it's only been a week and half LISA , somerville, malka_236 <lka_236@...> wrote: Red spots can mean that it is time for an adjustment. What you want to avoid is the red spots turning into sores because then the band will have to be off until the area(s) heal. If a baby has a lot of

growth spurts then that will also increase the amount of adjustments needed. We had a DOC band and went every 2 weeks (and my son was due by that time too). Good luck...hopefully, you see great results.lisa> > >> > > Hi! I am new to the group. My 6 month old just got her helmet > yesterday > > > from Restorative Health Services. Has anyone else used this type > of > > > helmet before? It is a full helmet with small holes all over it! > We had > > > planned on starting today, however, she

woke up with a stomach > bug, so > > > we plan to wait a day or so. Also, any tips on how to start? > Yesterday > > > during the final fitting she screamed most of the time. I am > very > > > anxious to get started, but I know the sooner the better. Did > anyone's > > > child have a hard time getting use to the helmet and about how > many > > > days did it take for them to get use to it? Thanks, > > >> >> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

My 1 year old is in a helmet from RHS. He has been in the helmet for almost 4 months and is doing great, wonderful improvement! We go back the end of January for our next visit and am hoping that will be it, but Dr. suggested we leave him in it for an additional month (we were originally told 4 months). Our only issue is he just got glasses about a month ago. RHS cut a channel on the sides to slide his glasses into, but it doesn't work very good at all. So we have been putting them on him when he is out of the helmet. There are times we leave him out of the helmet for longer than the hour a day, but we want him to get use to the glasses. It is hard to decide which he needs worse, the helmet or the glasses.Oh, the one lady was right about how cute they look in the helmet. We love the way my son looks in his. We have posted a picture of him in his helmet under "N". Good luck!, proud mother of 1 year

old

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Yay! Another RHS mom in the group. My son is about to finish his third month in

the RHS

helmet and had a very hard time adjusting. He took about a week. The thing is

pretty

bulky - but it's WORKING and that's the important thing. I have no idea how it

might

compare to other helmets in terms of comfort, etc. since no other helmet it

available in

the Nashville area. My son also screamed through the fitting. Don't worry, it

will get

better.

The cute thing about it is that it looks like a football helmet and people ask

us all the time

if he is trying out for peewee. It's funny. Contact me any time if you have

questions or

need support. I was a wreck the first couple of weeks!

>

> Hi! I am new to the group. My 6 month old just got her helmet yesterday

> from Restorative Health Services. Has anyone else used this type of

> helmet before? It is a full helmet with small holes all over it! We had

> planned on starting today, however, she woke up with a stomach bug, so

> we plan to wait a day or so. Also, any tips on how to start? Yesterday

> during the final fitting she screamed most of the time. I am very

> anxious to get started, but I know the sooner the better. Did anyone's

> child have a hard time getting use to the helmet and about how many

> days did it take for them to get use to it? Thanks,

>

is a cutie!

>

> My 1 year old is in a helmet from RHS. He has been in the helmet

for almost 4 months and is doing great, wonderful improvement! We

go back the end of January for our next visit and am hoping that

will be it, but Dr. suggested we leave him in it for an

additional month (we were originally told 4 months). Our only issue

is he just got glasses about a month ago. RHS cut a channel on the

sides to slide his glasses into, but it doesn't work very good at

all. So we have been putting them on him when he is out of the

helmet. There are times we leave him out of the helmet for longer

than the hour a day, but we want him to get use to the glasses. It

is hard to decide which he needs worse, the helmet or the glasses.

>

> Oh, the one lady was right about how cute they look in the helmet.

We love the way my son looks in his. We have posted a picture of him

in his helmet under " N " . Good luck!

>

> , proud mother of 1 year old

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

Hey! Thanks for the e-mail. I bet you can see a big difference in 3 months. How long do you think he will have to wear it? We are on about day 3 of wearing in all the time and it is getting a little better. We had to go get an adjustment yesterday and actually are going to have to go back again today. She is getting a dark red spot that does not go away right above her neck.I am thankful there is one here in Nashville. I know some people have to drive so far. We are just taking it day by day and praying for big growth spurts. She really does not seem bothered by it, except maybe her neck muscles are a little sore. We have been in therapy for R tort. since she was 10 weeks. It has pretty much resolved, however, I think with the weight of the helmet it may be causing a few pains. It is harder to do her stretches with the helmet on, so we do them when it is off the 3 times a day. What do you clean your son's helmet with? I have just been using alcohol, but I am sure it will

start to smell.. <kjm412@...> wrote: Yay! Another RHS mom in the group. My son is about to finish his third month in the RHS helmet and had a very hard time adjusting. He took about a week. The thing is pretty bulky - but it's WORKING and that's the important thing. I have no idea how it might compare to other helmets in terms of comfort, etc. since no other helmet it available in the Nashville area. My son also screamed through the fitting. Don't worry, it will get better.The cute thing about it is that

it looks like a football helmet and people ask us all the time if he is trying out for peewee. It's funny. Contact me any time if you have questions or need support. I was a wreck the first couple of weeks!>> Hi! I am new to the group. My 6 month old just got her helmet yesterday > from Restorative Health Services. Has anyone else used this type of > helmet before? It is a full helmet with small holes all over it! We had > planned on starting today, however, she woke up with a stomach bug, so > we plan to wait a day or so. Also, any tips on how to start? Yesterday > during the final fitting she screamed most of the time. I am very > anxious to get started, but I know the sooner the better. Did anyone's > child have a hard time getting use to the

helmet and about how many > days did it take for them to get use to it? Thanks, >

I was told by Cranial Tech to always remove the helmet for any and all tort stretches. I also used alchol each day and found that it worked well, good luck and keep us posted. Tammyknittingmama <knittingmama@...> wrote: Definitely try the 91% rubbing alcohol for cleaning the inside of the helmet - after almost 4 months, it is still really helping! Congratulations on getting through the first few days - it really will get easier.Martha Ann> >> > Hi! I am new to the group. My 6 month old just got her helmet yesterday > > from Restorative Health Services. Has anyone else used this type of > > helmet before? It is a full helmet with small holes all over it! We had > > planned on starting today, however, she woke up with a stomach bug, so > > we plan to wait a day or so. Also, any tips on how to start? Yesterday > > during the final fitting she screamed most of the time. I am very > > anxious to get started, but I know the sooner the better. Did anyone's > > child have a hard time getting use to the helmet and about how many

> > days did it take for them to get use to it? Thanks, > >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Hi there! Just wanted to tell you good luck - we graduated from our

RHS helmet about 3 weeks ago. We were in it for 6 months, and it went

really well. Dr. and the RHS folks were great. I hope you all

have a easy adjustment to wearing it and ultimately a good result! I

am still amazed that it worked as well as it did, and you will get a

lot if good insight from the people in this message board -

Again, wishing you the best!

Martha Ann

>

> I'm so glad to see other parents who are working with RHS and

> specificially Dr . This is new to us (as I titled my intro

> post). The only other couple we know to have gone through this quit

> using the helmet they bought. Possibly we'll see some of you at RHS

> or Vandy. Again, give me any tips that will help a newby. Thx!

>

Guest guest

Thanks Martha Ann. I pray the same. Glad to hear you had a great

experience. That's encouraging.

> >

> > I'm so glad to see other parents who are working with RHS and

> > specificially Dr . This is new to us (as I titled my intro

> > post). The only other couple we know to have gone through this

quit

> > using the helmet they bought. Possibly we'll see some of you at

RHS

> > or Vandy. Again, give me any tips that will help a newby. Thx!

> >

>