RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Anyone use a Hanger Helmet ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I'm new to this group. I have a 9.5 month old daughter with positional plagio. And we have a casting appointment with Hanger in Topeka Kansas on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if that's smart at all? Are all Hangers bad? Is it because they do other things? I know we are down to crunch time with her and her head. And I no longer want to waste time. Any help? cathyl65 <cathyl65@...> wrote: > >> > My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last > > Friday in Farmingdale, NY.> > > > They scanned his head and I assume

that he'll have it by this coming > > Wednesday, our next appointment.> > > > Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?> > > > Any info is greatly appreciated!> > > > Thanks,> > Michele> >>

Not all Hangers are bad. The key is a experienced and skilled ortho. I am in the Kansas City area. My daughter will be 6 next Saturday. She wore a STARband through a Hanger office in 2002 from age 9 to 12 months. We were very pleased with the results. She has before and afters under STARband and Jenna.

There have been many successful Hanger graduates.

Angie

Hi,

I'm new to this group. I have a 9.5 month old daughter with positional plagio. And we have a casting appointment with Hanger in Topeka Kansas on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if that's smart at all? Are all Hangers bad? Is it because they do other things? I know we are down to crunch time with her and her head. And I no longer want to waste time. Any help?

cathyl65 <cathyl65aol> wrote:

> >> > My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last > > Friday in Farmingdale, NY.> > > > They scanned his head and I assume that he'll have it by this coming > > Wednesday, our next appointment.> > > > Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?> > > > Any info is greatly appreciated!> > > > Thanks,> > Michele> >>

Hi , My son is 7 months old with brachy and has been in a Hanger helmet for 3 months. I don't know about the Hanger in Topeka but we have had a great experience with ours in Cincinnati. We have gotten excellent results and are supposedly nearing the end of his time in the helmet. Our Hanger facility has been very professional and informative with us and are always available for questions. I suppose each facility is different and alot of it may depend on the particular orthotist you get. It sounds like alot of the complaints about Hanger on this board have been about the specific location in long island I think? If you have concerns see if they can provide you with references. Good luck! PERRY PETERSON <perryandkaren@...> wrote: Hi, I'm new to this group. I have a 9.5 month old daughter with positional plagio. And we have a casting appointment with Hanger in Topeka Kansas on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if that's smart at all? Are all Hangers bad? Is it because they do other things? I know we are down to crunch time with her and her head. And I no longer want to waste time. Any help? cathyl65 <cathyl65aol> wrote: > >> > My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last > > Friday in Farmingdale, NY.> > > > They scanned his head and I assume

that he'll have it by this coming > > Wednesday, our next appointment.> > > > Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?> > > > Any info is greatly appreciated!> > > > Thanks,> > Michele> >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Not all Hanger facilities are bad! I have seen several moms on the board who are happy with their results and they had a Hanger band. My son is currently wearing a Hanger band with excellent results. It all depends on your orthotist and his or her experience with banding babies. If your ortho is experienced and you feel comfortable with him or her than you should be just fine. Maybe someone here has experience with the Hanger in Topeka and they can comment on that facility specifically. I am in Missouri and as I said am very happy. Good luck!Natasha Mom to r 7 mo old Hanger Band

Plagiocephaly From: perryandkaren@...Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 06:56:45 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Anyone use a Hanger Helmet ?

Hi,

I'm new to this group. I have a 9.5 month old daughter with positional plagio. And we have a casting appointment with Hanger in Topeka Kansas on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if that's smart at all? Are all Hangers bad? Is it because they do other things? I know we are down to crunch time with her and her head. And I no longer want to waste time. Any help?

> >> > My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last > > Friday in Farmingdale, NY.> > > > They scanned his head and I assume that he'll have it by this coming > > Wednesday, our next appointment.> > > > Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?> > > > Any info is greatly appreciated!> > > > Thanks,> > Michele> >>

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!

We are not saying that all Hangers are bad just stating the facts -Hanger does other things other than just the bands or helmets. This can lead to lack of expertise in that area. I agree it all depends on the ortho. Good luck. TammyNatasha <nlw9af@...> wrote: , Not all Hanger facilities are bad! I have seen several moms on the board who are happy with their results and they had a Hanger band. My son is currently wearing a Hanger band with excellent results. It all depends on your orthotist and his or her

experience with banding babies. If your ortho is experienced and you feel comfortable with him or her than you should be just fine. Maybe someone here has experience with the Hanger in Topeka and they can comment on that facility specifically. I am in Missouri and as I said am very happy. Good luck!Natasha Mom to r 7 mo old Hanger Band Plagiocephaly From: perryandkarensbcglobal (DOT) netDate: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 06:56:45 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Anyone use a Hanger Helmet ? Hi, I'm new to this group. I have a 9.5 month old daughter with positional plagio. And we have a casting appointment with Hanger in Topeka Kansas on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if that's smart at all? Are all Hangers bad? Is it because they do

other things? I know we are down to crunch time with her and her head. And I no longer want to waste time. Any help? cathyl65 <cathyl65aol> wrote: > >> > My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last > > Friday in Farmingdale, NY.> > > > They scanned his head and I assume that he'll have it by this coming > > Wednesday, our next appointment.> > > > Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?> > > > Any info is greatly appreciated!> > > > Thanks,> > Michele> >> Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!

I am confused, I thought the starbands were from Starband facilities, are the hanger bands the same as the starband, I was under the impression that they were not one in the same. Angie P <apope04@...> wrote: Not all Hangers are bad. The key is a experienced and skilled ortho. I am in the Kansas City area. My daughter will be 6 next Saturday. She wore a STARband through a Hanger office in 2002 from age 9 to 12 months. We

were very pleased with the results. She has before and afters under STARband and Jenna. There have been many successful Hanger graduates. Angie Re: Re: Anyone use a Hanger

Helmet ? Hi, I'm new to this group. I have a 9.5 month old daughter with positional plagio. And we have a casting appointment with Hanger in Topeka Kansas on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if that's smart at all? Are all Hangers bad? Is it because they do other things? I know we are down to crunch time with her and her head. And I no longer want to waste time. Any help? cathyl65 <cathyl65aol> wrote: > >> > My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last > > Friday in Farmingdale, NY.> > > > They scanned his head and I assume that he'll have it by this coming > > Wednesday, our next appointment.> > > > Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?> > > > Any info is greatly appreciated!> > > > Thanks,>

> Michele> >>

they are different bands. hanger makes a Hanger band and Orthomerica makes the STARband. Some Hanger facilities use STARbands. That was the case for us.

Angie

Hi,

Are there any specific questions I should ask when we go in? I would be willing to switch from Topeka to Kansas City - if ours turns out to not be as skilled. What was your orthos' name?Angie P <apope04@...> wrote: Not all Hangers are bad. The key is a experienced and skilled ortho. I am in the Kansas City area. My daughter will be 6 next Saturday. She wore a STARband through a Hanger office in 2002 from age 9 to 12 months. We were

very pleased with the results. She has before and afters under STARband and Jenna. There have been many successful Hanger graduates. Angie Re: Re: Anyone use a Hanger Helmet

? Hi, I'm new to this group. I have a 9.5 month old daughter with positional plagio. And we have a casting appointment with Hanger in Topeka Kansas on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if that's smart at all? Are all Hangers bad? Is it because they do other things? I know we are down to crunch time with her and her head. And I no longer want to waste time. Any help? cathyl65 <cathyl65aol> wrote: > >> > My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last > > Friday in Farmingdale, NY.> > > > They scanned his head and I assume that he'll have it by this coming > > Wednesday, our next appointment.> > > > Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?> > > > Any info is greatly appreciated!> > > > Thanks,> >

Michele> >>

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. Ritchison <s.ritchison@...> wrote: Hi , My son is 7 months old with brachy and has been in a Hanger helmet for 3 months. I don't know about the Hanger in Topeka but we have had a great experience with ours in Cincinnati. We have gotten excellent results and are supposedly nearing the end of his time in the helmet. Our Hanger facility has been very professional and informative with us and are always available for questions. I suppose each

facility is different and alot of it may depend on the particular orthotist you get. It sounds like alot of the complaints about Hanger on this board have been about the specific location in long island I think? If you have concerns see if they can provide you with references. Good luck! PERRY PETERSON <perryandkarensbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hi, I'm new to this group. I have a 9.5 month old daughter with positional plagio. And we have a casting appointment with Hanger in Topeka Kansas on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if that's smart at all? Are all Hangers bad? Is it because they do other things? I know we are down to crunch time with her and her head. And I no longer want to waste time. Any help? cathyl65 <cathyl65aol> wrote: > >> > My 8 month old son just went for the initial visit to Hanger last > > Friday in Farmingdale, NY.> > > > They scanned his head and I assume that he'll have it by this coming > > Wednesday, our next appointment.> > > > Did anyone have a bad experience there? Should I be worried?> > > > Any info is greatly appreciated!> > > > Thanks,> > Michele> >> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I believe there is a list of questions to ask in the files section. The ortho I used is ette and she is now at KU. She was awesome and very experienced. She was very patient with me and answered all of my questions and fit us in earlier when needed. Her name is ette Hamblin. I will try to fing her number again. Also I believe there is a Tom there with a lot of experience also. I had a friend who used him and was very pleased. Having said all of this the ortho in Topeka could be great and experienced. I would ask them how long the have been doing bands and if they have any parent references.

Angie

Hi,

I wanted to add not just how long the have been doing bands but how many. Sorry.

Angie

Hi,