RemedySpot.com

note to kjm412 regarding colic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kim, not sure what insurance that you have but mine united health care, empire covers the full cost of my sons formula similac alimentum because he has diagnosed colic. Just wanted to let you know in case you were in a similar situation and didnt know insurance may cover this for you. We save about 700 dollars a month this way. Tammy <kjm412@...> wrote: ,Your posting is a sobering reminder that kids have OTHER problems besides plagio...sounds like some hard decisions for you. Our son has colic (probably gastric

refulx ) along with plagio and that made the break in hard for him. He was just growing out of it when we got the helmet and now he's starting to teethe (oh joy!). Good luck at your appointment. If it's good for him, I hope he is through with his treatment! I am hoping Dr. will tell us we are done on Monday too, but I think it will be another month.>> My son has been in his RHS helmet 4 months and has never had any problems with it bothering his eyes. You said it sits low on his forehead, maybe it is hurting him when you pull it off and he is actually rubbing above his eye. (?) If you think the helmet is too low you can ask them to cut it higher and they will. The liner of our helmet shifted and the plastic was digging into my son's forehead when

we took it off, so we had RHS cut it higher on his forehead and don't have any problems now. > > Our last appointment was December the 10th (we go every 4 weeks), but because of my husband's work schedule and Dr. 's schedule we can not get in until the 28th. We are hoping we will be finished this month, but Dr. had mentioned maybe keeping him in it another month. As I mentioned in another posting, my son is now wearing glasses so we are wanting to concentrate on those. In addition, we live in Huntsville, so it is a 2 hour drive to Vanderbilt. Thank goodness my husband's parents live in Antioch, we have been going the night before his appointments and staying with them. > > Good luck with everything. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.> > > , mother of 1 yr old > > > >

---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Tammy,

Thanks. I breastfed exclusively at the time the colic was the worst - tried to

change my

diet, etc. Nothing worked. I did try the hypoallergenic formula at one point,

but he

wouldn't eat it. Our insurance would not cover it, but would cover the very

expensive

medicine. go figure!!!

Thanks for the advice!

> >

> > My son has been in his RHS helmet 4 months and has never had any problems

with it

> bothering his eyes. You said it sits low on his forehead, maybe it is hurting

him when

you

> pull it off and he is actually rubbing above his eye. (?) If you think the

helmet is too low

> you can ask them to cut it higher and they will. The liner of our helmet

shifted and the

> plastic was digging into my son's forehead when we took it off, so we had RHS

cut it

> higher on his forehead and don't have any problems now.

> >

> > Our last appointment was December the 10th (we go every 4 weeks), but

because of

my

> husband's work schedule and Dr. 's schedule we can not get in until the

28th. We

are

> hoping we will be finished this month, but Dr. had mentioned maybe

keeping him

in

> it another month. As I mentioned in another posting, my son is now wearing

glasses so

> we are wanting to concentrate on those. In addition, we live in Huntsville, so

it is a 2

hour

> drive to Vanderbilt. Thank goodness my husband's parents live in Antioch, we

have

been

> going the night before his appointments and staying with them.

> >

> > Good luck with everything. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions

or

> concerns.

> >

> >

> > , mother of 1 yr old

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it

now.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it

now.

>

, I hope that the colic has subsided. My son (and DD) both have/had milk and soy protein allergies. With my daughter I thought that ment don't drink milk or have ice cream, so I thought the diet change didn't work. But now that my son has it also, and we have a ped. that breastfed a similarly allergic child, I know that no soy and no milk means ABSOLUTLEY nothing with soy or milk as an ingreadient! Not even PAM! After 2 weeks on that diet, he was a completly diffrent baby, no more screaming from gas and a lot less spitup (we thought it was reflux at first). It has been hard on me, but I did lose all my baby weight and more, and am now cooking much more healthy.Kami <kjm412@...> wrote: Tammy,Thanks. I breastfed exclusively at the time the colic was the worst - tried to change my diet, etc. Nothing worked. I did try the hypoallergenic formula at one point, but he wouldn't eat it. Our insurance would not cover it, but would cover the very expensive medicine. go figure!!!Thanks for the advice!> >> > My son has been in his

RHS helmet 4 months and has never had any problems with it > bothering his eyes. You said it sits low on his forehead, maybe it is hurting him when you > pull it off and he is actually rubbing above his eye. (?) If you think the helmet is too low > you can ask them to cut it higher and they will. The liner of our helmet shifted and the > plastic was digging into my son's forehead when we took it off, so we had RHS cut it > higher on his forehead and don't have any problems now. > > > > Our last appointment was December the 10th (we go every 4 weeks), but because of my > husband's work schedule and Dr. 's schedule we can not get in until the 28th. We are > hoping we will be finished this month, but Dr. had mentioned maybe keeping him in > it another month. As I mentioned in another posting, my son is now wearing glasses so > we are wanting to concentrate on those.

In addition, we live in Huntsville, so it is a 2 hour > drive to Vanderbilt. Thank goodness my husband's parents live in Antioch, we have been > going the night before his appointments and staying with them. > > > > Good luck with everything. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or > concerns.> > > > > > , mother of 1 yr old > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.