RemedySpot.com

more head tilt with helmet?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey all! Keenan has been in his helmet for almost a week now, and I was wondering if anyone else noticed that their kiddos with tort began to tilt more with the helmet. It is mostly when he is on his back, even after positioning his head midline, it seems to drift to the side more than it did before the helmet... It also seems like the only time he really minds the helmet is when he is on his back. Any ideas on what to do? Kamiladpurdu <ladpurdu@...> wrote: If you believe something is wrong you

need to fight for it. When I took my son to the doctor at 2 months for tort. the nurse acted like I was crazy for even mentioning it and when I spoke with the doctor (of course the only one at my peds. that I don't like) she finally gave in to give me the referral to First Steps (IN government program for babies) because I think she knew I wouldn't take no for an answer. When I finally was able to see my regular doctor at 6 months she kinda acted like there wasn't a need and that he would be able to grow out of his tort. but said that if I felt comfortable to continue with his therapy. He is 8 months now and still in therapy. I know of a couple kids who only had therapy for 2 months for tort so this makes me think there was a bit more to my sons tort. then the doctors knew. I know for that reason alone that I did the right thing for my son. He was just fitted with the band yesterday and has not had any problem

so far. He seems to tilt his head more when it is on but I'll speak with his PT today about it and hopefully it won't be a problem when he gets used to it. Again my doctor acted like I was crazy when I told her that we had taken him to an orthotist to have his head measured per our PT's request. After she read his report she agreed that he did need it.I believe that a mother has a certain instinct about their kids. I knew something was not right with my son and I ended up being right. Fight for your daughter, get a second opinion if you need to. Don't regret something that can't be fixed later.>> My baby is 14 mo and was in the helmet for 8 mo and went from 14.8 mm diag > diff to 4.5. She has tort and has been in PT since 5.5 mo. She looks much better > but

still tilts on and off. She is NOT walking yet and is slow in gross > motor, but has PT weekly in the home. My concern is twofold and any advice or > comments would be appreciated (I just don't believe the docs anymore!) We have had > xrays and have seen 3 ortho ped surgeons and 3 PTs and 2 pediatricians and 1 > cranial facial doc.> The questions are:> 1. The face asymmetry comes and goes - or becomes more noticeable when my > baby tilts - will this ever end and her face be OK/???> 2. There is a bulge on the side of her head opposite the flat/former flatter > spot - we have been told by the docs and PTs that eventually - with growth - > this will not disappear but will be less of a percent of her head and thus will > not show/be noticeable.> Again, PLEASE, any input would be helpful. All the docs, etc have said she is > generally not tight and has

decent - though not full ROM - and surgery will > not help and it is mild.> > > > **************> Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489 > > > > > > > > > **************> Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.> > http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I noticed that immediately when they put the helmet on . He met

with his PT yesterday and she said to make sure to stretch his neck

really well after his bath since his muscles would be relaxed. She

said it's really hard to stretch those moscles without taking the

helmet off. We're just going to have to watch and see how he

responds. Since he's only been in the helmet for 2 days I can't

really say yet.

> >

> > My baby is 14 mo and was in the helmet for 8 mo and went from

> mm diag

> > diff to 4.5. She has tort and has been in PT since 5.5 mo. She

> looks much better

> > but still tilts on and off. She is NOT walking yet and is slow in

> gross

> > motor, but has PT weekly in the home. My concern is twofold and

any

> advice or

> > comments would be appreciated (I just don't believe the docs

> anymore!) We have had

> > xrays and have seen 3 ortho ped surgeons and 3 PTs and 2

> pediatricians and 1

> > cranial facial doc.

> > The questions are:

> > 1. The face asymmetry comes and goes - or becomes more noticeable

> when my

> > baby tilts - will this ever end and her face be OK/???

> > 2. There is a bulge on the side of her head opposite the

> flat/former flatter

> > spot - we have been told by the docs and PTs that eventually -

with

> growth -

> > this will not disappear but will be less of a percent of her head

> and thus will

> > not show/be noticeable.

> > Again, PLEASE, any input would be helpful. All the docs, etc have

> said she is

> > generally not tight and has decent - though not full ROM - and

> surgery will

> > not help and it is mild.

> >

> >

> >

> > **************

> > Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

> > http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

> NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > **************

> > Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

> >

> > http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

> NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Hey! I have noticed that my dtr. is tilting a great deal more to the opposite side of her tort? Has anyone had this happen before. The therapist said it may be b/c the muscles are so weak on the side she has tort.? Just wondering is anyone has had this happen? ladpurdu <ladpurdu@...> wrote: I noticed that immediately when they put the helmet on . He met with his PT yesterday and she said to make sure to stretch his neck really well after his bath since his muscles would be relaxed. She

said it's really hard to stretch those moscles without taking the helmet off. We're just going to have to watch and see how he responds. Since he's only been in the helmet for 2 days I can't really say yet.>

>> > My baby is 14 mo and was in the helmet for 8 mo and went from 14.8 > mm diag > > diff to 4.5. She has tort and has been in PT since 5.5 mo. She > looks much better > > but still tilts on and off. She is NOT walking yet and is slow in > gross > > motor, but has PT weekly in the home. My concern is twofold and any > advice or > > comments would be appreciated (I just don't believe the docs > anymore!) We have had > > xrays and have seen 3 ortho ped surgeons and 3 PTs and 2 > pediatricians and 1 > > cranial facial doc.> > The questions are:> > 1. The face asymmetry comes and goes - or becomes more noticeable > when my > > baby tilts - will this ever end and her face be OK/???> > 2. There is a bulge on the side of her head opposite the > flat/former flatter > > spot - we have been told by

the docs and PTs that eventually - with > growth - > > this will not disappear but will be less of a percent of her head > and thus will > > not show/be noticeable.> > Again, PLEASE, any input would be helpful. All the docs, etc have > said she is > > generally not tight and has decent - though not full ROM - and > surgery will > > not help and it is mild.> > > > > > > > **************> > Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.> > http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?> NCID=aolcmp00300000002489 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > **************> > Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.> >

> > http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?> NCID=aolcmp00300000002489> >> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.