RemedySpot.com

Re: Thanks for advice, and question about Band/Helet and Chiropractic care?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just my 2 cents but, if you are going to see a surgeon you should try to go to a cranio-facial surgeon rather than a neurosurgeon. The cranio-facial surgeons have more to do with how the skull jaw etc. function while the neurosurgeon has more to do with the brain's function, which is why I think the neuro we saw wondered why we were there to see him when we had already ruled out craniosytosis with x-rays. I also think that the cranio guys are a little more sympathetic to how things look. (not that that is the only reason to seek treatment) I really think that my ped. should have sent us to a craino in the first place. I don't know about the chiro but we take the helmet off for our PT for Tort. Does your chiro really think that pushing a baby's head against a board for a couple seconds a visit is really going to fix his head shape...? Kami <Mitchandjim@...> wrote: Hi again everyone..thanks so much for your advice about whether we should have looked at by Cranial Tech or a CranialFacial doc. We are going to have him looked at.. but I still dont know which is better.. taking him to Cranial Tech or taking him to Childrens for a look at by their Head Shape Evaluation Team of a CranialFacial Surguen, Neurosurgeon, PT and Orthotist. That way if they think that he needs xrays or MRI's they can go that route. Hmmmm... Still not sure. I have an appointment for a free consult with Cranial Tech next Tuesday, but may make one with

Childrens too.Other question.. for those doing Chiropractic..how do you do it with the helmet/band on? Our Chiro uses this little board for head that is supposed to help reshape it..he just pushes his head against it softly.. can do that with a helmet. For those seeing a Chiro, what do they do with your child when the band is on...or do you take it off just for the visit?Anyone from Northern Illinois that knows a good pediatrician who will acknowledge Plagio and Tort? It was funny, when I called Cranial Tech and they asked me who his Pedi was, they knew him right away because he is known for sticking to his theory that the head will shape by itself and NOT referring people.Oh, is there a preference for most between the DOC band and the STARband?Oh, I am driving myself nuts!

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.