Anybody in Northern VA?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been agonizing over treating and not treating my daughter with

the DOC band for positional plagiocephaly. I feel like I'll just

regret it if I don't... So now I need a pediatrician who will be

willing to write the RX for us. I know ours wont. We got a second

opinion and that's how we ended up at CT for the initial consult; I'm

not sure that this pediatrician would write a RX either (I'll try).

Can anybody recommend to us a good pediatrician in our area?

Thank you,

Ask CT if they know of any band friendly peds. Or maybe try seeing a craniofacial dr.

Just as a heads up - we had to really fight and push to get our rx.

Jen and Luli - 24 months

Left tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CA

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/

Anybody in Northern VA?

I have been agonizing over treating and not treating my daughter with

the DOC band for positional plagiocephaly. I feel like I'll just

regret it if I don't... So now I need a pediatrician who will be

willing to write the RX for us. I know ours wont. We got a second

opinion and that's how we ended up at CT for the initial consult; I'm

not sure that this pediatrician would write a RX either (I'll try).

Can anybody recommend to us a good pediatrician in our area?

Thank you,

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

I am not in your area but the way we got our script was to ask our ped who they refer to for neurologists. they must let you know the doctors they work with. Then I would go to this doctor and request a script and an eval. This way, you dont have the ped feeling out of his league in diagnosing. The neurologist nine times out of ten may say they would try repo first but will right the script for you if you are persistant. We told ours we would do repo but wanted the script just in case we went in that direction. Turns out my son was 15 mm off at cranial tech with the measurements and even repo day and night would not have done the trick. we just graduated from the helmet almost fully corrected 9 weeks later. Good luck and be persistant, if one does not give it get a second opinion from another neuro. If you have insurance this will cost around 18 dollars a visit so it is worth it. narniepacella

<narniepacella@...> wrote: I have been agonizing over treating and not treating my daughter with the DOC band for positional plagiocephaly. I feel like I'll just regret it if I don't... So now I need a pediatrician who will be willing to write the RX for us. I know ours wont. We got a second opinion and that's how we ended up at CT for the initial consult; I'm not sure that this pediatrician would write a RX either (I'll try). Can anybody recommend to us a good pediatrician in our area?Thank

you,

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Hey, I am in Warrenton, VA and we actually got our script from a nasty neurosurgen at Children's Hospital in Arlington (?) who said he wouldn't band, but left it up to us. I wouldn't recomend seeing this guy (even tho he did give us the Rx), but maybe one of the crainiofacial surgens there would be better. At the least a bit nicer! Im not sure if my ped. would have given us the Rx, when I brought it up she recomended that I go see the neurosurgen, but didn't really give me her opinon. KamiJenandLuli@... wrote: Ask CT if they know of any band friendly peds. Or maybe try seeing a craniofacial dr. Just as a heads up - we had to really fight and push to get our rx. Jen and Luli - 24 monthsLeft tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CAhttp://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/ Anybody in Northern VA? I have been agonizing over treating and not treating my daughter with the DOC band for positional plagiocephaly. I feel like I'll just regret it if I don't... So now I need a pediatrician who will be willing to write the RX for us. I know ours wont. We got a second

opinion and that's how we ended up at CT for the initial consult; I'm not sure that this pediatrician would write a RX either (I'll try). Can anybody recommend to us a good pediatrician in our area?Thank you, More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I'm in the Northern VA area also and my ped. is VERY band friendly! She actually referred our oldest son, now 3 for a band but with repositioning he corrected and now our 6 month old twins are up for a band. I think she may even be overly band friendly if there is such a thing. My husband seems to think she's in kuhutz(sp?) with the CT people! :) I would be more than happy to pass on the ped. info. Just email me and let me know!

Amber