RemedySpot.com

Re: I have to be honest, we HATE the helmet!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm sorry isn't taking right to it. I have had moments where I absolutely hated the helmet as well. Mine mostly came at night when my son would cry and cry because he couldn't get comfortable because of the helmet and velcro. It took about 3-4 weeks before he actually was completely adjusted. There were days when I didn't think we would be able to continue with the helmet because it was bothering me so much. He wasn't sleeping well and he was fussy. My son learned to roll right before we got the helmet and never rolled with it on until recently (almost 2 months later!). He would always roll when we had it off for breaks but never with it on. He has had his helmet since the last week in October and now he sleeps, rolls, plays and smiles in it. He really did adjust! He has recently started to feel the helmet and he grabs the sideburns and tries to pull them off and he scratches at the velcro and touches the top of his head through the hole. He realizes it is up there and he is curious about it but he is fine with it on. I think it will get better for you guys. Just take it one day at a time and do your best to get through. Keep reminding yourself that it is temporary and no child (that I have ever heard of) has suffered long term personality change from wearing the helmet. Ultimately, I think you will be so happy you stuck with it and the change in head shape REALLY IS AMAZING and so worth it! I hope adjusts soon and until then try to stay positive (I know it is hard) because this too shall pass!

Natasha mom to r 7 months old Hanger band

Plagiocephaly From: melissamc22@...Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:49:57 +0000Subject: I have to be honest, we HATE the helmet!

Hi Everyone,I figured I could post my feelings on here about this whole process- hopefully some of you understand!My sweet boy , almost 7 months, has been in his helmet for 5 days now. He hates it. Everyone told us that it would be an easy transition and that he would hardly notice, but he does, and it is really difficult to watch. is about to turn 7 months, and is soo close to crawling. He loves to roll around of the floor and giggle and "wrestle"( as much as a 7 month old could I suppose)and ever since he got his helmet, he hardly does any of that. He just seems.... sad, not like himself at all.I am really hoping this will pass, it has only been 5 days. But if I am honest, I would tell you that these last few days I have been questioning if we made the right decision- I am very much looking forward to his nice round head, but shutter to think these next few months will be like this!Anyways, maybe I am being a bit over dramatic about this,(first time mom!)but I was hoping some of you have some words of encouragement!Thanks in advance! Put your friends on the big screen with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!

Those 1st few days - and even weeks - are hard!!! I remeber feeling like the worst mom making her wear the band - but honestly - I found consistantsy was the BEST thing - the more I took off the band the more she hated it on and the longer she had it on the more easily she forgot about it.

Hang in there mom!!! I KNOW it's hard!!!

Jen and Luli - 24 months

Left tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CA

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/

I have to be honest, we HATE the helmet!

Hi Everyone,

I figured I could post my feelings on here about this whole process-

hopefully some of you understand!

My sweet boy , almost 7 months, has been in his helmet for 5

days now. He hates it. Everyone told us that it would be an easy

transition and that he would hardly notice, but he does, and it is

really difficult to watch. is about to turn 7 months, and is

soo close to crawling. He loves to roll around of the floor and giggle

and "wrestle"( as much as a 7 month old could I suppose)and ever since

he got his helmet, he hardly does any of that. He just seems.... sad,

not like himself at all.I am really hoping this will pass, it has only

been 5 days. But if I am honest, I would tell you that these last few

days I have been questioning if we made the right decision- I am very

much looking forward to his nice round head, but shutter to think these

next few months will be like this!

Anyways, maybe I am being a bit over dramatic about this,(first time

mom!)but I was hoping some of you have some words of encouragement!

Thanks in advance!

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!