RemedySpot.com

Re: horses

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Brett you paint such a great word picture of the 'rumble tumble' of 3 bros!

Mmm the personalities of Horses...THAT could be a whole extra Topic....my grand-daughter, Ahli, is looking after an elderly Arab Mare & got another younger pretty Shetland as a 'Mate'..BUT the Shetland ( innocently named, 'Tinsel') turned out to be a whole lot of TROUBLE...she kept leading the old grey Mare astray (breaking down Fences..ESCAPING for adventures!)...in the end Tinsel went back to her farm & now they're trying an VERY old Grey Gelding... so far so good. 'Marksman' & 'Lady' are doing elderly 'courting'! Marksman had recently lost his 'wife'!

It's great in this little Rural community..they pass their Horses around to each other....Horse Holidays & 'Stayovers'....there's a large group of Horses that have just been confiscated, by the RSPCA, from an old Farmer 'cos he wasn't able to properly care for them. The community has fostered the lot & they're scattered about on various farms being fed up & re-trained for kids to ride. The old farmer gets driven around to visit his nags..he loved them all but just wasn't coping.

Ahli is still saving up for a horse that can JUMP & go on LONG Trail rides through the Bush!

Cheers,

in Oz

PS Its always So good to see your posts Brett....I admire your spirit heaps...you are one awesome Dude!

>> well I guess I'll jump on the horse wagon as well> My brother's and I grew up on a farm and we each had our own pony to> take care of (lot of poop shoveling) we didn't really ride around like > you would think> all we ever did was race up and down the lane, my horse was always the > slowest> but he was the nicest of the three when he was tired of racing he > would sure let you know it> he would all of a sudden just stop and then start to roll on his back, > Aron's horse was> the fastest but he had a bitting problem he would turn his head and > bite you in> the leg and Cory's horse would just buck you off if he got tired of > running .> My brother's and I had a lot of fun growing up on the farm, lot's > of good memories> here is a picture of our horses> > > > Brett Bowser 40 MI.> familial UIP/IPF 11/07> stage 4 lung cancer 7/08>