RemedySpot.com

Re: U have a Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jane,

I've known several people with CMV. It is extremely common and is one of the many herpes viruses. (other herpes viruses include chicken pox, mononucleosis, genital herpes, oral herpes etc). Virtually everyone who reaches adulthood has been exposed to CMV during their life. CMV only poses a problem if someone is immune compromised such as if you are on immune suppressing drugs or have HIV/AIDS. Most people who are exposed never develop any symptoms of infection and therefore never know they have it.

Symptoms include, sore throat, low grade fever and fatigue.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

U have a Question

Hi!

Has anyone ever been infected or had CMV which stands for Cytomegalovirus?

Just wondering.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

Mama-Sher, it's a virus that I had years ago when was 17 months old. My first pulmonary doctor always mentioned it when he was recording my visit with him. I think it is a type of pneumonia.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>> Jane.... I've never heard this word...what is it??? > > > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > U have a Question> > > > Hi!> > Has anyone ever been infected or had CMV which stands for Cytomegalovirus?> > Just wondering.> > Toodles!> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>

MB,

Welcome back home! We're glad you're back at home so rest up! I had CMV when was 17 months old. I spen time in the hospital and was sick for a long time. I had high fevers, and the whole works. I always wondered if it had anything to do with my developing IPF as my first pulmonary doctor always talked about me having it. (even though that was years later.) Plus, I had two stillbirths and infection was always that cause. Anyways, rest up for your next adventure!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>> Jane,> I've known several people with CMV. It is extremely common and is one of the many herpes viruses. (other herpes viruses include chicken pox, mononucleosis, genital herpes, oral herpes etc). Virtually everyone who reaches adulthood has been exposed to CMV during their life. CMV only poses a problem if someone is immune compromised such as if you are on immune suppressing drugs or have HIV/AIDS. Most people who are exposed never develop any symptoms of infection and therefore never know they have it. > Symptoms include, sore throat, low grade fever and fatigue.> > Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > U have a Question> > > Hi!> Has anyone ever been infected or had CMV which stands for Cytomegalovirus?> Just wondering.> Toodles!> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>