RemedySpot.com

Re: Joyce Dalton's Memorial Service

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kerry,

Thank you so much for posting to all the rest of us about your conversations with Lucian and about Joyce's memorial. I can't begin to tell you what it means to me personally to have this gift. You painted a picture of Joyce's legacy that will sustain me in my own ongoing battle with fibrosis. It makes me happy that Lucian has an idea now of what Joyce meant to all of us here on the board. She is missed and is loved but she remains with all of us who knew and loved her and her posts remain in our archives to serve as inspiration to future members!

Thank you again Kerry!

Beth-Moderator

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08 I'm

Joyce Dalton's Memorial Service

I haven't posted because what can I possibly say... yet I feel I need to share at least a few things. My husband luckily took the call when Lucian called to tell me Joyce had passed. When I did speak with him personally I can't tell you how tough yet wonderful the conversation was. He really needed me and all of us to know that Joyce went the way he and she had prayed she would, in peace, without pain and with family around. He said it was like a whisper and she was gone. After telling him what a treat it was to witness a couple who so clearly loved each other, but really liked each other. Lucian said that when Joyce could barely speak she still took the time and made the effort to take his hand and say, "you are so good to me". Do you need any simpler example of what a good woman Joyce was at loving, appreciating and expressing it and doing so when it meant the most. Did I mention these two were

just wonderful together, a pair that was perfect for each other. In the following days I kept checking to see if I could do anything to help. Nothing was needed, but even so I wanted to visit w/ Lucian. I called to tell Lucian I was coming over and he said he had received a card from Blue Bell, PA and I immediately said oh, from Zion. He laughed and said yes. He said he was really having a tough morning and the girls had both headed out for the day when he opened 's card and it made him laugh. He had no idea we referred to Joyce as the Queen. If ever you think that those cards or contact with people don't make a difference know they do. Lucian said he had been trying to think about what to say at the service and here a woman he had never met had painted a picture eloquently. At that moment I realized there was something I could do. In mourning the loss of my mother one of the most

powerful and rewarding experiences was to talk to others who knew her. From childhood friends to new friends, neighbors, doctors and support group members (my mother was a breast cancer survivor). I decided to bring Lucian a small sampling of the board members comments about Joyce. I tried to give a sampling of newer members, long time members, different ways of expressing our feelings. I printed ones from across the country and across the world to show the impact this one woman that he loved had. I knew some had sent cards and he had spoken to Peggy, Leanne and I. I brought him individual posts from Caro, Ken, Joy, , , and Geeta. I took them to him and read them aloud. I can't tell you how much Geeta's post and poem touched me. I had the most difficult time reading it to him, but obviously it touched him. Lucian said he wanted to speak today if he could find the strength. He was

wonderful and I was so proud of him. He told the entire gathering about 's card and how it made him laugh, he told about the group and what it meant to Joyce. He told about the Foundation and how Leanne was there. He used comments from us including that I told him I could print him thousands of pages and never sum the feelings of the group, he spoke of Peggy's longing to be there, and quoted all the posts I gave him and closed w/ Geeta's poem. Joyce's pastor officiated the service and it was beautiful. As I sobed for my loss I tried to focus on the beauty of the stained glass in front of me, the fantastic portrait of Joyce and the beautiful flowers the voices of Joyces church members poured in from the back. They sang there acapella and were stunning! Oh, and Vicky's daisy's that she requested Leanne pick from my garden were hand delivered on her behalf. We spent the next couple hours visiting

w/ Joyce's friends and family in her home and shared the good cooking of her church family. Today has been an emotional day. I left Lucian w/ a couple dates planned for walks in the park, breakfasts, lunches and coffee's. I will continue to enjoy my relationship w/ the Dalton family. Please know that they appreciate all of you and would be happy that you have now shared in the day.Good night,Kerry

Kerry,

Thank you so much for posting to all the rest of us about your conversations with Lucian and about Joyce's memorial. I can't begin to tell you what it means to me personally to have this gift. You painted a picture of Joyce's legacy that will sustain me in my own ongoing battle with fibrosis. It makes me happy that Lucian has an idea now of what Joyce meant to all of us here on the board. She is missed and is loved but she remains with all of us who knew and loved her and her posts remain in our archives to serve as inspiration to future members!

Thank you again Kerry!

Beth-Moderator

I haven't posted because what can I possibly say... yet I feel I need to share at least a few things. My husband luckily took the call when Lucian called to tell me Joyce had passed. When I did speak with him personally I can't tell you how tough yet wonderful the conversation was. He really needed me and all of us to know that Joyce went the way he and she had prayed she would, in peace, without pain and with family around. He said it was like a whisper and she was gone. After telling him what a treat it was to witness a couple who so clearly loved each other, but really liked each other. Lucian said that when Joyce could barely speak she still took the time and made the effort to take his hand and say, "you are so good to me". Do you need any simpler example of what a good woman Joyce was at loving, appreciating and expressing it and doing so when it meant the most. Did I mention these two were

just wonderful together, a pair that was perfect for each other. In the following days I kept checking to see if I could do anything to help. Nothing was needed, but even so I wanted to visit w/ Lucian. I called to tell Lucian I was coming over and he said he had received a card from Blue Bell, PA and I immediately said oh, from Zion. He laughed and said yes. He said he was really having a tough morning and the girls had both headed out for the day when he opened 's card and it made him laugh. He had no idea we referred to Joyce as the Queen. If ever you think that those cards or contact with people don't make a difference know they do. Lucian said he had been trying to think about what to say at the service and here a woman he had never met had painted a picture eloquently. At that moment I realized there was something I could do. In mourning the loss of my mother one of the most

powerful and rewarding experiences was to talk to others who knew her. From childhood friends to new friends, neighbors, doctors and support group members (my mother was a breast cancer survivor). I decided to bring Lucian a small sampling of the board members comments about Joyce. I tried to give a sampling of newer members, long time members, different ways of expressing our feelings. I printed ones from across the country and across the world to show the impact this one woman that he loved had. I knew some had sent cards and he had spoken to Peggy, Leanne and I. I brought him individual posts from Caro, Ken, Joy, , , and Geeta. I took them to him and read them aloud. I can't tell you how much Geeta's post and poem touched me. I had the most difficult time reading it to him, but obviously it touched him. Lucian said he wanted to speak today if he could find the strength. He was

wonderful and I was so proud of him. He told the entire gathering about 's card and how it made him laugh, he told about the group and what it meant to Joyce. He told about the Foundation and how Leanne was there. He used comments from us including that I told him I could print him thousands of pages and never sum the feelings of the group, he spoke of Peggy's longing to be there, and quoted all the posts I gave him and closed w/ Geeta's poem. Joyce's pastor officiated the service and it was beautiful. As I sobed for my loss I tried to focus on the beauty of the stained glass in front of me, the fantastic portrait of Joyce and the beautiful flowers the voices of Joyces church members poured in from the back. They sang there acapella and were stunning! Oh, and Vicky's daisy's that she requested Leanne pick from my garden were hand delivered on her behalf. We spent the next couple hours visiting

w/ Joyce's friends and family in her home and shared the good cooking of her church family. Today has been an emotional day. I left Lucian w/ a couple dates planned for walks in the park, breakfasts, lunches and coffee's. I will continue to enjoy my relationship w/ the Dalton family. Please know that they appreciate all of you and would be happy that you have now shared in the day.Good night,Kerry

Kerry,

Thank you again Kerry!

Beth-Moderator

Thanks for sharing this with us Kerry. I did send Lucian a card and it makes me feel good to have sent my prayers to him in a more tangible form.

It's so nice you can continue to be a part of Lucian's life. Do please tell him I send my thoughts to him.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

I haven't posted because what can I possibly say... yet I feel I need to share at least a few things. My husband luckily took the call when Lucian called to tell me Joyce had passed. When I did speak with him personally I can't tell you how tough yet wonderful the conversation was. He really needed me and all of us to know that Joyce went the way he and she had prayed she would, in peace, without pain and with family around. He said it was like a whisper and she was gone. After telling him what a treat it was to witness a couple who so clearly loved each other, but really liked each other. Lucian said that when Joyce could barely speak she still took the time and made the effort to take his hand and say, "you are so good to me". Do you need any simpler example of what a good woman Joyce was at loving, appreciating and expressing it and doing so when it meant the most. Did I mention these two were just wonderful together, a pair that was perfect for each other. In the following days I kept checking to see if I could do anything to help. Nothing was needed, but even so I wanted to visit w/ Lucian. I called to tell Lucian I was coming over and he said he had received a card from Blue Bell, PA and I immediately said oh, from Zion. He laughed and said yes. He said he was really having a tough morning and the girls had both headed out for the day when he opened 's card and it made him laugh. He had no idea we referred to Joyce as the Queen. If ever you think that those cards or contact with people don't make a difference know they do. Lucian said he had been trying to think about what to say at the service and here a woman he had never met had painted a picture eloquently. At that moment I realized there was something I could do. In mourning the loss of my mother one of the most powerful and rewarding experiences was to talk to others who knew her. From childhood friends to new friends, neighbors, doctors and support group members (my mother was a breast cancer survivor). I decided to bring Lucian a small sampling of the board members comments about Joyce. I tried to give a sampling of newer members, long time members, different ways of expressing our feelings. I printed ones from across the country and across the world to show the impact this one woman that he loved had. I knew some had sent cards and he had spoken to Peggy, Leanne and I. I brought him individual posts from Caro, Ken, Joy, , , and Geeta. I took them to him and read them aloud. I can't tell you how much Geeta's post and poem touched me. I had the most difficult time reading it to him, but obviously it touched him. Lucian said he wanted to speak today if he could find the strength. He was wonderful and I was so proud of him. He told the entire gathering about 's card and how it made him laugh, he told about the group and what it meant to Joyce. He told about the Foundation and how Leanne was there. He used comments from us including that I told him I could print him thousands of pages and never sum the feelings of the group, he spoke of Peggy's longing to be there, and quoted all the posts I gave him and closed w/ Geeta's poem. Joyce's pastor officiated the service and it was beautiful. As I sobed for my loss I tried to focus on the beauty of the stained glass in front of me, the fantastic portrait of Joyce and the beautiful flowers the voices of Joyces church members poured in from the back. They sang there acapella and were stunning! Oh, and Vicky's daisy's that she requested Leanne pick from my garden were hand delivered on her behalf. We spent the next couple hours visiting w/ Joyce's friends and family in her home and shared the good cooking of her church family. Today has been an emotional day. I left Lucian w/ a couple dates planned for walks in the park, breakfasts, lunches and coffee's. I will continue to enjoy my relationship w/ the Dalton family. Please know that they appreciate all of you and would be happy that you have now shared in the day.Good night,Kerry

Thanks for sharing this with us Kerry. I did send Lucian a card and it makes me feel good to have sent my prayers to him in a more tangible form.

It's so nice you can continue to be a part of Lucian's life. Do please tell him I send my thoughts to him.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

I haven't posted because what can I possibly say... yet I feel I need to share at least a few things. My husband luckily took the call when Lucian called to tell me Joyce had passed. When I did speak with him personally I can't tell you how tough yet wonderful the conversation was. He really needed me and all of us to know that Joyce went the way he and she had prayed she would, in peace, without pain and with family around. He said it was like a whisper and she was gone. After telling him what a treat it was to witness a couple who so clearly loved each other, but really liked each other. Lucian said that when Joyce could barely speak she still took the time and made the effort to take his hand and say, "you are so good to me". Do you need any simpler example of what a good woman Joyce was at loving, appreciating and expressing it and doing so when it meant the most. Did I mention these two were just wonderful together, a pair that was perfect for each other. In the following days I kept checking to see if I could do anything to help. Nothing was needed, but even so I wanted to visit w/ Lucian. I called to tell Lucian I was coming over and he said he had received a card from Blue Bell, PA and I immediately said oh, from Zion. He laughed and said yes. He said he was really having a tough morning and the girls had both headed out for the day when he opened 's card and it made him laugh. He had no idea we referred to Joyce as the Queen. If ever you think that those cards or contact with people don't make a difference know they do. Lucian said he had been trying to think about what to say at the service and here a woman he had never met had painted a picture eloquently. At that moment I realized there was something I could do. In mourning the loss of my mother one of the most powerful and rewarding experiences was to talk to others who knew her. From childhood friends to new friends, neighbors, doctors and support group members (my mother was a breast cancer survivor). I decided to bring Lucian a small sampling of the board members comments about Joyce. I tried to give a sampling of newer members, long time members, different ways of expressing our feelings. I printed ones from across the country and across the world to show the impact this one woman that he loved had. I knew some had sent cards and he had spoken to Peggy, Leanne and I. I brought him individual posts from Caro, Ken, Joy, , , and Geeta. I took them to him and read them aloud. I can't tell you how much Geeta's post and poem touched me. I had the most difficult time reading it to him, but obviously it touched him. Lucian said he wanted to speak today if he could find the strength. He was wonderful and I was so proud of him. He told the entire gathering about 's card and how it made him laugh, he told about the group and what it meant to Joyce. He told about the Foundation and how Leanne was there. He used comments from us including that I told him I could print him thousands of pages and never sum the feelings of the group, he spoke of Peggy's longing to be there, and quoted all the posts I gave him and closed w/ Geeta's poem. Joyce's pastor officiated the service and it was beautiful. As I sobed for my loss I tried to focus on the beauty of the stained glass in front of me, the fantastic portrait of Joyce and the beautiful flowers the voices of Joyces church members poured in from the back. They sang there acapella and were stunning! Oh, and Vicky's daisy's that she requested Leanne pick from my garden were hand delivered on her behalf. We spent the next couple hours visiting w/ Joyce's friends and family in her home and shared the good cooking of her church family. Today has been an emotional day. I left Lucian w/ a couple dates planned for walks in the park, breakfasts, lunches and coffee's. I will continue to enjoy my relationship w/ the Dalton family. Please know that they appreciate all of you and would be happy that you have now shared in the day.Good night,Kerry

I just now am coming to the Board to post about Joyce's memorial

service....and I'll say what Kerry said.... She summed it up

beautifully. Lucian did such a great job. When he read Geeta's poem at

the end, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Kerry and I were just

sobbing....As the Pastor said, we don't cry for Joyce, she's with her

Maker....we cry for the family and we cry for us....it was a very

emotional tiring day. The picture of Joyce was absolutely beautiful.

(the new girl in our office at the Foundation) made up a poster

which I will post as soon as I can get a decent picture of it...but it

is a drawn picture of lungs with the folks from the on line support

group in the lungs......They put it up at the chapel. Lucian and

saw Zion. You so touched their hearts.... They saw the board of

folks that meant so much to Joyce and of course, our Queen meant so

much to us. She will be missed. But she will forever be in our hearts.

We have an angel watching over us.

Leanne

I just now am coming to the Board to post about Joyce's memorial

service....and I'll say what Kerry said.... She summed it up

beautifully. Lucian did such a great job. When he read Geeta's poem at

the end, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Kerry and I were just

sobbing....As the Pastor said, we don't cry for Joyce, she's with her

Maker....we cry for the family and we cry for us....it was a very

emotional tiring day. The picture of Joyce was absolutely beautiful.

(the new girl in our office at the Foundation) made up a poster

which I will post as soon as I can get a decent picture of it...but it

is a drawn picture of lungs with the folks from the on line support

group in the lungs......They put it up at the chapel. Lucian and

saw Zion. You so touched their hearts.... They saw the board of

folks that meant so much to Joyce and of course, our Queen meant so

much to us. She will be missed. But she will forever be in our hearts.

We have an angel watching over us.

Leanne

Leanne ... I missed Geeta's poem...would you post it for the board to read?

Thanks.

Re: Joyce Dalton's Memorial Service

I just now am coming to the Board to post about Joyce's memorial service....and I'll say what Kerry said.... She summed it up beautifully. Lucian did such a great job. When he read Geeta's poem at the end, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Kerry and I were just sobbing....As the Pastor said, we don't cry for Joyce, she's with her Maker....we cry for the family and we cry for us....it was a very emotional tiring day. The picture of Joyce was absolutely beautiful. (the new girl in our office at the Foundation) made up a poster which I will post as soon as I can get a decent picture of it...but it is a drawn picture of lungs with the folks from the on line support group in the lungs......They put it up at the chapel. Lucian and saw Zion. You so touched their hearts.... They saw the board of folks that meant so much to Joyce and of course, our Queen meant so much to us. She will be missed. But she will forever be in our hearts. We have an angel watching over us.Leanne

Sher, Here's Geeta's post:

It will now be a year since I joined the board and

Joyce one of the first to write me a mail , she also

shared my joy when I sent my son's wedding pics and

wanted to know in detail about the henna decorations

on the bride's hands, her zest for life is very much

evident in these things.

No matter how sick she was she saw some humour in her

experiences , she always made the newbies feel

welcome, there is so much more to say about her but

words seem inadequate.

A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam

and for a brief moment its glory and beauty

belong to our world

but then it flies away, and though we wish it

could have stopped , we feel lucky to have

seen it!

So says a poet and I can only agree that it was

indeed an honour to have known her.

God bless her soul.

Geeta

>

> Leanne ... I missed Geeta's poem...would you post it for the board

to read?

> Thanks.

>

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Re: Joyce Dalton's Memorial Service

>

>

> I just now am coming to the Board to post about Joyce's memorial

> service....and I'll say what Kerry said.... She summed it up

> beautifully. Lucian did such a great job. When he read Geeta's

poem at

> the end, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Kerry and I were

just

> sobbing....As the Pastor said, we don't cry for Joyce, she's with

her