RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Success treating Firbo?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thankyou Steph!

asked, "So what does your doctor treat your fibro with?" and Meg asked, "Can you send me the link for the Fibro group? When I searched for it, a bunch of groups came up. Also, I would love to know how your Dr. Bateman is treating you."

So, first up, to subscribe to the fibro email list, go to this link: http://www.listserv.net/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=FIBROM-L & H=COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

In regards to my treatment plan with Dr. Bateman, I've been seeing Dr. Bateman for 6 ½ years – which I can't believe it's been 6 ½ years. Wow. Anyhoo, she is extremely thorough in her approach:

1) Prior to the first visit, you complete a ton of paperwork (the good kind) – a very long and thorough questionnaire on your health and overall history. Timeline included.

2) Also prior to the first visit – you get a pretty complete set of tests done – nothing esoteric that insurance won't cover. Just a complete baseline.

3) The first visit is between an hour and two hours. Dr. Bateman reviews in depth your history, blood tests, etc. She takes copious notes. She also gives you a thorough physical exam. She's an internist, so she's a real pro in this area. When she checked my thyroid, she commented that it was irregularly shaped which is not uncommon for those of us with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

4) She then works out a treatment plan with you based on history, your input, tests, etc. It's very very complete. And although they all have common aspects the plans are all unique to the individual. For example, I have a profound immune non-function component to my CFS. She put me on gamma globulin shots every ten days to two weeks. I've been doing those shots for 6 ½ years and they've made a huge difference in my life. I don't get sick very often anymore and certainly not sick with the very weird contagions that I was experiencing prior to the shots.

5) She makes full use of the pharmaceutical arsenal available to her. But she is also open to alternative treatments. She is also current on all the research. She knows her stuff and is not afraid to push out on the leading edge.

6) Her staff is dedicated and her patients LOVE her.

7) I'm pretty pragmatic, but I really do think that the sun rises and sets over Dr. Bateman. J

Steph