RemedySpot.com

Re: New York Times Article, Chris Veasley & Editor contact info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I want to write a response letter to the new york times, but if they print it (for some crazy reason) i don't want my full name to be seen. Do you think I can write a letter and specifically request that only my first name be used if it were posted anywhere else? sending things to newspapers make me nervous....Chelle wrote: Ladies, the email below came from Veasley, who is Associate Executive Director for the National Vulvodynia Association. At the bottom she has a link to the editor. If

you enjoyed (and appreciated) the article on Vulvar Pain, please contact the New York Times and tell them so. It's about time we are being heard! Make your Voice loud and clear and maybe, just maybe we'll see more of this to follow. Hugs, ChelleVeasley wrote: Dear Yahoo E-Group Owner, The following announcement may be of interest to your group members. All the best, ----- Christin Veasley Associate Executive Director National Vulvodynia Association Direct: 278 on Street, N. Kingstown, RI, 02852 Headquarters: PO Box 4491, Silver Spring, MD, 20914 (phone) (fax) -----Original Message-----From: Christin Veasley [mailto:chris (AT) nva (DOT) org] Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:22 AMTo: chris@...Subject: New York Times Article Dear NVA Friend, We have exciting news to report! NVA approached health columnist Jane Brody about writing an article on vulvodynia for the New York Times and our conversations led to the article appearing in today's edition. Click on the link below to access the full article. (You can read it at no cost, but may have to complete a short registration process first.) Please take a minute to send a brief thank you to the editor and Ms. Brody to let them know that you'd like to read more about vulvodynia in the future. Please also consider reaching out to the health reporters or anchors at your local TV stations. This article could motivate them to do a segment on vulvodynia for your local newscast. Step-by-step guidelines on how to contact local reporters, plus talking

points on vulvodynia, can be viewed at the link below. Thanks very much! Phyllis Mate NVA Executive Director New Insights Into Genital Pain in Women by Jane E. Brody When a young woman complains of genital pain so severe that it makes sexual intercourse all but impossible, her partner may jump to the conclusion that she has a phobia about sex. But what if that same woman also experiences excruciating pain when trying to insert a tampon, undergo a pelvic exam, wear a pair of jeans, ride a bicycle or go jogging? Can phobia explain all those problems? Not very likely. In fact, studies have shown that sexual phobias are rarely the explanation for a condition known as vulvodynia, a chronic discomfort of the vulva that can result in searing or shooting pain when any amount of pressure is placed on the sensitized tissues. Some women compare

the feeling to acid being poured on an open wound... To read the full article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/29/health/29brod.html To send a letter to the editor: http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/help/lettertoeditor.html For guidelines on how to contact your local media and vulvodynia talking points: http://www.nva.org/about_nva/awareness.html (Scroll down to "Contact Your Local Media") Forward email This email was sent to chris@..., by chris@... Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by National Vulvodynia Assocation | PO Box 4491 | Silver Spring | MD | 20914

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.