RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Newbies Oh my this is quite long

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank You Ms Cutie Pie..  ;) Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Peggy: I am not a Newbie, but you really got to my heart today with this message to us. You are blessed with such a positive attitude and kind and generous heart. I love you very much, Peggy. You are so so special.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOU - RICHMOND VAIPF - 02>> Hi to all the Newbies, It seems like it has been forever since I have > welcomed anyone.. I am sorry about that.> Welcome to our Air Family. We do carry on about personal things and I > think that is because we have become> close and are indeed such a family of caring people all in this fight > against this cruel monster. Any questions are welcome and wanted. > There are NO dumb questions. One of us WILL answer.> > My name is Peggy, I am 66 (34) years old. I live in Silver Springs > Florida. I was diagnosed with IPF in June 2004. This is not what> my husband and I had planned for our retirement. We moved into our > new home 4/2004 so you can see we> were not here long before my life forever changed. I go to Shands > Hospital at the University of Gainesville> for my care. I love my Dr. and her staff.> > About this disease--I was put on prednisone for an infection and had > horrible side effects. (all of them)> So I do understand if you are having a hard time while on it. I wish > with everything in me I would NOT> have ever heard of it. Please know it does not help IPF at > ALL..enough about that.> Before our move I was feeling really good and loosing some weight. > Went to a new Dr. here and the first visit she told me I have a heart > or lung problem and she is doing some tests. I had a HRCT the next > day along with blood work. After the CT I was told to wait to take a > report back to my Dr. right then. Well this isn't the biggest of > towns so I didn't think to much of it. Of course when I got in the > car I opened it and saw STAT on top.. I knew something was up. My Dr. > sent me to a pulmonary guy and he told me I have fibrosis and would > be having a OLB> (open lung biopsy) I told him NO I won't, what else do we do now. I > didn't have a clue what it is.> LONG story short, I went to Shands, my daughter found out what it was > the first night and couldn't think of a way to tell me. You have to > understand I have had many many surgeries and do not panic when told > something is going on with my body.> About three months or so I was put on 02 at night. Then it increased > to activity then 24/7. I was so ill from the prednisone it didn't > really matter to me.. THEN I found out what really had, then and > found this group.> THIS GROUP has saved my mind more that I can say.> I have had several drops in saturation the past year and am currently > using from none sitting to 6L just putzing around the house. Going > out has all but stopped except with a wheel chair. Of course Church > Always. Anyhow I use 8 to 10L for walking and thats walking slow. > That is really hard for me--slow...> This disease is truly a monster.> > I have a very strong faith in God and know He has a master plan. > Sundays feed my soul.> > I am on wellbutrin, synthroid and ambian (12-years now) I know this > sounds like all gloom and doom but I am so blessed with family and > good friends. The best husband> that loves me regardless of our circumstances. He is my best friend.> > I have said so many times, I am happy, Blessed and not afraid of > death but this dyeing part is no fun.> So I choose to LIVE the life I have been given to it's fullest. One > year ago we took a trip to Chattanooga,> I love to travel. My dream was to have a big ol' Motor home and cross > the good ol' USA. NOW THAT would> be the BEST.. But I'll stay right here in the Forest and invite all > to come see me.> > May God Bless and Keep each and every one of you is my prayer> > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004> > "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."> > > >