RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: New to the Group!;thank you Jen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jen, Nice to meet you and thank you for the response. This is very helpful as all of this is new to me. I have 3 other children (is 10, Drake 8 and 4), but Alayna has definitely driven us down a different path than them. I was hoping that around the 3-4 month mark I might be asking the doctor how much longer! It's nice to become a part of this group as you are all the experts on this. I'm sure more questions will come up as we begin to wear this! Thanks again. Angie - mom to Alayna (almost 1) 1p36 deletion and STARband babyJen <ronandjenvelez@...> wrote: Hello and welcome to the group. :) On average, most babies wear their band anywhere between 3 and 6 mo. Some where it for less time, others for more. Some kids need more than 1 band. This depends on the baby's age, the severity of the plagio and also depends on growth while banded. After a baby hits about 6 mo, their growth slows, so correction often takes a little longer than with very young babies. My Daughter got her band at 7mo,1wk and wore it for 11 weeks. Many babies over 1 year (or around 1 yr, like your Daughter) often can take closer to 4 mo or so, depending.Good luck with everything and keep us updated on how she is doing.Jen :) (3 1/2 yrs), tort resolved, Hanger Band Grad (6 yrs), GERD, Juv. Scoliosis>> Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is and I'm > from Illinois. My daughter is going to be 1 very soon and she just got > her STARband on Thursday. Her name is Alayna. She has what is called > 1p36 Deletion Syndrome and she is not sitting on her own. She just > began rolling from her back to her tummy. She is very delayed > developmentally and cognitively.> > So, she has a flat head from being on her back most of the time and > from sitting in the bouncy seat and car seat.> > I'm very excited to join this group. I've read some of the most recent > posts and I'm sure it will be helpful.> > I tried to do a search, but didn't have much luck. On average how long > do these kids wear these helmets? I'm sure it depends upon the > severity, but it sure would

be nice to have it off before summer hits.> > Best Wishes,> - mom to Alayna>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.