RemedySpot.com

Re: Joyce Dalton

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's description of Joyce's last moments and transitioning sound

much like I would have described my mother's. While we will all miss

Joyce and I wish she had made it home, I can't help but feel some relief

this morning knowing that she's suffering no pain. We all know there was

no one more full of faith and belief or prepared for the time.

We'll always remember her. Now, the best way for those close to honor

and remember her is in taking care of Lucian, who just lost his entire

life in many ways as it wasn't just the woman he loved, taking care of

Joyce had become what he did and who he was to a large extent. He's

going to need strength and encouragement to turn his attention now to

family, friends, and enjoying his life.

>

> Good morning group,

>

> Unfortunately this morning I have to pass along sad news. Last night

at 10 o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her sleep. I'm

copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her youngest

daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she did not

suffer at the end.

>

> I know you all join with me in extending our sympathy and condolances

to her family. Joyce was one of the most courageous women I've ever had

the pleasure of knowing. I met her last fall in Chattanooga. She and her

wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when she was on 6-8 liters of

continuous O2. It was amazing then and still strikes me as amazing now.

>

> I will keep you all informed as arrangements for her memorial service

are made.

>

> Here is the email from Gretchen:

>

> Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She had

been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day.

She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one

prior. No pain, no fear.

>

> A memorial service is tentatively planned for next Saturday (in 12

days) at Kraft Funeral in sville, IN. She will be cremated in the

coming days.

>

> Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final years.

She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the group.

>

> Best Wishes, Gretchen (youngest daughter)

>

>

> Beth

> Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

>

> Change everything. Love and Forgive

>

Rest in peace Joyce, I am honoured to have known you even if it was only 'virtually'.

Love Ze xx>> Good morning group,> > Unfortunately this morning I have to pass along sad news. Last night at 10 o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her sleep. I'm copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her youngest daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she did not suffer at the end.> > I know you all join with me in extending our sympathy and condolances to her family. Joyce was one of the most courageous women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I met her last fall in Chattanooga. She and her wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when she was on 6-8 liters of continuous O2. It was amazing then and still strikes me as amazing now. > > I will keep you all informed as arrangements for her memorial service are made.> > Here is the email from Gretchen:> > Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day. She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one prior. No pain, no fear. > > A memorial service is tentatively planned for next Saturday (in 12 days) at Kraft Funeral in sville, IN. She will be cremated in the coming days.> > Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final years. She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the group.> > Best Wishes, Gretchen (youngest daughter)> > > Beth > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

Thank you MB....

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Joyce Dalton

Good morning group,

Unfortunately this morning I have to pass along sad news. Last night at 10 o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her sleep. I'm copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her youngest daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she did not suffer at the end.

I know you all join with me in extending our sympathy and condolances to her family. Joyce was one of the most courageous women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I met her last fall in Chattanooga. She and her wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when she was on 6-8 liters of continuous O2. It was amazing then and still strikes me as amazing now.

I will keep you all informed as arrangements for her memorial service are made.

Here is the email from Gretchen:

Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day. She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one prior. No pain, no fear. A memorial service is tentatively planned for next Saturday (in 12 days) at Kraft Funeral in sville, IN. She will be cremated in the coming days. Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final years. She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the group. Best Wishes, Gretchen (youngest daughter)

Beth

Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Thank you MB....

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Joyce Dalton

Good morning group,

Unfortunately this morning I have to pass along sad news. Last night at 10 o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her sleep. I'm copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her youngest daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she did not suffer at the end.

I know you all join with me in extending our sympathy and condolances to her family. Joyce was one of the most courageous women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I met her last fall in Chattanooga. She and her wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when she was on 6-8 liters of continuous O2. It was amazing then and still strikes me as amazing now.

Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day. She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one prior. No pain, no fear. A memorial service is tentatively planned for next Saturday (in 12 days) at Kraft Funeral in sville, IN. She will be cremated in the coming days. Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final years. She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the group. Best Wishes, Gretchen (youngest daughter)

Beth

Thank you MB....

Joyce Dalton

Good morning group,

Beth

I have been checking my posts each morning anxiously awaiting news on Joyce and at the same time fearful to find out she is gone. I am so glad she that she is not suffering any longer and yet I can't stop crying for all of us who will miss her more than words can say. I truthfully don't think I have ever known a more courageous or loving person, who despite an onslaught of health conditions and accompanying constant pain, still found the time and words to welcome all newbies, continually encourage those of us who were depressed and sick and shower all of us with love and hope. She fought so long and so hard and lived life to the fullest possible. I have a mental picture of her in her hat and gloves,covered in rash, attached to an unbelievable

amount of oxygen and out having dinner with Lucien because she refused to let this disease confine her to her house. I pray for her wonderful Lucien, her daughters and beloved grandchildren and for all of us as we try to mend our broken hearts.

Joyce, dear dear beloved friend, you have meant more to me than I can ever hope to express and I will miss you always-

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Joyce DaltonTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 7:11 AM

Good morning group,

Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day. She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one prior. No pain, no fear. A memorial service is tentatively planned for next Saturday (in 12 days) at Kraft Funeral

in sville, IN. She will be cremated in the coming days. Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final years. She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the group. Best Wishes, Gretchen (youngest daughter)

Beth

I have been checking my posts each morning anxiously awaiting news on Joyce and at the same time fearful to find out she is gone. I am so glad she that she is not suffering any longer and yet I can't stop crying for all of us who will miss her more than words can say. I truthfully don't think I have ever known a more courageous or loving person, who despite an onslaught of health conditions and accompanying constant pain, still found the time and words to welcome all newbies, continually encourage those of us who were depressed and sick and shower all of us with love and hope. She fought so long and so hard and lived life to the fullest possible. I have a mental picture of her in her hat and gloves,covered in rash, attached to an unbelievable

amount of oxygen and out having dinner with Lucien because she refused to let this disease confine her to her house. I pray for her wonderful Lucien, her daughters and beloved grandchildren and for all of us as we try to mend our broken hearts.

Joyce, dear dear beloved friend, you have meant more to me than I can ever hope to express and I will miss you always-

Subject: Joyce DaltonTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 7:11 AM

Good morning group,

Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day. She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one prior. No pain, no fear. A memorial service is tentatively planned for next Saturday (in 12 days) at Kraft Funeral

in sville, IN. She will be cremated in the coming days. Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final years. She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the group. Best Wishes, Gretchen (youngest daughter)

Beth

Good morning group,

Beth

I am so sad to hear this news. While I can't post often, I do check

in regularly. Joyce was one of the first to welcome me as well and

was always so gracious to everyone. I've been in the hospital at NIH

for the past week and had no idea what was going on.

She will definately be missed by so many. She was a great lady!

Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome albinism 02/pf 06

Kirkwood

Director of Outreach, Vice President

Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network

One South Road

Oyster Bay, NY 11771

1 (800) 789-9HPS

www.hermansky-pudlak.org

Personal blog: www.heatherkirkwood.blogspot.com

Search the Web at www.goodsearch.com and choose the HPS Network as

your charity!

>

>

> Subject: Joyce Dalton

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 7:11 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Good morning group,

>

> Unfortunately this morning I have to pass along sad news. Last

night at 10 o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her sleep.

I'm copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her

youngest daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she

did not suffer at the end.

>

> I know you all join with me in extending our sympathy and

condolances to her family. Joyce was one of the most courageous

women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I met her last fall in

Chattanooga. She and her wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when

she was on 6-8 liters of continuous O2. It was amazing then and still

strikes me as amazing now.

>

> I will keep you all informed as arrangements for her memorial

service are made.

>

>

> Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She

had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each

day. She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than

the one prior. No pain, no fear.

>

days) at Kraft Funeral in sville, IN. She will be cremated in

the coming days.

>

> Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final

years. She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the

group.

>

>

>

>

> Beth

>

>

>

>

To Lucein and his family,

Please know that we all loved Joyce and are so saddened by her passing.

She is painfree and I hope that gives you some peace.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

hkdawn wrote:

I am so sad to hear this news. While I can't post often, I do

check

in regularly. Joyce was one of the first to welcome me as well and

was always so gracious to everyone. I've been in the hospital at NIH

for the past week and had no idea what was going on.

She will definately be missed by so many. She was a great lady!

Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome albinism 02/pf 06

Kirkwood

Director of Outreach, Vice President

Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network

One South Road

Oyster Bay, NY 11771

1 (800) 789-9HPS

www.hermansky-pudlak.org

Personal blog: www.heatherkirkwood.blogspot.com

Search the Web at www.goodsearch.com and choose the HPS Network as

your charity!

>

>

> Subject: Joyce Dalton

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 7:11 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Good morning group,

>

> Unfortunately this morning I have to pass along sad news. Last

night at 10 o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her

sleep.

I'm copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her

youngest daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she

did not suffer at the end.

>

> I know you all join with me in extending our sympathy and

condolances to her family. Joyce was one of the most courageous

women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I met her last fall in

Chattanooga. She and her wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when

she was on 6-8 liters of continuous O2. It was amazing then and still

strikes me as amazing now.

>

> I will keep you all informed as arrangements for her memorial

service are made.

>

>

> Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She

had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each

day. She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than

the one prior. No pain, no fear.

>

days) at Kraft Funeral in sville, IN. She will be cremated in

the coming days.

>

> Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final

years. She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the

group.

>

>

>

>

> Beth

>

>

>

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1673 - Release Date: 9/15/2008 6:49 PM

I’m so sorry to hear that Joyce has

lost her extended battle with this terrible disease. I can only offer the

following quote from a Warren Hansen book.

" I will travel empty-handed.

There is not a single thing I have collected in my life that I would ever want

to bring except … the love of those who loved me, and the warmth of those

who cared. The happiness and memories and the magic that we

shared.” by Warren Hansen

The entire board has certainly shared

magic, memories, warmth and love with this angel

Ken Baker UIP/IPF 12/05 New Hampshire

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Beth

Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008

10:12 AM

To: Breathe-Support

Subject: Joyce

Dalton

Good morning group,

Unfortunately this morning I have

to pass along sad news. Last night at 10

o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her sleep. I'm

copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her youngest

daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she did not suffer at

the end.

I know you all join with me in extending

our sympathy and condolances to her family. Joyce was one of

the most courageous women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I met her

last fall in Chattanooga.

She and her wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when she was on 6-8

liters of continuous O2. It was amazing then and still strikes me as

amazing now.

I will keep you all informed as

arrangements for her memorial service are made.

Last

night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She had been

hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day. She passed

away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one prior. No

pain, no fear.

A memorial service is

tentatively planned for next

Saturday (in 12 days) at Kraft Funeral in sville,

IN. She will be cremated in

the coming days.

Thanks to all of you

who loved and supported her these final years. She thought highly of you,

and so enjoyed her time with the group.

Best Wishes, Gretchen

(youngest daughter)

Beth

Age 49

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Ken This is Beautiful and I can hear Joyce saying that. Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  I’m so sorry to hear that Joyce has lost her extended battle with this terrible disease.  I can only offer the following quote from a Warren Hansen book. "I will travel empty-handed.  There is not a single thing I have collected in my life that I would ever want to bring except … the love of those who loved me, and the warmth of those who cared.  The happiness and memories and the magic that we shared.” by Warren Hansen The entire board has certainly shared magic, memories, warmth and love with this angel Ken Baker UIP/IPF 12/05 New Hampshire From: Breathe-Support  [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of  BethSent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:12 AMTo: Breathe-Support Subject:  Joyce Dalton Good morning group, Unfortunately this morning I have to pass along sad news. Last night at 10 o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her sleep. I'm copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her youngest daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she did not suffer at the end. I know you all join with me in extending our sympathy and condolances to her family.  Joyce was one of the most courageous women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I met her last fall in Chattanooga. She and her wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when she was on 6-8 liters of continuous O2. It was amazing then and still strikes me as amazing now. I will keep you all informed as arrangements for her memorial service are made. Here is the email from Gretchen: Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away.  She had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day.  She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one prior.  No pain, no fear.   A memorial service is tentatively planned for next Saturday (in 12 days) at Kraft Funeral in sville, IN.  She will be cremated in the coming days. Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final years.  She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the group. Best Wishes, Gretchen (youngest daughter) Beth Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08 Change everything. Love and Forgive