RemedySpot.com

Re: Recently diagnosed with vestibulitis- Have question about my symptoms

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Your story sounds very familiar to mine! All symptoms od BV and YI caused my Vestibulitis too! I have used many of the same creams, ointments and presriptions you mentioned in your post. The biopsy would have told you you had LP if you did. Mine only showed inflammation too! My treatment was Dienestrol a compounded Estrogen since the insides of me were down to 1 cell layer which cause my pain. I also used a lidex steroid cream on the outside and a topical shampoo for itch/fungal to help feel clean in that area. There will be occassional flareups but I am able to have sex again with litte to no pain. It is a tough road but now that you have the diagnosis..there is treatment available. Also, you are going to hear a lot about the anti-yeast diet. Diet plays a role in healing the "itch". Hang in there... Debbie, 31 in

AZjmd0917 wrote: Hey everyone! I am so glad that I found you all! I have felt so alone with this condition. I have a question about my symptoms. Let me first start by giving you a little background history. For nearly the past 2 years I have been told that I had yeast infections and bacterial infections. I have been to 7 different gynecologists in hopes of finding someone who could help me. I have taken countless diflucan pills (average 3-4/mo every month), used tons of terazol,

clindamycin, metrogel, flagyl- you name it I have used it in large quanities. Finally, I found my current doctor and she told me that I have vestibulitis. She did a biopsy and the results show inflammation. I am scheduled to have a laparoscopy done next month. And then we may try laser ablation. My symptoms are contast feeling of dryness, burning, itching, and irritation at the opening (not necesarily on the outside labia but just inside). The opening is always very red. Sex burns so badly I can barely stand it. I have yellow discharge (not a lot but it is constant). My doctor gave me lidocaine gel to apply before sex and that makes sex tolerable (not pleasurable, but it gets me through it). Does this sound like vestibulitis to you? I have done a lot of reading and I have read about something called lichen planus. I am not real sure what exactly that is though. But, the symptoms see to match mine.Thank

you in advance and happy Friday!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Have you tried topical estrogen? That is what helped me the most.

-------------- Original message -------------- > Hey everyone! I am so glad that I found you all! I have felt so > alone with this condition. I have a question about my symptoms. Let > me first start by giving you a little background history. For nearly > the past 2 years I have been told that I had yeast infections and > bacterial infections. I have been to 7 different gynecologists in > hopes of finding someone who could help me. I have taken countless > diflucan pills (average 3-4/mo every month), used tons of terazol, > clindamycin, metrogel, flagyl- you name it I have used it in large > quanities. Finally, I found my current doctor and she told me that I > have vestibulitis. She did a biopsy and the results show > inflammation. I am scheduled to have a laparo

scopy done next month. > And then we may try laser ablation. My symptoms are contast feeling > of dryness, burning, itching, and irritation at the opening (not > necesarily on the outside labia but just inside). The opening is > always very red. Sex burns so badly I can barely stand it. I have > yellow discharge (not a lot but it is constant). My doctor gave me > lidocaine gel to apply before sex and that makes sex tolerable (not > pleasurable, but it gets me through it). > > Does this sound like vestibulitis to you? I have done a lot of > reading and I have read about something called lichen planus. I am > not real sure what exactly that is though. But, the symptoms see to > match mine. > > Thank you in advance and happy Friday! > > > > > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > Thanks for your cooperation! ** &g

t; > ***

Hi , and welcome to the group. Sounds like you've been through your fair share of docs, treatments, etc. Do you have a copy of the V Book, by ...it has a lot of good info in it about infections and the Lichens: Planus & Sclerosis. Are you having a Laparoscopy due to a lot of pelvic pain in general? By chance are you on birth control pills? I began using them when I was young (for Endo pain) and they ended up causing more problems that help. BC pill use can put you at a greater risk of developing vulvar pain, particularly vestibulitis. Please don't make yourself 'suffer' through painful sex. When you have sex and you're in pain, you learn to associate sex with 'pain'. Take care of yourself and I hope you find answers soon. Hugs, Chelle