RemedySpot.com

Re: Candida Diet Info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You can look it up on a GOOGLE search or there is a book called The Yeast Connection Handbook by Crook. I did both. I read the book and did other research.Bacially it is a sugar free diet. No processed foods. You eat a lot of meat and vegetables. I ate oatmeal, but some say no wheat, gluten or oatmeal. I put walnuts on it and sweetened it with stevia powder. Avoid fermented foods and foods with yeast in them. No food dyes, perservatives, artificial flavors.

I also buy a bread from French Meadow bakery that is yeast and sugar free. I ate no fruit but an occassional apple. I kept a food diary the whole time. To see what foods I could add back. There is a book called "The Caveman Diet" that talks about eating "real" foods. I avoided all foods with corn syrup.(a very addictive sugar) I avoid cow's milk and sour cream and cream cheese. I do love cheese so when I was first on the diet I only ate a few hard cheeses melted. I bought rice pasta instead of wheat. I went gluten free the first few months of the diet. I even made my own chicken tenders with tapioca flour and seasonings. I did keep potatoes in my diet, that was the one thing I couldn't give up, but I only put salt, pepper and a dapped of real butter on it. (never eat margerine its not 'real"). Lots of brown rice, bottled water, no coffee, and if you must have coffee drink it black or sweetened with stevia. No soy milk, it's loaded with sugar. It sounds like you can't eat a lot but you can if you like to cook. Pot roast with veggies in the crockpot, ribeye steak with steamed broccoli, etc. I used fruit sweetened ketchup instead of Heinz. Heinz is sweetened with corn syrup. After I took corn syrup out of our diet at home, my boyfriend even noticed that he would get a headache if he consumed lots of foods with corn syrup in them. I also take supplements everyday, fish oil, b vitimins, calcium magnesium.

Personally, I believe it is the way people should be eating all of the time. Real foods, meats, veggies, fruits, whole grains(if a person is not gluten sensitive), and way less sugar. I have eaten this way and eaten the typical "American diet' as well and the difference in what I weigh and feel is very noticable.

This diet helped me realize that I react negatively to cow's milk, ice cream, corn syrup and yeast.

Funny thing about this whole thing is....I went off this diet last year when I got a new job in the food industry. I am on the road a lot, starting eating fast foods, donuts, sodas, etc. AND guess what? The itching came back. Let the docs that said what I eat has no effect on my itching and burning. I say HOGWASH in my case.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

You can look it up on a GOOGLE search or there is a book called The Yeast Connection Handbook by Crook. I did both. I read the book and did other research.Bacially it is a sugar free diet. No processed foods. You eat a lot of meat and vegetables. I ate oatmeal, but some say no wheat, gluten or oatmeal. I put walnuts on it and sweetened it with stevia powder. Avoid fermented foods and foods with yeast in them. No food dyes, perservatives, artificial flavors.

I also buy a bread from French Meadow bakery that is yeast and sugar free. I ate no fruit but an occassional apple. I kept a food diary the whole time. To see what foods I could add back. There is a book called "The Caveman Diet" that talks about eating "real" foods. I avoided all foods with corn syrup.(a very addictive sugar) I avoid cow's milk and sour cream and cream cheese. I do love cheese so when I was first on the diet I only ate a few hard cheeses melted. I bought rice pasta instead of wheat. I went gluten free the first few months of the diet. I even made my own chicken tenders with tapioca flour and seasonings. I did keep potatoes in my diet, that was the one thing I couldn't give up, but I only put salt, pepper and a dapped of real butter on it. (never eat margerine its not 'real"). Lots of brown rice, bottled water, no coffee, and if you must have coffee drink it black or sweetened with stevia. No soy milk, it's loaded with sugar. It sounds like you can't eat a lot but you can if you like to cook. Pot roast with veggies in the crockpot, ribeye steak with steamed broccoli, etc. I used fruit sweetened ketchup instead of Heinz. Heinz is sweetened with corn syrup. After I took corn syrup out of our diet at home, my boyfriend even noticed that he would get a headache if he consumed lots of foods with corn syrup in them. I also take supplements everyday, fish oil, b vitimins, calcium magnesium.

Personally, I believe it is the way people should be eating all of the time. Real foods, meats, veggies, fruits, whole grains(if a person is not gluten sensitive), and way less sugar. I have eaten this way and eaten the typical "American diet' as well and the difference in what I weigh and feel is very noticable.

This diet helped me realize that I react negatively to cow's milk, ice cream, corn syrup and yeast.

Funny thing about this whole thing is....I went off this diet last year when I got a new job in the food industry. I am on the road a lot, starting eating fast foods, donuts, sodas, etc. AND guess what? The itching came back. Let the docs that said what I eat has no effect on my itching and burning. I say HOGWASH in my case.

Thank you I will get the book right away and I see

I have homework. Thanks a whole lot. You have

to use your own sense, the doctors don't know

everything. Thanks, G & G

Thank you I will get the book right away and I see

I have homework. Thanks a whole lot. You have

to use your own sense, the doctors don't know

everything. Thanks, G & G

You mentioned about the candida diet excluding fermented foods...it

should be noted that this means things like alcoholic beverages. Things

like cultured veggies (ie kimchee) are actually quite good for us as

they are fermented with beneficial bacteria for our guts. Just have to

make sure you make your own or read the labels to make sure they are

not fermented with sugars.

Melinda