RemedySpot.com

Re: Study on Siblings of Children with ASD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What about adult children who have lived through it? You might get some insight from them.Sincerely,A. Hamilton To: sList Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 6:36 PM Subject: Study on Siblings of

Children with ASD

I'm studying the Resilience of Siblings of children with ASD and it's relationship to social support. I'd love some help in reaching out to siblings that might want to participate in this online survey. I'd greatly appreciate you passing this information along, as this is an area that is greatly lacking in research. See below for more info:

https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqks

My name is Medrano and I am a doctoral student at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University in San Francisco. As part of my graduate program I am conducting research about siblings of children with autism and social support. I'm hoping that someone in your family will want to participate. To be eligible, siblings must be between the ages of 9-11 and have parental permission. Participation consists of filling out one questionnaire for parents that should take a total of about 5 minutes and two questionnaires for children, which should take approximately 25 minutes. Upon completion of the surveys, participants will receive a $5 gift card for Starbucks. Participation is anonymous; however, the gift card will be sent via e-mail; therefore an e-mail address must be provided to receive the gift card. My study has been reviewed by the Institutional Review Board at my institution to ensure that I have

followed ethical protocols in designing and conducting my study. If you are a parent and think your child would be interested, please go to the following website, which will tell you more about the study. After you read this information and sign the information letter, then your child may access the site.

Guest guest

What about adult children who have lived through it? You might get some insight from them.Sincerely,A. Hamilton To: sList Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 6:36 PM Subject: Study on Siblings of

Children with ASD

I'm studying the Resilience of Siblings of children with ASD and it's relationship to social support. I'd love some help in reaching out to siblings that might want to participate in this online survey. I'd greatly appreciate you passing this information along, as this is an area that is greatly lacking in research. See below for more info:

My name is Medrano and I am a doctoral student at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University in San Francisco. As part of my graduate program I am conducting research about siblings of children with autism and social support. I'm hoping that someone in your family will want to participate. To be eligible, siblings must be between the ages of 9-11 and have parental permission. Participation consists of filling out one questionnaire for parents that should take a total of about 5 minutes and two questionnaires for children, which should take approximately 25 minutes. Upon completion of the surveys, participants will receive a $5 gift card for Starbucks. Participation is anonymous; however, the gift card will be sent via e-mail; therefore an e-mail address must be provided to receive the gift card. My study has been reviewed by the Institutional Review Board at my institution to ensure that I have

followed ethical protocols in designing and conducting my study. If you are a parent and think your child would be interested, please go to the following website, which will tell you more about the study. After you read this information and sign the information letter, then your child may access the site.

Guest guest

Children with ASD

Guest guest

I have a question about melatonin. Have any of your kids had negative side effects from taking it? Is it effective for getting kids to sleep?

Subject: Re: Study on Siblings of Children with ASDTo: "sList " <sList >Date: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 8:45 AM

What about adult children who have lived through it? You might get some insight from them.

Sincerely,

A. Hamilton

To: sList Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 6:36 PMSubject: Study on Siblings of Children with ASD

I'm studying the Resilience of Siblings of children with ASD and it's relationship to social support. I'd love some help in reaching out to siblings that might want to participate in this online survey. I'd greatly appreciate you passing this information along, as this is an area that is greatly lacking in research. See below for more info:https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqksMy name is Medrano and I am a doctoral student at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University in San Francisco. As part of my graduate program I am conducting research about siblings of children with autism and social support. I'm hoping that someone in your family will want to participate. To be eligible, siblings must be between the ages of 9-11 and have parental permission. Participation consists of

filling out one questionnaire for parents that should take a total of about 5 minutes and two questionnaires for children, which should take approximately 25 minutes. Upon completion of the surveys, participants will receive a $5 gift card for Starbucks. Participation is anonymous; however, the gift card will be sent via e-mail; therefore an e-mail address must be provided to receive the gift card. My study has been reviewed by the Institutional Review Board at my institution to ensure that I have followed ethical protocols in designing and conducting my study. If you are a parent and think your child would be interested, please go to the following website, which will tell you more about the study. After you read this information and sign the information letter, then your child may access the site.https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqks

Guest guest

I have a question about melatonin. Have any of your kids had negative side effects from taking it? Is it effective for getting kids to sleep?

Subject: Re: Study on Siblings of Children with ASDTo: "sList " <sList >Date: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 8:45 AM

What about adult children who have lived through it? You might get some insight from them.

Sincerely,

A. Hamilton

To: sList Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 6:36 PMSubject: Study on Siblings of Children with ASD

I'm studying the Resilience of Siblings of children with ASD and it's relationship to social support. I'd love some help in reaching out to siblings that might want to participate in this online survey. I'd greatly appreciate you passing this information along, as this is an area that is greatly lacking in research. See below for more info:https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqksMy name is Medrano and I am a doctoral student at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University in San Francisco. As part of my graduate program I am conducting research about siblings of children with autism and social support. I'm hoping that someone in your family will want to participate. To be eligible, siblings must be between the ages of 9-11 and have parental permission. Participation consists of

filling out one questionnaire for parents that should take a total of about 5 minutes and two questionnaires for children, which should take approximately 25 minutes. Upon completion of the surveys, participants will receive a $5 gift card for Starbucks. Participation is anonymous; however, the gift card will be sent via e-mail; therefore an e-mail address must be provided to receive the gift card. My study has been reviewed by the Institutional Review Board at my institution to ensure that I have followed ethical protocols in designing and conducting my study. If you are a parent and think your child would be interested, please go to the following website, which will tell you more about the study. After you read this information and sign the information letter, then your child may access the site.https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

I also agree that it is vastly important to understand how each member of the

family is impacted by diagnoses, such as autism, at all ages. I believe Penn

State is studying adolescent siblings of autistic children. If I can find the

study I will post it.

Best,

> >

> > What about adult children who have lived through it? You might get some

insight from them.

> > Sincerely,

> > A. Hamilton

> >

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: amanda_medrano

> > To: sList

> > Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 6:36 PM

> > Subject: Study on Siblings of Children with ASD

> >

> >

> >  

> > I'm studying the Resilience of Siblings of children with ASD and it's

relationship to social support. I'd love some help in reaching out to siblings

that might want to participate in this online survey. I'd greatly appreciate you

passing this information along, as this is an area that is greatly lacking in

research. See below for more info:

> > https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqks

> >

> > My name is Medrano and I am a doctoral student at the California

School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University in San

Francisco. As part of my graduate program I am conducting research about

siblings of children with autism and social support. I'm hoping that someone in

your family will want to participate. To be eligible, siblings must be between

the ages of 9-11 and have parental permission. Participation consists of

filling out one questionnaire for parents that should take a total of about 5

minutes and two questionnaires for children, which should take approximately 25

minutes. Upon completion of the surveys, participants will receive a $5 gift

card for Starbucks. Participation is anonymous; however, the gift card will be

sent via e-mail; therefore an e-mail address must be provided to receive the

gift card. My study has been reviewed by the Institutional Review Board at my

institution to ensure that I have

> > followed ethical protocols in designing and conducting my study. If you

are a parent and think your child would be interested, please go to the

following website, which will tell you more about the study. After you read

this information and sign the information letter, then your child may access the

site.

> >

> > https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqks

> >

>

Guest guest

I found the information on the Penn State study:

Hello! My name is Dengler, and I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Department

of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Penn State.

I hope that you can help me with some exciting research. I would like to learn

about the experience of being a sibling of an individual with autism spectrum

disorder (ASD). I understand that siblings have many different experiences, and

am interested in learning about how having a sibling with ASD currently impacts

your life.

I am inviting adolescent siblings of individuals with ASD to join an online

discussion group. I want to learn about the experiences of those siblings and

how being a sibling of an individual with ASD affects your life currently. I

would like to learn about the issues that siblings feel are unique and specific

to having a brother or sister with ASD. I plan to share what I learn with each

participant and other siblings of children with an ASD.

If you or your child is an adolescent sibling of a person with ASD, please

consider participating in this important study. If you have questions, please

e-mail me at LFD116@... or call me at . Parental consent is

required for individuals under the age of 18.

> > >

> > > What about adult children who have lived through it? You might get some

insight from them.

> > > Sincerely,

> > > A. Hamilton

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ________________________________

> > > From: amanda_medrano

> > > To: sList

> > > Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 6:36 PM

> > > Subject: Study on Siblings of Children with ASD

> > >

> > >

> > >  

> > > I'm studying the Resilience of Siblings of children with ASD and it's

relationship to social support. I'd love some help in reaching out to siblings

that might want to participate in this online survey. I'd greatly appreciate you

passing this information along, as this is an area that is greatly lacking in

research. See below for more info:

> > > https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqks

> > >

> > > My name is Medrano and I am a doctoral student at the California

School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University in San

Francisco. As part of my graduate program I am conducting research about

siblings of children with autism and social support. I'm hoping that someone in

your family will want to participate. To be eligible, siblings must be between

the ages of 9-11 and have parental permission. Participation consists of

filling out one questionnaire for parents that should take a total of about 5

minutes and two questionnaires for children, which should take approximately 25

minutes. Upon completion of the surveys, participants will receive a $5 gift

card for Starbucks. Participation is anonymous; however, the gift card will be

sent via e-mail; therefore an e-mail address must be provided to receive the

gift card. My study has been reviewed by the Institutional Review Board at my

institution to ensure that I have

> > > followed ethical protocols in designing and conducting my study. If you

are a parent and think your child would be interested, please go to the

following website, which will tell you more about the study. After you read

this information and sign the information letter, then your child may access the

site.

> > >

> > > https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3yOkfxOZ65tPqks

> > >

> >

>