RemedySpot.com

Re: School anxiety!!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does you son know how to tell time? You can buy him a watch and show him that when the clock turns to this, the bell will ring. This way he can be prepared and will expect it. Also try to get in touch with the teacher today and maybe she can warn him a minute before that the bell will go off. that may not work as well in case she forgets.

To: sList Sent: Mon, August 20, 2012 9:38:57 AMSubject: School anxiety!!!!!

My son starts 1rst grade tomorrow in a general EdClass so no supports set up. He is beyond anxiousOver the school bell. It's not the actual bell noiseBut the startle factor, as he never knows when To expect it. He gets himself into a panic thinkingAbout when it's going to happen and I'm Soo concernedFor him as this is a new school and I only briefly was able to Speak to his teacher about this. I knew this would be a problem as it started at theEnd of last year but I didn't know he was goingto be so anxiousAbout it the first night. I'm a wreck (I also haveAnxiety). Can someone help me through this?

teach him how to set a small kitchen timer to keep in his desk or pocket. the ticking sound can be relaxing and gives a rhythm. good luck! To: "sList " <sList > Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 3:21 PM Subject: Re: School anxiety!!!!!

I don't have any ideas, but wanted to tell you that your student should have support when needed, no matter what kind of classroom he's at. Does he have an IEP? If yes, he must have everything noted in it...Sent from a's iPhone

Does you son know how to tell time? You can buy him a watch and show him that when the clock turns to this, the bell will ring. This way he can be prepared and will expect it. Also try to get in touch with the teacher today and maybe she can warn him a minute before that the bell will go off. that may not work as well in case she forgets.

My son starts 1rst grade tomorrow in a general EdClass so no supports set up. He is beyond anxiousOver the school bell. It's not the actual bell noiseBut the startle factor, as he never knows when To expect it. He gets himself into a panic thinkingAbout when it's going to happen and I'm Soo concernedFor him as this is a new school and I only briefly was able to Speak to his teacher about this. I knew this would be a problem as it started at theEnd of last year but I didn't know he was goingto be so anxiousAbout it the first night. I'm a wreck (I also haveAnxiety). Can someone help me through this?

=

He does not have an iep. Timers unfortunately make him just as anxious as the

bell! He is a complete wreck right now. Does anyone have a child on the spectrum

who's main problem is OCD and anxiety?

Thanks for everyone's input.

Sent from my iPhone

If you are interested in any biomedical testing to see what his issues are and how to attenuate the anxiety and fear. Contact me www.pHtestlab.com Badillo9@...

He does not have an iep. Timers unfortunately make him just as anxious as the bell! He is a complete wreck right now. Does anyone have a child on the spectrum who's main problem is OCD and anxiety? Thanks for everyone's input.Sent from my iPhone

I went through this with 5 of my children. Try not to let your son see your anxiety. This will only make him worse. Try to stay calm and with a confident soft voice let him know he just has the fear of the unknown. After 3 days to a week, he should be much better. The watch is a good idea too. Let the teacher know about his anxiety and he or she will be glad to help in any way they can. Be sure to explain what the school bell means. Always be positive with him and laugh Before he leaves for school in the morning. Sent from my iPad

teach him how to set a small kitchen timer to keep in his desk or pocket. the ticking sound can be relaxing and gives a rhythm. good luck! To: "sList " <sList > Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 3:21 PM Subject: Re: School anxiety!!!!!

I don't have any ideas, but wanted to tell you that your student should have support when needed, no matter what kind of classroom he's at. Does he have an IEP? If yes, he must have everything noted in it...Sent from a's iPhone

=

I wonder if it would be possible to lower the volume of the bell in his classroom? It's not the answer but I know that my kid got startled a lot yesterday on his first day...maybe the lower volume would calm him a little? Sent from a's iPhone

He does not have an iep. Timers unfortunately make him just as anxious as the bell! He is a complete wreck right now. Does anyone have a child on the spectrum who's main problem is OCD and anxiety?

Thanks for everyone's input.

Sent from my iPhone

=