RemedySpot.com

RE: Sher-breathing problems

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi again-I also was recently having more breathing problems. Had a chest CT and

everything showed stable and the same since Dec 07. I still have more problems

so went for a echocardiogram. Lo and behold-pulmonary hypertension!!! Of course

these doctors here are very slow so now I have it more moderately then slight.

The pulmonologist wants to put me back on cytoxan and my Rheumatologist says

absolutely not! What the heck am I supposed to do.??? Truthfully I thought by

reading online they would treat the PH with cardiac meds but he believes to

treat the lung. Has anyone had similiar answers??? Diane

Yes, the same....I had exactly the same things happening except after the Right Heart Cath the lung pressure was markedly reduced from what the Echo had shown. My Pulmo had already ordered Treecler and a couple other meds (Revatio), don't remember the third one, but when the Heart Cath was so much lower (28)....I didn't need the meds. Thank goodness....I have slight PH also and do feel some of the effects.

So to answer your question, yes, my doctor was going to treat the lung with PH meds, not run of the mill cardiac meds one would take for elevated blood pressure ... My TLC, per PFT, is 22, thanks to PF.

Hope this helps....:)

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news more!

Yes, the same....I had exactly the same things happening except after the Right Heart Cath the lung pressure was markedly reduced from what the Echo had shown. My Pulmo had already ordered Treecler and a couple other meds (Revatio), don't remember the third one, but when the Heart Cath was so much lower (28)....I didn't need the meds. Thank goodness....I have slight PH also and do feel some of the effects.

So to answer your question, yes, my doctor was going to treat the lung with PH meds, not run of the mill cardiac meds one would take for elevated blood pressure ... My TLC, per PFT, is 22, thanks to PF.