Guest guest

Hi Ladies..

My son got his helmet the other day. We actually need to go back for

an adjustment.. the helmet keeps falling down on my son's face. So

far the experience has been ok (more for me than my son). He seems

rather unaffected by having to wear it all day. I, on the other hand

am having issues.

So here's my vent: I hate the fact that the helmet gets in the way of

me trying to kiss his face or when I hold him that it hits my head/face.

I'm trying to not to let these things bother me but it's so hard to

see my 8 month old in a helmet. I went to AC today and got

some stickers for it. My hubby is a NY Giants fan so I got some

football stickers to put on it. Being a intermediate scrapbooker,

(granted I am over a year overdue on my pages), I should've jumped at

the chance to buy stuff at my favorite craft store.. especially when

the hubby suggested it.. like that will happen again!! It was not as

fun as it should've been. I only spent $15.. that's cheap for me...

LOL!!!

I'm trying to have a positive outlook on this situation.. but it just

sucks!

Thanks for listening..

Michele

Anyone in Queens or Long Island, NY?

My daughter has been wearing her helmet almost 4 weeks now and I was upset for exactly the same reasons when she first got it. I hated the fact that I could hardly kiss her and almost every time I did, I got hit in the face with the helmet. I still don't like that much, but I think I compensated by kissing her belly, legs, feet, hands, etc more often now. I also got used to being hit in the face or head with it. My husband keeps saying that one of us will end up with a broke nose before she graduates from her helmet. Since my husband knows that I was rather upset about not being able to cuddle like we did before, I get to have her the hour she is not wearing it. I clean the helmet as soon as I take it off, give her a bath, and still have about 35 minutes left to cuddle and kiss her little head. That doesn't sound like much, but I sure enjoy it. In the beginning, I hated having to put it back on her after the hour was up, but that part has really gotten easier and

it's not a big deal anymore. We expect her treatment to only last 4 months and I hope that she won't have to wear it longer than that. Even thought I don't mind the helmet much anymore, I sure look forward to her not having to wear it. I know I don't have any good advice for you, but maybe just knowing that you're not the only one who feels like that, will help a little bit. Good luck! Michele Papierno <michpaps819@...> wrote: Hi Ladies..My son got his helmet the other

day. We actually need to go back for an adjustment.. the helmet keeps falling down on my son's face. So far the experience has been ok (more for me than my son). He seems rather unaffected by having to wear it all day. I, on the other hand am having issues.So here's my vent: I hate the fact that the helmet gets in the way of me trying to kiss his face or when I hold him that it hits my head/face.I'm trying to not to let these things bother me but it's so hard to see my 8 month old in a helmet. I went to AC today and got some stickers for it. My hubby is a NY Giants fan so I got some football stickers to put on it. Being a intermediate scrapbooker, (granted I am over a year overdue on my pages), I should've jumped at the chance to buy stuff at my favorite craft store.. especially when the hubby suggested it.. like that will happen again!! It was not as fun as it should've been. I only spent $15.. that's

cheap for me... LOL!!!I'm trying to have a positive outlook on this situation.. but it just sucks!Thanks for listening..MicheleAnyone in Queens or Long Island, NY?

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

HI Michell- your venting has fallen on good ears! Alot of us felt and feel the same way you do! My son Damian 6 1/2 months got his helmet right before Christmas and I was so upset about the same things you are struggling with now. Infact I didn't want to get him banded- but we tried everything and he is just so darned flat that I couldn't not do anything about it. Any how we had to go back about 4 times for adustments b/c he kept getting very tender red spots. I too hated that fact I could barely see his face let alone kiss his cheeks. During the 1st 2 weeks or so I was so upset b/c had had been rolling over and engaging with toys and he had suddenly stopped. So that was the bad period- but I am here to tell you it gets SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!! We have had the starband for about 4 weeks now- Damian has adjusted SO well! He's rolling over, has started sitting up and has adjusted just fine. He sleeps in it, plays and eats in it. I think that he just had to adjust to the

size and the added weight and it was most likely just throwing off his balance. But he's fine now! In fact we went for our first appointment since he got it and he's change 5 MM which is HUGE! I was amazed and not only do the measurements indicate change I can see it! His head really is rounding out! So stick with it- If I who was so opposed to this whole thing can do it- you can too and know that all us are in the same boat you are. My husband and I look forward to 6pm everynight when he has a bath and that last bottle b/c we get to take the helmet off and see all his hair!! And Damian is so cute - he grabs his head and smiles and laughs. So I promise after those first few weeks which really are the hardest- you all will adjust! Keep me posted! Hang in there! K. Somerville MA, mom of Damian 6 1/2 monthsMichele Papierno <michpaps819@...> wrote: Hi Ladies..My son got his helmet the other day. We actually need to go back for an adjustment.. the helmet keeps falling down on my son's face. So far the experience has been ok (more for me than my son). He seems rather unaffected by having to wear it all day. I, on the other hand am having issues.So here's my vent: I hate the fact that the helmet gets in the way of me trying to kiss his face or when I hold him that it hits my head/face.I'm trying to not to let these things bother me but it's so hard to see my 8 month old in a helmet. I went to AC today and got some stickers for it. My

hubby is a NY Giants fan so I got some football stickers to put on it. Being a intermediate scrapbooker, (granted I am over a year overdue on my pages), I should've jumped at the chance to buy stuff at my favorite craft store.. especially when the hubby suggested it.. like that will happen again!! It was not as fun as it should've been. I only spent $15.. that's cheap for me... LOL!!!I'm trying to have a positive outlook on this situation.. but it just sucks!Thanks for listening..MicheleAnyone in Queens or Long Island, NY?

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

hi- my name is candice and i live in freeport long island. just wanted to let you know that there have been a few of us who were very unhappy with anthony cappa from hanger. i am not sure if this is where you are going, but i just wanted to give you the heads up. several of us, ended up going to cranial technologies in nj after ending treatment with mr. cappa. i am sure you can see our previous posts if you search for it. let us know if you have any questions.Michele Papierno <michpaps819@...> wrote: Hi Ladies..My son got his helmet the other day. We actually need to go back for an adjustment.. the helmet keeps falling down on my son's face. So far the experience has been ok (more for me than my son). He seems rather unaffected by having to wear it all day. I, on the other hand am having issues.So here's my vent: I hate the fact that the helmet gets in the way of me trying to kiss his face or when I hold him that it hits my head/face.I'm trying to not to let these things bother me but it's so hard to see my 8 month old in a helmet. I went to AC today and got some stickers for it. My hubby is a NY Giants fan so I got some football stickers to put on it. Being a intermediate scrapbooker, (granted I am over a year overdue on my pages), I should've jumped at the chance to buy stuff at my favorite craft store.. especially when the hubby

suggested it.. like that will happen again!! It was not as fun as it should've been. I only spent $15.. that's cheap for me... LOL!!!I'm trying to have a positive outlook on this situation.. but it just sucks!Thanks for listening..MicheleAnyone in Queens or Long Island, NY?

Hey Michele! I could have written this post, in fact, I did write a post very similar to this about a week ago, I think I titled it something like, " I have to be honest, I HATE the helmet!".... obviously, I understand completely how you feel! It is such a hard adjustment.....and you are right , I think more so for the parents. My husband and I joke that when he graduates, we are going to stick a stake in it and light it on fire in our front yard, LOL. We know that it is the best decision, but it was definitely not as easy as we had heard it would be..... I do have some good news though, my son, , is doing better everyday (2 weeks in helmet now) he is sleeping through the night and seems to be adjusting a litlle more everyday. I miss the kisses and stroking his baby fine hair and all of that too, but i just try to take it day by day.... I know this is temporary and it will all be worth it in

the end! If you ever want to vent, please email me! Mc22@... Hang in there!! ~MelMichele Papierno <michpaps819@...> wrote: Hi Ladies..My son got his helmet the other day. We actually need to go back for an adjustment.. the helmet keeps falling down on my son's face. So far the experience has been ok (more for me than my son). He seems rather unaffected by having to wear it all day. I, on the other hand am

having issues.So here's my vent: I hate the fact that the helmet gets in the way of me trying to kiss his face or when I hold him that it hits my head/face.I'm trying to not to let these things bother me but it's so hard to see my 8 month old in a helmet. I went to AC today and got some stickers for it. My hubby is a NY Giants fan so I got some football stickers to put on it. Being a intermediate scrapbooker, (granted I am over a year overdue on my pages), I should've jumped at the chance to buy stuff at my favorite craft store.. especially when the hubby suggested it.. like that will happen again!! It was not as fun as it should've been. I only spent $15.. that's cheap for me... LOL!!!I'm trying to have a positive outlook on this situation.. but it just sucks!Thanks for listening..MicheleAnyone in Queens or Long Island, NY?"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family." ~ Brandt

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hey there -

I think most of us have those feelings at some point...I know I sure

have. My son has been in his helmet for just over 4 months, and we

have two to go. He banged into my nose so hard with his helmet

today that it made my eyes water and left a red mark hours later!!

And we all look forward to bathtime to get to rub that sweet little

fuzzy head. Last night, though, I went through ALL of our pictures

of him. Now that I know that signs of tort and plagio, looking back

it was so obvious that something was wrong then (he was fitted at 5

months). Fast forward 4 months and the difference is AMAZING!!! The

day to day is hard, but this long post is just to encourage you that

is will get better, and at least for us it is worth it...even with 2

more months!!! Hang in there -

Martha Ann

mom to - 9 mo old, tort/plagio, in RHS (local) helmet for 4

months and counting!! (...and getting rounder by the day!)

> Hi Ladies..

>

> My son got his helmet the other day. We actually need to go back

for

> an adjustment.. the helmet keeps falling down on my son's face. So

> far the experience has been ok (more for me than my son). He seems

> rather unaffected by having to wear it all day. I, on the other

hand

> am having issues.

>

> So here's my vent: I hate the fact that the helmet gets in the way

of

> me trying to kiss his face or when I hold him that it hits my

head/face.

>

> I'm trying to not to let these things bother me but it's so hard

to

> see my 8 month old in a helmet. I went to AC today and got

> some stickers for it. My hubby is a NY Giants fan so I got some

> football stickers to put on it. Being a intermediate scrapbooker,

> (granted I am over a year overdue on my pages), I should've jumped

at

> the chance to buy stuff at my favorite craft store.. especially

when

> the hubby suggested it.. like that will happen again!! It was not

as

> fun as it should've been. I only spent $15.. that's cheap for

me...

> LOL!!!

>

> I'm trying to have a positive outlook on this situation.. but it

just

> sucks!

>

> Thanks for listening..

> Michele

>

> Anyone in Queens or Long Island, NY?

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

>

Hi feel your frustration exactly. Alayna just got hers and it is tough kissing her and holding her. I'm even having a hard time finding the right position to feed her a bottle without it pushing on her ears wierd. That's all I need next...crocked ears. We are headed for a possible adjustment tomorrow. It's rubbing the sides of her head and they stay red after removing it for an hour. Good luck and it is quite all right to vent! We all need to! Angie = mom to Alayna (banded for 3 days now and wishing it was 3 months)Michele Papierno <michpaps819@...> wrote: Hi Ladies..My son got his helmet the other day. We actually need to go back for an adjustment.. the helmet keeps falling down on my son's face. So far the experience has been ok (more for me than my son). He seems rather unaffected by having to wear it all day. I, on the other hand am having issues.So here's my vent: I hate the fact that the helmet gets in the way of me trying to kiss his face or when I hold him that it hits my head/face.I'm trying to not to let these things bother me but it's so hard to see my 8 month old in a helmet. I went to AC today and got some stickers for it. My hubby is a NY Giants fan so I got some football stickers to put on it. Being a intermediate scrapbooker, (granted I am over a year overdue on my pages), I should've jumped at the chance to buy stuff at my favorite craft store.. especially when the hubby

suggested it.. like that will happen again!! It was not as fun as it should've been. I only spent $15.. that's cheap for me... LOL!!!I'm trying to have a positive outlook on this situation.. but it just sucks!Thanks for listening..MicheleAnyone in Queens or Long Island, NY?