RemedySpot.com

Unicorn Village Academy: Overcoming Academic, Career and Social Barriers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi and fellow list members:

Unicorn Village Academy a unique High School for youth with Neurodiversity and Hidden Abilities will be opening its doors for the 2013 school year. A long time dream of the Unicorn Children's Foundation, this private not-for-profit school will serve 14-22 year olds, in addition to a special program serving young adults through their mid twenties.

Small class size, self-advocacy and self-determination training, career preparation, social pragmatics, and self-directed Individualized Achievement Plans will enable students to live, work, and enjoy life in communities, and with individuals, of their own choosing. Please consider the attached flyer, and view our website at www.UnicornVillageAcademy.com There you will find the school application, our brochure, and other useful information. Visit our website and watch us grow!

Our goal is to provide another option for Broward and Palm Beach students whose needs cannot be met by other available programs. Our program is high tech, allows for choice, and involves family and friends. Our Board and Staff will also include members of the Neurodiversity community as well. Both standard and special diploma options will be available.

Lastly, I am honored to serve as UVA's Headmaster. Many of you have known me through my work with UM/NOVA and FAU CARD, Broward CSE, and as the founding executive director of Florida's first Charter H.S. for youth with autism/Asperger. I look forward to working with many of you again. Sincerely, Dr. Herm Fishbein

1 of 1 Photo(s)