RemedySpot.com

Re: visual disturbances

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are you going to a BEHAVIORIAL OPTOMETRIST? - that's what you need..Insurances do cover that if you have a PPO plan. In Boca we have a good B.O. - Dr. Rick - 561 451-0524 He does Vision Therapy as well.

Hello List mates,

Any suggestions would be appreciated-

My son has autism he’s 18-he is a full time job and I don’t have anything left in me at the end of the day….

But wait there’s more

My daughter is 17-never formally diagnosed – she’s had 4 surgeries for hips & back issues-she’s had epilepsy since 1 year (seems like that’s over-but who knows) she’s had LD issues that have never been figured out-she’s been seen by many diagnosed by none.

Her latest problem is visual disturbances-over the past 2 years they have come and gone-we weined her off her seizure meds b/c after 1 year of extensive testing that was the conclusion-but we are now being told

Vision therapy

Good rec DR- $400

Nova $50

We are told to do a Nero psy eval-we call the recommended Dr who told us we are out of network it will coast 2, 800.

We are still paying off her medical bills from her hospital stay in May!-

Can anyone please tell me where I can get a valid test done without going bankrupt?

Does anyone have experience getting tested for vision therapy –

Her vision problem is that objects are moving from side to side out of the right eye-sometimes both eyes occasionally both seems to happen more when she is upset

Thanks for reading thi s long email!

Jeanette

I wasn’t aware of the difference-this is new  infoWe always thought the visual disturbance was due to medication-now that she’s off-we are now being told about vision therapy Can anyone dumb it down for me? From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of badillo9@...Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 9:46 AMTo: sList Subject: Re: visual disturbances Are you going to a BEHAVIORIAL OPTOMETRIST? - that's what you need..Insurances do cover that if you have a PPO plan. In Boca we have a good B.O. - Dr. Rick - 561 451-0524 He does Vision Therapy as well. Hello List mates,Any suggestions would be appreciated-My son has autism he’s 18-he is a full time job and I don’t have anything left in me at the end of the day….But wait there’s moreMy daughter is 17-never formally diagnosed – she’s had 4 surgeries for hips & back issues-she’s had epilepsy since 1 year (seems like that’s over-but who knows) she’s had LD issues that have never been figured out-she’s been seen by many diagnosed by none.Her latest problem is visual disturbances-over the past 2 years they have come and gone-we weined her off her seizure meds b/c after 1 year of extensive testing that was the conclusion-but we are now being toldVision therapyGood rec DR- $400Nova $50We are told to do a Nero psy eval-we call the recommended Dr who told us we are out of network it will coast 2, 800.We are still paying off her medical bills from her hospital stay in May!- Can anyone please tell me where I can get a valid test done without going bankrupt? Does anyone have experience getting tested for vision therapy – Her vision problem is that objects are moving from side to side out of the right eye-sometimes both eyes occasionally both seems to happen more when she is upsetThanks for reading thi s long email!Jeanette

Hi Jeanette,

As far as how Vision Therapy can help, it really varies based on the outcome of the exam. In my son’s case, he has a problem with convergence, and so he wears yoked prism glasses a few hours each day to train his eyes. We are already seeing improvements and are hoping that the issue will be corrected within the next year.

I have taken my son to see two Developmental Optomotrists in Broward including:

A. “Stacey†Coulter, OD, FAAO at Nova Southeastern University

Dr. Harvey Mazer in Weston

I have heard repeatedly that I should take him to see Dr. ine Buck in Miami, she has a great reputation.

What I have found is that some of these doctors have two different charges. A portion of the charge can be billed to your regular Eye Care insurance as an annual eye exam. And then they have an additional charge for the Developmental Evaluation. However, it really depends on your insurance. If I had to do it over again, I would have gone to Dr. Buck first. However, you may want to check with each of the 3 providers to see if any of them will take your insurance.

To: sList Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 11:20 AMSubject: RE: visual disturbances

I wasn’t aware of the difference-this is new info

We always thought the visual disturbance was due to medication-now that she’s off-we are now being told about vision therapy

Can anyone dumb it down for me?

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of badillo9@...Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 9:46 AMTo: sList Subject: Re: visual disturbances

Are you going to a BEHAVIORIAL OPTOMETRIST? - that's what you need..Insurances do cover that if you have a PPO plan. In Boca we have a good B.O. - Dr. Rick - 561 451-0524 He does Vision Therapy as well.

Hello List mates,

Any suggestions would be appreciated-

My son has autism he’s 18-he is a full time job and I don’t have anything left in me at the end of the day….

But wait there’s more

My daughter is 17-never formally diagnosed – she’s had 4 surgeries for hips & back issues-she’s had epilepsy since 1 year (seems like that’s over-but who knows) she’s had LD issues that have never been figured out-she’s been seen by many diagnosed by none.

Her latest problem is visual disturbances-over the past 2 years they have come and gone-we weined her off her seizure meds b/c after 1 year of extensive testing that was the conclusion-but we are now being told

Vision therapy

Good rec DR- $400

Nova $50

We are told to do a Nero psy eval-we call the recommended Dr who told us we are out of network it will coast 2, 800.

We are still paying off her medical bills from her hospital stay in May!-

Can anyone please tell me where I can get a valid test done without going bankrupt?

Does anyone have experience getting tested for vision therapy –

Her vision problem is that objects are moving from side to side out of the right eye-sometimes both eyes occasionally both seems to happen more when she is upset

Thanks for reading thi s long email!

Jeanette

One of these groups may be able to assist you, as they do low cost and free

vision care. Some of them do specialized vision care and surgery.

http://www.flvq.org/

http://www.lionsofflorida.org/stateoffice.html

Nan Knox Unit

Jill Arbogast

jarbogast@... 832 NW 2nd Street

Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33311

Broward Community Family Health Center Damary ez

dmartinez@... 5010 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 100-B

Hollywood, FL 33021

Regards,

Glenda

>

> Hello List mates,

>

> Any suggestions would be appreciated-

>

> My son has autism he's 18-he is a full time job and I don't have anything

> left in me at the end of the day..

>

> But wait there's more

>

>

>

> My daughter is 17-never formally diagnosed - she's had 4 surgeries for hips

> & back issues-she's had epilepsy since 1 year (seems like that's over-but

> who knows) she's had LD issues that have never been figured out-she's been

> seen by many diagnosed by none.

>

> Her latest problem is visual disturbances-over the past 2 years they have

> come and gone-we weined her off her seizure meds b/c after 1 year of

> extensive testing that was the conclusion-but we are now being told

>

> Vision therapy

>

> Good rec DR- $400

>

> Nova $50

>

>

>

> We are told to do a Nero psy eval-we call the recommended Dr who told us we

> are out of network it will coast 2, 800.

>

>

>

> We are still paying off her medical bills from her hospital stay in May!-

>

>

>

> Can anyone please tell me where I can get a valid test done without going

> bankrupt?

>

> Does anyone have experience getting tested for vision therapy -

>