Hi there,

My son Nicolas, almost 7 months, got his Starband on Christmas Eve and

has adjusted to it without any problems so far (no problems with still

sleeping through the night!) My question is in regards to bathing:

is it necessary to give them a bath every day? Nicolas has always

been a cold baby (we have to layer him a lot) and he does not sweat at

all with the band on. I have heard that the band can get smelly over

time so we clean it every day with rubbing alcohol so far. I have

been washing his hair too at the same time as the band is drying out.

Is it necessary to wash his hair every day if he is not sweaty in it?

He does not like having his hair washed for some reason and puts up a

big fight.

I guess if there is no smell then I would say no. The only reason we washed everyday was the smell.

Jen and Luli - 24 months

Left tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CA

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/

Bathing question

Hi there,

My son Nicolas, almost 7 months, got his Starband on Christmas Eve and

has adjusted to it without any problems so far (no problems with still

sleeping through the night!) My question is in regards to bathing:

is it necessary to give them a bath every day? Nicolas has always

been a cold baby (we have to layer him a lot) and he does not sweat at

all with the band on. I have heard that the band can get smelly over

time so we clean it every day with rubbing alcohol so far. I have

been washing his hair too at the same time as the band is drying out.

Is it necessary to wash his hair every day if he is not sweaty in it?

He does not like having his hair washed for some reason and puts up a

big fight.

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

Hello , I would wash his hair each day. My son never sweat in the band but the band itself would smell when I took it off. I have bathed my son each day since wearing the helmet, just a quick rinse. I would try to wash the hair with a mild soap. I use California Baby Super Sensitive. I also have a special cup that is sold at Buy Buy baby that is rubberized in the front and the rubber part goes on your sons forehead and then you just tip it backwards preventing any water from getting on his face. Perhaps he would be more willing to do the hair washings with this bathtup cup. It is wonderful and really revolutionized our bathing experiences. I think it was 4 dollars. Try to find it, may be a godsend to you too. I just worriend about my sons head getting too dirty and smelly to not wash each day. We also find that he is a cold baby. He was in feety pjs every

night (fleece) never sweat once. Good luck. Tammy (mom to Graduated New Years Eve) Mills <jvictorine@...> wrote: Hi there,My son Nicolas, almost 7 months, got his Starband on Christmas Eve andhas adjusted to it without any problems so far (no problems with stillsleeping through the night!) My question is in regards to bathing: is it necessary to give them a bath every day? Nicolas has alwaysbeen a cold baby (we have to layer him a lot) and he does not sweat atall with the band

on. I have heard that the band can get smelly overtime so we clean it every day with rubbing alcohol so far. I havebeen washing his hair too at the same time as the band is drying out.Is it necessary to wash his hair every day if he is not sweaty in it?He does not like having his hair washed for some reason and puts up abig fight.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

you can get that bathtub cup thingy at walmart or target. if that helps

Re: Bathing question

Hello , I would wash his hair each day. My son never sweat in the band but the band itself would smell when I took it off. I have bathed my son each day since wearing the helmet, just a quick rinse. I would try to wash the hair with a mild soap. I use California Baby Super Sensitive. I also have a special cup that is sold at Buy Buy baby that is rubberized in the front and the rubber part goes on your sons forehead and then you just tip it backwards preventing any water from getting on his face. Perhaps he would be more willing to do the hair washings with this bathtup cup. It is wonderful and really revolutionized our bathing experiences. I think it was 4 dollars. Try to find it, may be a godsend to you too. I just worriend about my sons head getting too dirty and smelly to not wash each day.

We also find that he is a cold baby. He was in feety pjs every night (fleece) never sweat once. Good luck.

Tammy (mom to Graduated New Years Eve) Mills <jvictorine (DOT) com> wrote:

Hi there,My son Nicolas, almost 7 months, got his Starband on Christmas Eve andhas adjusted to it without any problems so far (no problems with stillsleeping through the night!) My question is in regards to bathing: is it necessary to give them a bath every day? Nicolas has alwaysbeen a cold baby (we have to layer him a lot) and he does not sweat atall with the band on. I have heard that the band can get smelly overtime so we clean it every day with rubbing alcohol so far. I havebeen washing his hair too at the same time as the band is drying out.Is it necessary to wash his hair every day if he is not sweaty in it?He does not like having his hair washed for some reason and puts up abig fight.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.