RemedySpot.com

shadow available

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What areas are you willing to travel to work in? KathySent from my iPhone

HI Listmates: I am looking for an immediate shadowing job starting in January. I love working with pre-schoolers but can also work with older children in a private school or home school situation. I come with wonderful references and backround checked, CPR, safety class, and 20 years of experience with all kinds exceptionalites.

My name is Alisa and I have my degree in Social Work and my masters degree in special ed. I have recently relocated to Florida and am looking for part time and/or full time work. Please feel free to call me at 561- 400-6838. My email address is alisaber@.... I look forward to hearing from you.Alisa

I wanted to reiterate that using medication was done after other interventions. My husband and I felt our daughter was suffering by being unable to give attention to anything- she wandered and became increasingly upset, unable to do things she used to enjoy. The decision to try medication was a difficult one (and I support parents who choose to use medication or not).

Our daughter, after the first dose, smiled, seemed more interactive, was able to do things she had never done before (read a whole book! have a conversation! sit and think then tell me what she was thinking about! planning an activity!) I think medication gave her a bridge to develop skills that she hadn't through supplements, therapies, and dietary restrictions. She has kept these skills now that she off the medication. Her interactions with other children are more typical than a year ago- whether this is from maturity or other factors, I don't know. But I am glad we tried medication when we did. Her fogginess and distraction disappeared and she was happier.

I had posted because the problems started to mount a few months after medication and I wondered if others thought, or had the experience, of their psychiatrist giving a child a medication vacation to see how the child was. I wish we had done it sooner. My daughter only ever received 25% of the recommended daily dose because she was functioning so much better.