RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: PF demographics Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

now days when i am on antibiotics, i do worry about building up a resistance to them

right now i'm not sure if i have a cold or if it is the pf, my kids from florida came with runny noses, coughing, the works, -- no fevers

i have been waking up with a scratchy throat, that goes away when i am up and about

I have been hanging around the house a lot and taking naps

as long as there is no fever and no mucus, i don't have to worry--it's probably just a virus that antibiotics won't work on anyway

I bought lots of canned chicken soup yesterday and drink plenty of fluids

hope everyone with cold symptoms feels better real soonPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Interesting discussion.. . For what it's worth...is it possible that the demographics of our "online" community reflect the fact that because there are so few of us with PF, it is more likely that those of us from more rural areas would need to turn to "online" support groups, whereas those in more urban areas would find the necessary numbers to be able to have a succesful "in-person" support group? I personally, have to travel 120 miles to participate in an "in-person" group. I am able to do so because it is the area that I used to live in, and I have friends and family there, and also because the group meets only once a month. The group is sponsored by the Lung Transplant Program at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. I am generally able to schedule my appointments there on the same day as group, which is a big help. By the way, the group is more than 50% male

patients.Steve aka...Knip Dx 9/07 confirmed via VATS 12/0756 New Hampshire To everyone...It seems based on the> on-line participants of Breathe-support that PF:> > 1. may effect more women than men> > 2. may effect more people from European ancestry> > Or..is it that ladies just like to talk more? and those ladies happen> to be sort of "blond"> > I find it interesting that we have very few men who post...hey you may> be lurking..but we don't know you.> > Also, so many of us in pictures have the same coloring be it "natural> " or not.> > Just wondering ...it's probably a "blond" sort of question too! I'm> one of them after-all.> > --> > Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And "mild" PH/10/07 and> Reynaud's too!! No, NSIP was not self-inflicted… I never

smoked!> > Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara> "I'm gonna be iron like a lion in Zion" Bob Marley> > Vinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower> > <!--[if !supportEmptyParas] --> <!--[endif]- ->> > <!--[if !supportEmptyParas] --> <!--[endif]- ->> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Barbara McD> > IPF, Sept 08> > Beautiful Western NC> >> >> >> > Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will> reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9> >>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.11/1820 - Release Date: 11/29/2008 6:52 PM

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1822 - Release Date: 12/1/2008 8:23 AM