RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: A Rant on Prednisone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

thank you for your input and info, I was on 60mg a day, save my life?

I dont want to live like this, I want maybe the few years I have left-

to simply be pain free, prednisone just doesn't do that for me. I stated

my decsion openly and loudly, I did not want the prednisone treatment,

give me a breathing treatment, a pain reliever and order bed rest simple.

"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: brucemoreland@...Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 20:28:04 +0000Subject: Re: A Rant on Prednisone

You can prepare a directive to physicians. I don't know your state andthe exact forms. You can also insist on knowing any medication beforeit's given to you. Last time I was in ER, the doctor was a bit surprisedby my questions regarding the prescriptions she wrote, but I wanted toknow exactly what they were prescribing and why.I'm still confused though as it doesn't sound like they did anythingmore than a very short prednisone prescription. There are certainly somethings I would want prednisone for. For me there are no absolutes butits always risk versus reward.I recall 1969 or so my mother developed severe peritonitis after asurgery. It took opening her back up to find it. They had to give herextremely high dosages of cortisone. She had severe hallucinations whilein ICU for days. Now, the hallucinations were side effects of thecortisone. So would I say the cortisone was wrong? Absolutely not. Itwas for saving her life right then, a life in serious peril. So ahorrible drug regimen but appropriate in that time and place.I don't use prednisone. Don't want to. However, if I have inflammationthat needs it for a short time, I'll do it. If my diagnosis were tochange materially, I'd reconsider.> > >> > > Hi its been awhile since Ive posted. F w/PF, hepC, I> > > was at the clinic I have gone to for the last 5 years,> > > my oxy level was 79,911 was called, in the emergency room> > > I stated I did not want Prednisone, a breathing treatment sent> home> > > with a script for pain killers and bed rest would have done me> just> > > fine, BUT no they insisted I do a 2 day stay and only until the> gave> > me> > > a script for 20 and 5 mg tabs of prednisone to "wing my body off> of> > it"> > > did i realize they went againest my will.> > > I have no insurance I have no monies now I have to deal with the> > > side effects of prednisone its not right. Do I have to add this to> > > my DNR? Health Directive? how do you make it plain and simple you> > > do not want thaT COUrse of treatment? I got great care at Mercy> > > Hospital in San Diego, EXCEPT for the administered prednisone.> > >> >> Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailĀ® account.