Re: Thanks for your answers...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

n

No....Talk to the manager of the local oxygen office. Ask for help but

he has flexibility the tech doesn't. The tech just recites what he

believes or has been told or what he's use to seeing. He isn't use to

seeing PF patients as a starting point. Explain your situation and needs

and let the manager assist you in the best solution.

>

>

> I'm going to be talking to the oxygen tech and seeing if I can get

> things straightened out a bit. Thanks so much for all the time

> several of you took to answer my questions!

>

> n

>

n

when i had a problem with the oxygen, i contacted the pulmonary doc via email. the nurse called me and then she called the o2 supplier, called me back and told me to call the manager at the o2 supplier. after a long discussion, we came up with a plan. I was going to switch from liquid to compressed air. the next day, the delivery man came with a Marathon for me to try. It worked well and that is what I have been using as my portable.

in the house, i have a concentrator.

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Subject: Thanks for your answers...To: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 8:29 PM

I'm going to be talking to the oxygen tech and seeing if I can getthings straightened out a bit. Thanks so much for all the timeseveral of you took to answer my questions!n

Joyce/n

One other thing. If you figure out what you want and need and the oxygen

supplier balks at it, have your doctor write a very specific

prescription per your instructions. Tell him exactly what to write. But

generally working with the manager should get it done or, if not, a

manager of another supplier.

>

> From: marionhgriffin marionhgriffin@...

> Subject: Thanks for your answers...

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 8:29 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I'm going to be talking to the oxygen tech and seeing if I can get

> things straightened out a bit. Thanks so much for all the time

> several of you took to answer my questions!

>

> n

>

n ... let me share an experience I had with a ~tech-driver~......naturally, being new to O2 I presumed (no, I guess I ASSUMED) he knew something about equip, o2 questions and so on. Well it turns out the techs don't know what we expect them to know and often don't know correct answers.

Anyway, he gave me wrong info and he ended up getting fired over it.

If you have any problems or concerns, call the RT or manager, like Bruce says.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

nNo....Talk to the manager of the local oxygen office. Ask for help buthe has flexibility the tech doesn't. The tech just recites what hebelieves or has been told or what he's use to seeing. He isn't use toseeing PF patients as a starting point. Explain your situation and needsand let the manager assist you in the best solution.>>> I'm going to be talking to the oxygen tech and seeing if I can get> things straightened out a bit. Thanks so much for all the time> several of you took to answer my questions!>> n>

n ... let me share an experience I had with a ~tech-driver~......naturally, being new to O2 I presumed (no, I guess I ASSUMED) he knew something about equip, o2 questions and so on. Well it turns out the techs don't know what we expect them to know and often don't know correct answers.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

nNo....Talk to the manager of the local oxygen office. Ask for help buthe has flexibility the tech doesn't. The tech just recites what hebelieves or has been told or what he's use to seeing. He isn't use toseeing PF patients as a starting point. Explain your situation and needsand let the manager assist you in the best solution.>>> I'm going to be talking to the oxygen tech and seeing if I can get> things straightened out a bit. Thanks so much for all the time> several of you took to answer my questions!>> n>