RemedySpot.com

Re: Update on Kerry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Leanne, I am in total amazement at what a mighty God we have. This surgery for Kerry and all the others is so marvelous. BREATHING deep.. Oh my. God Bless her--again.  How is dealing with this ? Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

leanne

this is wonder ful news

i keep telling jerry and my kids about it

gives us something to look forward to

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Subject: Update on KerryTo: "Support" <breathe-support >Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 5:46 PM

Hi everyone,

I just received this update from :

Kerry had another good day today. She is now off the oxygen mask, but still has the nose hose with 3 – 4 liters with plans to take it off later today or tomorrow. She had her first session of physical therapy today, and she impressed them greatly. After each exercise, the PT staff would comment you are very strong, WOW! They started with light toe flexing and progressed to lifting her legs and bending them with resistance to put them back down. Each time the PT staff was impressed with the strength. They made the comment she has some strong legs and core. At which point, we had to tell she has played ice hockey for 17 years plus works out religiously when

possible. They said it should make her physical recovery much, much easier. Still not a walk in the park by no means, but her pre-hab and life style are a plus. Just another reason to try to stay in the best shape you can. To top it off today, she sit up in bed holding herself upright taken deep long breaths. Even better, she stood up with some help and was able to stand straight by herself taken two side steps by the bed. During the physical therapy, she maintained O2 saturation of 96 – 99, with 15 – 22 breaths per minute. Heart rate stayed under 110 with excellent blood pressure.

After the physical therapy, Kerry had her bronchoscope and is resting now. We hope to learn how things look internally later today as well as get her something to eat. If no setbacks we should move to a normal room later tomorrow. Physical therapy will be twice a day starting tomorrow with breathing exercises throughout the day. Hopefully, the next update will be me dictating what Kerry would like to say. Thanks again for the continued prayers and support.

This is truly amazing. As an aside, this past week I heard from two other families from my face to face support group who also received lung transplants. They each had a single. I've had six people from my support group have transplants this year and my group is not that large!. I'm in absolute awe. God is SOOOO good. Leanne

Thanks for another update on Kerry. Wow. What a gal!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Update on Kerry

Hi everyone,

I just received this update from :

Kerry had another good day today. She is now off the oxygen mask, but still has the nose hose with 3 – 4 liters with plans to take it off later today or tomorrow. She had her first session of physical therapy today, and she impressed them greatly. After each exercise, the PT staff would comment you are very strong, WOW! They started with light toe flexing and progressed to lifting her legs and bending them with resistance to put them back down. Each time the PT staff was impressed with the strength. They made the comment she has some strong legs and core. At which point, we had to tell she has played ice hockey for 17 years plus works out religiously when possible. They said it should make her physical recovery much, much easier. Still not a walk in the park by no means, but her pre-hab and life style are a plus. Just another reason to try to stay in the best shape you can. To top it off today, she sit up in bed holding herself upright taken deep long breaths. Even better, she stood up with some help and was able to stand straight by herself taken two side steps by the bed. During the physical therapy, she maintained O2 saturation of 96 – 99, with 15 – 22 breaths per minute. Heart rate stayed under 110 with excellent blood pressure.

After the physical therapy, Kerry had her bronchoscope and is resting now. We hope to learn how things look internally later today as well as get her something to eat. If no setbacks we should move to a normal room later tomorrow. Physical therapy will be twice a day starting tomorrow with breathing exercises throughout the day. Hopefully, the next update will be me dictating what Kerry would like to say. Thanks again for the continued prayers and support.

This is truly amazing. As an aside, this past week I heard from two other families from my face to face support group who also received lung transplants. They each had a single. I've had six people from my support group have transplants this year and my group is not that large!. I'm in absolute awe. God is SOOOO good. Leanne

I always knew Kerry was special - and now even more so! What

incredible, wonderful news for her and her family. This could not be

a better holiday for them!!!

Joanie loves Bud, IPF 2006, PH 2007

-- In Breathe-Support , Leanne Storch

wrote:

>

> Hi everyone,

> I just received this update from :

>  

> Kerry had another good day today.  She is now off the oxygen mask,

but still has the nose hose with 3 – 4 liters with plans to take it

off later today or tomorrow.  She had her first session of physical

therapy today, and she impressed them greatly.  After each exercise,

the PT staff would comment you are very strong, WOW!  They started

with light toe flexing and progressed to lifting her legs and bending

them with resistance to put them back down.  Each time the PT staff

was impressed with the strength.  They made the comment she has some

strong legs and core.  At which point, we had to tell she has played

ice hockey for 17 years plus works out religiously when possible. 

They said it should make her physical recovery much, much easier. 

Still not a walk in the park by no means, but her pre-hab and life

style are a plus.  Just another reason to try to stay in the best

shape you can.  To top it off today, she sit up in bed holding herself

> upright taken deep long breaths.  Even better, she stood up with

some help and was able to stand straight by herself taken two side

steps by the bed.  During the physical therapy, she maintained O2

saturation of 96 – 99, with 15 – 22 breaths per minute.  Heart rate

stayed under 110 with excellent blood pressure. 

>  

> After the physical therapy, Kerry had her bronchoscope and is

resting now.  We hope to learn how things look internally later today

as well as get her something to eat.  If no setbacks we should move

to a normal room later tomorrow.  Physical therapy will be twice a

day starting tomorrow with breathing exercises throughout the day. 

Hopefully, the next update will be me dictating what Kerry would like

to say.  Thanks again for the continued prayers and support.

>  

> This is truly amazing.

>  

>  

>  

> As an aside, this past week I heard from two other families from my

face to face support group who also received lung transplants.  They

each had a single.  I've had six people from my support group have

transplants this year and my group is not that large!. I'm in

absolute awe.  God is SOOOO good.

>  

> Leanne