RemedySpot.com

Doctors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This really hit a cord with me too Sheryn:) Good post!! We have to always remember, WE ARE HIRING THEM! We have been raised with the opinion that the Drs know best. So we put up with practices that are heinous:( We dont deserve that. We need to never put up with that. Hard to crawl out from under that conditioned "patient" behavior, hard not to be the good/passive one we were taught. I think tho, to askkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk WHY?? and everyother Q under the sun and getting involved it a good thing. If your Dr doesnt like it, fire him:) If your maid wasnt cleaning your house right you wouldnt put up with it. This is a bit more important then your house:( ~~ Lowi who is not a patient patient:)

Subject: Re: Doctors

Lois, I really don't think its seen as ranting & raving in any way, your sharing alot of valuable info with us and we are receiving a message and fresh warning.

Hugs Lois,

Sheryn

Thanks Sheryn,

I need all of you also ... Thanks for being there and for listening to me rant & Rave... HUGS Lois

Doctors

Dear Crew,

I beg you to be very selective with your Dr's especially the Neurosurgeons... I know I said I Know That is where Mike and I made our mistake and lost his life was in not being careful getting A Dr. that REALLY cared and give a shit about the person not the NF & The tumor for science... I'm so sorry to say these things ... I know some of you have Drs out there that are good .. But if you are starting out Like Mike and I and find ONE just one with an attitude get rid of HIM IMMEDIATELY... I really believe if it were not for Dr. Moosey's neglect in pre- op Mike would be alive today ...Sorry to ruffle feathers but in Lou of things I'm hearing about how some doctors are acting ... It just takes me back to the poor and superior. The oh well attitude he had

The Dr walked into Mikes ICU room looked at him with aspiration Phenomena and said I expected as much ... Mike could still get a breath then & said well why the hell did you not tell me you expected this ... he just smiled walked away 13 days later Mike was gone ...

He( Dr Moosey )will stand before God some day ... look for a Dr that cares about A person ... Lois

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.394 / Virus Database: 224 - Release Date: 10/3/02

thanks Sheryn...

Doctors

Dear Crew,

I beg you to be very selective with your Dr's especially the Neurosurgeons... I know I said I Know That is where Mike and I made our mistake and lost his life was in not being careful getting A Dr. that REALLY cared and give a shit about the person not the NF & The tumor for science... I'm so sorry to say these things ... I know some of you have Drs out there that are good .. But if you are starting out Like Mike and I and find ONE just one with an attitude get rid of HIM IMMEDIATELY... I really believe if it were not for Dr. Moosey's neglect in pre- op Mike would be alive today ...Sorry to ruffle feathers but in Lou of things I'm hearing about how some doctors are acting ... It just takes me back to the poor and superior. The oh well attitude he had

The Dr walked into Mikes ICU room looked at him with aspiration Phenomena and said I expected as much ... Mike could still get a breath then & said well why the hell did you not tell me you expected this ... he just smiled walked away 13 days later Mike was gone ...

He( Dr Moosey )will stand before God some day ... look for a Dr that cares about A person ... Lois

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.394 / Virus Database: 224 - Release Date: 10/3/02

The right to a second opinon and a third is left up to the patient. That choice is yours and yours only. Where the treatment is also YOUR choice. If you choose to ignore the warning signs and neglect to do something else(as partaining to quacks) that choice is also yours.YOUR life depends on your choice. Unless you have given up your rights by the way of POW it is all up to you.

BEANS

Doctors

Lori, what you've said is so very true, we are conditioned to certain patient behavior sadly, and no, we would not let a housekeeper or anyone else offering service for pay treat us in such a manner...not even the vet with our pet.I hope we all gain the strength to change the patient/doctor attitude to a more balanced level of importance, theirs and ours.

Hugs Lori :-) ,

Sheryn

This really hit a cord with me too Sheryn:) Good post!! We have to always remember, WE ARE HIRING THEM! We have been raised with the opinion that the Drs know best. So we put up with practices that are heinous:( We dont deserve that. We need to never put up with that. Hard to crawl out from under that conditioned "patient" behavior, hard not to be the good/passive one we were taught. I think tho, to askkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk WHY?? and everyother Q under the sun and getting involved it a good thing. If your Dr doesnt like it, fire him:) If your maid wasnt cleaning your house right you wouldnt put up with it. This is a bit more important then your house:( ~~ Lowi who is not a patient patient:)

I or we drive at least 500 miles each way. I n the past 15 yrs there have been at least 15 trips,. We have borrowed the money, gifts from friends, our church has made special offerings,from people we don't even know. I t all adds up to others caring that you get the best treatment. That is right the NF disease can strike anyone we didn't ask for it and now we need help. Tell others your needs don't try to hide it and get the best help you can find.

BEANS

Doctors

Lori, what you've said is so very true, we are conditioned to certain patient behavior sadly, and no, we would not let a housekeeper or anyone else offering service for pay treat us in such a manner...not even the vet with our pet.I hope we all gain the strength to change the patient/doctor attitude to a more balanced level of importance, theirs and ours.

Sheryn

I AGREE 100 PERCENT BEANS

IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR FRIENDS, FAMILY ,OUR CHURCH AND A SPECIAL FUND RAISER WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GO TO LA FOR THE LAST AN AND THE ABI

THE SAME IS TRUE OF MY 3 DAUGHTERS WHO EACH HAD 2 AN'S REMOVED IN 2000

I REMEMBER MY PASTOR'S WORDS.... "PEOPLE WANT TO HELP LET THEM"

HUGS TO EACH OF YOU ON THE CREW

CATHERINE

Doctors

Sheryn

• 2 years later...

Thank you. Good beginning. Promissing start :-)

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------

Reply-To: diabetes_int

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:01:04 -0700

>Interview questions:

>

>1 - What do you consider tight control?

>2 - Are you willing to consider treatment, including diet, that does not

>follow ADA protocols?

>3 - What tests do you recommend for a diabetic? This would include eye

>exams by an opthamologist, exams by a podiatrist, a visit with a CDE who

>does not espouse the ADA diet, various blood tests, including kidney and

>liver panels, electrolytes, etc.

>4 - Do you work closely with other doctors such as the ones mentioned above?

>5 - How do you feel about alternative methods? Dead set against them is

>hard to work around, Donna. Even don't care is better.

>6 - What system do you have for emergency care?

>7 - Is it possible to contact you by e-mail if I have a question?

>

>I am sure others will have more suggestions.

>

>Helen

>

>

Sent via the WebMail system at phreego.com

Good for you, Rob!

I fail to understand why doctors are so stingy with the prescription for

strips. It's no skin off their back. Both in Great Britain and here in

the U.S.

I wonder if it's NHS policy? I think we have a couple of other members

living in Great Britain - can any of you answer this question? Do you

have any problem getting enough strips?