RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: ['s doctor visit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

YEA, YEA,  God is so GOOD..  Merry Merry Christmas and enjoy your wonderful family. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Brother Bruce ( and the rest of my family),    I just got the best Christmas present!  This is the very first time I have gone to the doctor and received good news!  After reviewing my records, the new pulmonologist I saw today feels that I can live a long time by continuing to manage the sarcoid with the prednisone.  The scarring has still progressed but he feels that by slowing down more ( I already feel like an honorary sloth!) and using oxygen more I can completely halt the progression.  I really liked him ( not just because he said I can live a long time)  but also because he explained what I need to do to stop the pulmonary hypertension before it becomes worse ( exercise slower and longer, monitor my heart rate more and do not ever let it go above 130, and use oxygen every time it goes to 130 even if my O2 level is still in the 90s).  He also said I have been on antibiotics too much this year and I need to be more careful around my grandchildren so that I don't keep picking up infections.     It was wonderful to not hear "I am so sorry , but your tests are worse," and it was wonderful to have hope!  Merry Christmas to you all- PS.. Thank you for the poll! R. (52)  Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   Carlsbad, California--- On Tue, 12/23/08, Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote:From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Beth and BruceTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:58 AMPer your request, the poll has been set up for those who are involved inclinical trials to indicate.>> Subject: Peggy> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:50 PM>>>>>>>>>> Hi everyone,> Just a quick post to let you all know that Peggy has been admitted toShands Hospital in Gainesville. I just spoke to her and she soundspretty good all things considered. They are doing what sounds like anextensive workup to figure out what's going on with her. She's alreadyhad lots of bloodwork, a CT scan, an ABG, and they've asked her for asputum sample. I'm thrilled that they are taking this as seriously asthey seem to be. She's got the iv antibiotics going already so hopefullyshe will be on the mend shortly.> Her address at the hospital is:> Peggy > Room 7421B> Shands Hospital> 1600 SW Archer Rd> Gainesville, FL 32608>> Cards are welcome!>> Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>> "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. MaybeChristmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."> Dr. Seuss>

What an amazing doctor's appointment you had! I'm so excited for you. And alot of what he said is very interesting. I hadn't considered exercising somewhat slower to keep my heart rate a little lower but going for a longer amount of time instead. Definitely something to consider.

And of course what makes me happiest is the idea of you being around for many many years to come!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

Dr. Seuss

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:19:23 PMSubject: Re: ['s doctor visit

Brother Bruce ( and the rest of my family),

I just got the best Christmas present! This is the very first time I have gone to the doctor and received good news! After reviewing my records, the new pulmonologist I saw today feels that I can live a long time by continuing to manage the sarcoid with the prednisone. The scarring has still progressed but he feels that by slowing down more ( I already feel like an honorary sloth!) and using oxygen more I can completely halt the progression. I really liked him ( not just because he said I can live a long time) but also because he explained what I need to do to stop the pulmonary hypertension before it becomes worse ( exercise slower and longer, monitor my heart rate more and do not ever let it go above 130, and use oxygen every time it goes to 130 even if my O2 level is still in the 90s). He also said I have been on antibiotics too much this year and I need

to be more careful around my grandchildren so that I don't keep picking up infections.

It was wonderful to not hear "I am so sorry , but your tests are worse," and it was wonderful to have hope! Merry Christmas to you all-

PS.. Thank you for the poll!

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: Beth and BruceTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:58 AM

Per your request, the poll has been set up for those who are involved inclinical trials to indicate.>> Subject: Peggy> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:50 PM>>>>>>>>>> Hi everyone,> Just a quick post to let you all know that Peggy has been admitted toShands Hospital in Gainesville. I just spoke to her and she soundspretty good all things considered. They are doing what sounds like anextensive workup to figure out what's going on with her. She's alreadyhad lots of bloodwork, a CT scan, an ABG, and they've asked her for asputum sample. I'm thrilled that they are taking this as seriously asthey seem to be. She's got the iv antibiotics going already so

hopefullyshe will be on the mend shortly.> Her address at the hospital is:> Peggy > Room 7421B> Shands Hospital> 1600 SW Archer Rd> Gainesville, FL 32608>> Cards are welcome!>> Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>> "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. MaybeChristmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."> Dr. Seuss>

, You have received the best

news!!!The best present is a good report!!!

Have a very Merry Christmas and keep up the good work!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

denise randel wrote:

Brother Bruce ( and

the rest of my family),

I just got the

best Christmas present! This is the very first time I have gone to the

doctor and received good news! After reviewing my records, the new

pulmonologist I saw today feels that I can live a long time by

continuing to manage the sarcoid with the prednisone. The scarring has

still progressed but he feels that by slowing down more ( I already

feel like an honorary sloth!) and using oxygen more I can completely

halt the progression. I really liked him ( not just because he said I

can live a long time) but also because he explained what I need to do

to stop the pulmonary hypertension before it becomes worse ( exercise

slower and longer, monitor my heart rate more and do not ever let it go

above 130, and use oxygen every time it goes to 130 even if my O2 level

is still in the 90s). He also said I have been on antibiotics too much

this year and I need to be more careful around my grandchildren so that

I don't keep picking up infections.

It was wonderful

to not hear "I am so sorry , but your tests are worse," and it

was wonderful to have hope! Merry Christmas to you all-

PS.. Thank you for the

poll!

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

Subject: Re: Beth and Bruce

To: Breathe-Support

Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:58 AM

Per your request, the poll has been set up for those who are involved in

clinical trials to indicate.

>

> From: Beth mbmurtha@...

> Subject: Peggy

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:50 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi everyone,

> Just a quick post to let you all know that Peggy has been admitted

to

Shands Hospital in Gainesville. I just spoke to her and she sounds

pretty good all things considered. They are doing what sounds like an

extensive workup to figure out what's going on with her. She's already

had lots of bloodwork, a CT scan, an ABG, and they've asked her for a

sputum sample. I'm thrilled that they are taking this as seriously as

they seem to be. She's got the iv antibiotics going already so hopefully

she will be on the mend shortly.

> Her address at the hospital is:

> Peggy

> Room 7421B

> Shands Hospital

> 1600 SW Archer Rd

> Gainesville, FL 32608

>

> Cards are welcome!

>

> Beth in North Carolina

> Moderator

> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

>

> "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe

Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

> Dr. Seuss

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.0/1861 - Release Date: 12/22/2008 11:23 AM

wonderful news

interesting what he said about slowing down when exercising, but exercising longer, makes sense

have a wonder ful holiday

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: Beth and BruceTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:58 AM

Per your request, the poll has been set up for those who are involved inclinical trials to indicate.>>

Subject: Peggy> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:50 PM>>>>>>>>>> Hi everyone,> Just a quick post to let you all know that Peggy has been admitted toShands Hospital in Gainesville. I just spoke to her and she soundspretty good all things considered. They are doing what sounds like anextensive workup to figure out what's going on with her. She's alreadyhad lots of bloodwork, a CT scan, an ABG, and they've asked her for asputum sample. I'm thrilled that they are taking this as seriously asthey seem to be. She's got the iv antibiotics going already so hopefullyshe will be on the mend shortly.> Her address at the hospital is:> Peggy > Room

7421B> Shands Hospital> 1600 SW Archer Rd> Gainesville, FL 32608>> Cards are welcome!>> Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>> "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. MaybeChristmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."> Dr. Seuss>

YAYYYYYYY! ! Great news! Joyce T Rosenberg wrote: wonderful news interesting what he said about slowing down when exercising, but exercising longer, makes sense have a wonder ful holiday Pink Joyce IPF

3/06 Pennsylvania Donate Life From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: Beth and BruceTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:58 AM Per your request, the poll has been set up for those who are involved inclinical trials to indicate.>>

Subject: Peggy> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:50 PM>>>>>>>>>> Hi everyone,> Just a quick post to let you all know that Peggy has been admitted toShands Hospital in Gainesville. I just spoke to her and she soundspretty good all things considered. They are doing what sounds like anextensive workup to figure out what's going on with her. She's alreadyhad lots of bloodwork, a CT scan, an ABG, and they've asked her for asputum sample. I'm thrilled that they are taking this as seriously asthey seem to be. She's got the iv antibiotics going already so hopefullyshe will be on the mend shortly.> Her address at the hospital is:> Peggy > Room 7421B>

Shands Hospital> 1600 SW Archer Rd> Gainesville, FL 32608>> Cards are welcome!>> Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>> "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. MaybeChristmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."> Dr. Seuss>Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful

Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

! How wonderful to hear your good news. How wonderful how wonderful how wonderful. I took a deep sigh just reading your post.

I know your family is jumping around. What good news for a wonderful (Yeah, I know...) Christmas.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Peggy> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:50 PM>>>>>>>>>> Hi everyone,> Just a quick post to let you all know that Peggy has been admitted toShands Hospital in Gainesville. I just spoke to her and she soundspretty good all things considered. They are doing what sounds like anextensive workup to figure out what's going on with her. She's alreadyhad lots of bloodwork, a CT scan, an ABG, and they've asked her for asputum sample. I'm thrilled that they are taking this as seriously asthey seem to be. She's got the iv antibiotics going already so hopefullyshe will be on the mend shortly.> Her address at the hospital is:> Peggy > Room 7421B> Shands Hospital> 1600 SW Archer Rd> Gainesville, FL 32608>> Cards are welcome!>> Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>> "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. MaybeChristmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."> Dr. Seuss>