RemedySpot.com

Newbies Oh my this is quite long

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi to all the Newbies, It seems like it has been forever since I have welcomed anyone.. I am sorry about that.Welcome to our Air Family. We do carry on about personal things and I think that is because we have become close and are indeed such a family of caring people all in this fight against this cruel monster. Any questions are welcome and wanted. There are NO dumb questions. One of us WILL answer. My name is Peggy, I am 66 (34) years old. I live in Silver Springs Florida. I was diagnosed with IPF in June 2004. This is not whatmy husband and I had planned for our retirement. We moved into our new home 4/2004 so you can see wewere not here long before my life forever changed. I go to Shands Hospital at the University of Gainesvillefor my care. I love my Dr. and her staff. About this disease--I was put on prednisone for an infection and had horrible side effects. (all of them)So I do understand if you are having a hard time while on it. I wish with everything in me I would NOT have ever heard of it. Please know it does not help IPF at ALL..enough about that.Before our move I was feeling really good and loosing some weight. Went to a new Dr. here and the first visit she told me I have a heart or lung problem and she is doing some tests. I had a HRCT the next day along with blood work. After the CT I was told to wait to take a report back to my Dr. right then. Well this isn't the biggest of towns so I didn't think to much of it. Of course when I got in the car I opened it and saw STAT on top.. I knew something was up. My Dr. sent me to a pulmonary guy and he told me I have fibrosis and would be having a OLB(open lung biopsy)  I told him NO I won't, what else do we do now. I didn't have a clue what it is. LONG story short, I went to Shands, my daughter found out what it was the first night and couldn't think of a way to tell me. You have to understand I have had many many surgeries and do not panic when told something is going on with my body.About three months or so I was put on 02 at night. Then it increased to activity then 24/7. I was so ill from the prednisone it didn't really matter to me.. THEN I found out what really had, then and found this group. THIS GROUP has saved my mind more that I can say. I have had several drops in saturation the past year and am currently using from none sitting to 6L just putzing around the house. Going out has all but stopped except with a wheel chair. Of course Church Always. Anyhow I use 8 to 10L for walking and thats walking slow. That is really hard for me--slow...This disease is truly a monster. I have a very strong faith in God and know He has a master plan. Sundays feed my soul.I am on wellbutrin, synthroid and ambian (12-years now) I know this sounds like all gloom and doom but I am so blessed with family and good friends. The best husbandthat loves me regardless of our circumstances. He is my best friend. I have said so many times, I am happy, Blessed and not afraid of death but this dyeing part is no fun.So I choose to LIVE the life I have been given to it's fullest. One year ago we took a trip to Chattanooga, I love to travel. My dream was to have a big ol' Motor home and cross the good ol' USA. NOW THAT wouldbe the BEST.. But I'll stay right here in the Forest and invite all to come see me.May God Bless and Keep each and every one of you is my prayer Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."