RemedySpot.com

RE: orthotist vs. therapist?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No, I would not be worried. DOCband providers are extensively trained, and the fact that many are Physical Therapists is a plus, in my book. DOCband is also well-documented for successfully treating children over 12 months. And, all DOCband providers know is fixing abnormal headshape. Orthos may or may not have had extensive experience with heads (though many have, and have done a wonderful job). Bottom line is to go with your gut, and if you are truly uncomfortable with one company/person, for whatever reason, then go with the one that you do feel comfortable with.In 2000 there were not as many options as there are today -- at the time, Cranial Technologies, Inc. provider of the DOCband, was the only company that had a band that could correct my son's long/narrow (known as scaphocephalic) head shape. If we had been able to shop around a little to get closer to home (we live in Cinc

innati, and the closest was in Chicago at the time) we would have at least looked at other options (though our experience was so good) , so after checking different options out, it's important to go with what your instincts are telling you.mom to Quinn, born 11/19/99, DOCband graduate 10/00>------- Original Message ------->From : nwilkens2275[mailto:nwilkens2275@...]>Sent : 1/18/2008 6:49:25 AM>To : Plagiocephaly >Cc : >Subject : RE: orthotist vs. therapist?>>Hi-I have two consultations set up next week. One is for the STARBand right here in Raleigh, and treatment would be done by an orthotist. The other is in Charlotte at Cranial Tech for the DOCBand and I found out they are physical therapists there. Is that the case at all Cranial Techs that you know of? Should I be concerned that they are not certified orthotists? In my mind, I was already leaning toward CT because they have way more experience with older children (my son is 16 months old). But this orthotist vs. therapist question is concerning me now. Has anyone made a similar decision? Should I be worried? Thanks for your time! in RaleighMom to Jake (16 months) For more plagio info