RemedySpot.com

Re: Tom (Fuzzy) is Back home

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tom ... well you still have your sense of humor and that's a good thing!

I know all about arthritis and it can be so painful.

I know you will take care and have a very

Merry Christmas!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Tom (Fuzzy) is Back home

Well, Had home health PT visit today to "teach" me to walk up the stairs and other various exercises. It is really amazing the things that we miss when we do not have them. Like a real honest to goodness HOT shower. Friday the 12th had been my last and bed baths all week in the hospital and sequestered to the down stairs powder room and pull out couch once I got home. Stairs are actually a piece o cake, as long as there is a final goal and a place to rest the weary tuckus at both ends. So, have a list of exercises and must get off my arse at least every 2 hours and walk. Am working pretty well with just a cane as the walker made me look like an old fart.I know, I know, everyone will tell me not to push it too hard and I will not. I know my limitations. My right knee still does not want to bend routinely when walking, but PT told me to try to concentrate on it.Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers while I was layed up and zorked on 4mg of dilaudid every 2 hours. This board and my other one for Stills Disease are my rock and help keep me going. The good thing is that my lungs did not take a immune hit this time around. Not sure which is worse, needing O2 to breathe or the pain from the arthritis this pass. I guess, personally, I would rather be as healthy as I was in 2002, but that ain't gonna happen, I am afraid.FuzzyTom PA AOSD (12/04) NSIP (Apr 08)Asthma (11/05)

Tom, Push but not tooooo hard. You have been through enough for the next few years. God Bless you this Holiday Season. We have such a reason to celebrate..  Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Well, Had home health PT visit today to "teach" me to walk up the stairs and other various exercises. It is really amazing the things that we miss when we do not have them. Like a real honest to goodness HOT shower. Friday the 12th had been my last and bed baths all week in the hospital and sequestered to the down stairs powder room and pull out couch once I got home. Stairs are actually a piece o cake, as long as there is a final goal and a place to rest the weary tuckus at both ends. So, have a list of exercises and must get off my arse at least every 2 hours and walk. Am working pretty well with just a cane as the walker made me look like an old fart.I know, I know, everyone will tell me not to push it too hard and I will not. I know my limitations. My right knee still does not want to bend routinely when walking, but PT told me to try to concentrate on it.Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers while I was layed up and zorked on 4mg of dilaudid every 2 hours. This board and my other one for Stills Disease are my rock and help keep me going. The good thing is that my lungs did not take a immune hit this time around. Not sure which is worse, needing O2 to breathe or the pain from the arthritis this pass. I guess, personally, I would rather be as healthy as I was in 2002, but that ain't gonna happen, I am afraid.FuzzyTom PA AOSD (12/04) NSIP (Apr 08)Asthma (11/05)

Tom, Push but not tooooo hard. You have been through enough for the next few years. God Bless you this Holiday Season. We have such a reason to celebrate..  Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Well, Had home health PT visit today to "teach" me to walk up the stairs and other various exercises. It is really amazing the things that we miss when we do not have them. Like a real honest to goodness HOT shower. Friday the 12th had been my last and bed baths all week in the hospital and sequestered to the down stairs powder room and pull out couch once I got home. Stairs are actually a piece o cake, as long as there is a final goal and a place to rest the weary tuckus at both ends. So, have a list of exercises and must get off my arse at least every 2 hours and walk. Am working pretty well with just a cane as the walker made me look like an old fart.I know, I know, everyone will tell me not to push it too hard and I will not. I know my limitations. My right knee still does not want to bend routinely when walking, but PT told me to try to concentrate on it.Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers while I was layed up and zorked on 4mg of dilaudid every 2 hours. This board and my other one for Stills Disease are my rock and help keep me going. The good thing is that my lungs did not take a immune hit this time around. Not sure which is worse, needing O2 to breathe or the pain from the arthritis this pass. I guess, personally, I would rather be as healthy as I was in 2002, but that ain't gonna happen, I am afraid.FuzzyTom PA AOSD (12/04) NSIP (Apr 08)Asthma (11/05)

Tom,

So glad you're home!! Continue to look after yourself!!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

Dr. Seuss

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:42:07 PMSubject: Tom (Fuzzy) is Back home

Well, Had home health PT visit today to "teach" me to walk up the stairs and other various exercises. It is really amazing the things that we miss when we do not have them. Like a real honest to goodness HOT shower. Friday the 12th had been my last and bed baths all week in the hospital and sequestered to the down stairs powder room and pull out couch once I got home. Stairs are actually a piece o cake, as long as there is a final goal and a place to rest the weary tuckus at both ends. So, have a list of exercises and must get off my arse at least every 2 hours and walk. Am working pretty well with just a cane as the walker made me look like an old fart.I know, I know, everyone will tell me not to push it too hard and I will not. I know my limitations. My right knee still does not want to bend routinely when walking, but PT told me to try to concentrate on it.Thanks

for all the thoughts and prayers while I was layed up and zorked on 4mg of dilaudid every 2 hours. This board and my other one for Stills Disease are my rock and help keep me going. The good thing is that my lungs did not take a immune hit this time around. Not sure which is worse, needing O2 to breathe or the pain from the arthritis this pass. I guess, personally, I would rather be as healthy as I was in 2002, but that ain't gonna happen, I am afraid.FuzzyTom PA AOSD (12/04) NSIP (Apr 08)Asthma (11/05)

Tom,

So glad you're home!! Continue to look after yourself!!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

Dr. Seuss

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:42:07 PMSubject: Tom (Fuzzy) is Back home

Well, Had home health PT visit today to "teach" me to walk up the stairs and other various exercises. It is really amazing the things that we miss when we do not have them. Like a real honest to goodness HOT shower. Friday the 12th had been my last and bed baths all week in the hospital and sequestered to the down stairs powder room and pull out couch once I got home. Stairs are actually a piece o cake, as long as there is a final goal and a place to rest the weary tuckus at both ends. So, have a list of exercises and must get off my arse at least every 2 hours and walk. Am working pretty well with just a cane as the walker made me look like an old fart.I know, I know, everyone will tell me not to push it too hard and I will not. I know my limitations. My right knee still does not want to bend routinely when walking, but PT told me to try to concentrate on it.Thanks

for all the thoughts and prayers while I was layed up and zorked on 4mg of dilaudid every 2 hours. This board and my other one for Stills Disease are my rock and help keep me going. The good thing is that my lungs did not take a immune hit this time around. Not sure which is worse, needing O2 to breathe or the pain from the arthritis this pass. I guess, personally, I would rather be as healthy as I was in 2002, but that ain't gonna happen, I am afraid.FuzzyTom PA AOSD (12/04) NSIP (Apr 08)Asthma (11/05)

Tom, didn't know you were in the hospital

(where was I? -- reading the board and didn't know! shame on me)

glad you are home and doing better

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Subject: Tom (Fuzzy) is Back homeTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:42 PM