RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: orthotist vs. therapist?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son is currently a patient at the CT in Charlotte. The staff is very knowledgeable and great to work with. My son was banded at 6 months and is in his last two weeks. His plagio whent from 20 mm to 10 mm. We are in the process of decided whether or not to go with a second band. He's improved a great deal in 2.5 months.

Staci

-----Original Message-----From: Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ]On Behalf Of lka_236Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 2:35 PMPlagiocephaly Subject: Re: orthotist vs. therapist?

I definitely would NOT be concerned. We went to CT in AZ and we met most of the staff there. They all knew what they were doing and I never once was concerned with the care my son recieved. CT is solely trained to band babies using the DOC band. I would definitely go with them since that option is available to you.lisa> >> > Hi-I have two consultations set up next week. One is for the STARBand > > right here in Raleigh, and treatment would be done by an orthotist. > > The other is in Charlotte at Cranial Tech for the DOCBand and I found > > out they are physical therapists there. Is that the case at all > > Cranial Techs that you know of? Should I be concerned that they are > > not certified orthotists? In my mind, I was already leaning toward CT > > because they have way more experience with older children (my son is > > 16 months old). But this orthotist vs. therapist question is > > concerning me now. Has anyone made a similar decision? Should I be > > worried? Thanks for your time!> > in Raleigh> > Mom to Jake (16 months)> >>

Our CT in Mequon, WI uses a PT. She is fully qualified and has been with CT since 1998. I was very impressed with her knowledge. I agree, I would not be concerned. Kelli

Re: orthotist vs. therapist?

I definitely would NOT be concerned. We went to CT in AZ and we met most of the staff there. They all knew what they were doing and I never once was concerned with the care my son recieved. CT is solely trained to band babies using the DOC band. I would definitely go with them since that option is available to you.lisa> >> > Hi-I have two consultations set up next week. One is for the STARBand > > right here in Raleigh, and treatment would be done by an orthotist. > > The other is in Charlotte at Cranial Tech for the DOCBand and I found > > out they are physical therapists there. Is that the case at all > > Cranial Techs that you know of? Should I be concerned that they are

> > not certified orthotists? In my mind, I was already leaning toward CT > > because they have way more experience with older children (my son is > > 16 months old). But this orthotist vs. therapist question is > > concerning me now. Has anyone made a similar decision? Should I be > > worried? Thanks for your time!> > in Raleigh> > Mom to Jake (16 months)> >>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.