RemedySpot.com

Re: From Mama Sher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Hi Mama Sher!! I had a wonderful Christmas with my family, too. I was so worried because I have been so sick for the last 6 weeks and most of my gifts were homemade on my embroidery and sewing machine because I have missed work. First had an MRI right before Thanksgiving and they told me I have 2 bulging disks in my lumbar spine. Went 2 weeks later to Pain Clinic and got an epidural steroid injection plus they raised my Lorcet dosage up to 3 times a day. Injection made me worse instead of better. Right after that, my water pump froze up on my car and threw the timing belt, so I was 3 weeks or so without a vehicle. Then Thanksgiving week, I got pneumonia and have had it for the past weeks. Still had sore throat this morning, but really, for everything that happened, everything

was wonderful!! My 3 kids have been having financial problems, too, so even their gifts were limited. I told them just come visit, that was all I wanted, and not to bring anything but themselves. For us (as well as most of the country) to be so financially burdened this year, this was one of the best Christmases we ever had!! So much food!! Oh my gosh!! I still have enough food leftover for days after sending over half of it home with the kids!! I think this year has meant so much to me because I have been so ill lately and I am just happy to be here with my family and that is all that matters. SOOOO, tomorrow starts the diet!! (UUGGGHHH!!!) I have put on about 10 or so pounds since Thanksgiving (some of it was from swelling from increased prednisone again), but some of it was from all the sweets and goodies I have eaten, too!! Hard to exercise now with my back messed up, and I can't get out and walk if it

is cold or rainy because of the pneumonia. I tried getting on my Total Gym the week before last and after about 2 minutes, I thought I was gonna die with back pain. Got off it crying and didn't get back on. Guess I had better not try that yet!!

I am so thankful for all my family and friends and for each and every one of you and I am wanted to apologize for not posting as much through the Holidays, but with being so sick, I have mostly been sleeping and resting whenever I get the chance. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day and have a very MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Subject: From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

Hi All...well our Christmas visit w/kids was short and sweet but we are home already. Stayed overnight last night and today about noon the snow started down in buckets so we shoved our stuff in the car and headed home...just in case.

I don't know the reason but these two recent holidays seem particularly special. T-day was so nice and we had such a nice morning with the kids/grandkids today.

I seem to be aware of family more than a few months ago.

Lysa fixed a wonderful breakfast of Quiche, bacon, sausage, hash browns and fresh cut pears. So good! They always have a "Jesus Cake" so Lysa read a short story about Jesus' birth and we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and enjoyed a piece of cake.

I hope all of you had a day as filled with love and goodies as we had.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Hi Mama Sher!! I had a wonderful Christmas with my family, too. I was so worried because I have been so sick for the last 6 weeks and most of my gifts were homemade on my embroidery and sewing machine because I have missed work. First had an MRI right before Thanksgiving and they told me I have 2 bulging disks in my lumbar spine. Went 2 weeks later to Pain Clinic and got an epidural steroid injection plus they raised my Lorcet dosage up to 3 times a day. Injection made me worse instead of better. Right after that, my water pump froze up on my car and threw the timing belt, so I was 3 weeks or so without a vehicle. Then Thanksgiving week, I got pneumonia and have had it for the past weeks. Still had sore throat this morning, but really, for everything that

happened, everything was wonderful!! My 3 kids have been having financial problems, too, so even their gifts were limited. I told them just come visit, that was all I wanted, and not to bring anything but themselves. For us (as well as most of the country) to be so financially burdened this year, this was one of the best Christmases we ever had!! So much food!! Oh my gosh!! I still have enough food leftover for days after sending over half of it home with the kids!! I think this year has meant so much to me because I have been so ill lately and I am just happy to be here with my family and that is all that matters. SOOOO, tomorrow starts the diet!! (UUGGGHHH!!!) I have put on about 10 or so pounds since Thanksgiving (some of it was from swelling from increased prednisone again), but some of it was from all the sweets and goodies I have eaten, too!! Hard to exercise now with my back messed up, and I can't

get out and walk if it is cold or rainy because of the pneumonia. CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Subject: From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

Hi All...well our Christmas visit w/kids was short and sweet but we are home already. Stayed overnight last night and today about noon the snow started down in buckets so we shoved our stuff in the car and headed home...just in case.

I don't know the reason but these two recent holidays seem particularly special. T-day was so nice and we had such a nice morning with the kids/grandkids today.

Lysa fixed a wonderful breakfast of Quiche, bacon, sausage, hash browns and fresh cut pears. So good! They always have a "Jesus Cake" so Lysa read a short story about Jesus' birth and we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and enjoyed a piece of cake.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Caro

sounds like you had a wonderful holiday

i wish i were as creative as you and Sher, to be able to make the Chanukah presents would be wonderful

yesterday was the first decent day we had in a long time--the sun was out and 40+ degrees was like a heat wave, lol,

so we were able to take the dog for a couple of walks, he has been shut in with me for a long time too

where did you get the energy to cook all of that food?

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>Subject: From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

I don't know where I got the energy, but somehow it just came. I took my time, though, and did a little here and a little there. Got up this morning with fever and a horrible sore throat. Can't swallow a thing. Guess it will be a soup day for me -- Is raining here, so I won't be getting out today. Have to watch 2 of the grandkids while the kids work today and the daycare and schools are closed. Hopefully I can keep them occupied and still get some rest. They should be here any minute, the 3 year old and the 5 year old. Probably won't get to rest much, but at least I have the next 2 days off work to catch up. I am really looking into filing for disability after the first of the year and quitting work. I just can't do it any more. I am really stressed out worrying how I am going to make it

until the disability kicks in. Hopefully things will work out. Will be tough, but I hope I can hang. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Caro

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>Subject: From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

Caro ... it is good to see a post from you and girl, if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all! lol. You have been through so much lately. I hope it's all behind you now.

I'm really sorry to hear about the disks in your back and the injection making matters worse!

But the good news is you were able to be with your kids.

I'm with you, now to stop the munching and goodies...

Love ya.

From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

Caro ... it is good to see a post from you and girl, if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all! lol. You have been through so much lately. I hope it's all behind you now.

I'm really sorry to hear about the disks in your back and the injection making matters worse!

But the good news is you were able to be with your kids.

I'm with you, now to stop the munching and goodies...

Love ya.

From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

I am glad to be able to post!! Had a rather lazy weekend this week!! I just laid around and pretty much watched TV and did nothing!! Tried to catch one after Christmas sale but was too tired and didn't stay long before going back home. I did buy lots of salad fixins, though, so hopefully will get back on track with the weight control!! I think I did pretty well to only put on 9 pounds through the Holidays!! Not a good thing, but did help that I started getting a sore throat Christmas Day. I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and when I got back in the car, I was thinking, "man, my throat is hurting really bad." So, I looked in the mirror and my tonsils (especially the right one) look like golf balls, dark beefy red color and have little white ulcers on the right side. Usually every time I have had this happen

before, I had strep throat. Will call the doc this morning and probably have to start my THIRD round of antibiotics in the last 2 months!! I can't complain, though, because no matter how bad I feel, I know it could always be worse, and I am still fortunate enough to not need oxygen as of yet, even though I can tell in the last year, my health has probably deteriorated at least 40% to 50%. On a good note, I am very thankful to God just to still be here and have all of you.

Any one ready to post New Year's Resolutions yet? I have a few (main one being weight loss AGAIN!!) Seems that is my first one EVERY YEAR!! My second one would be to try and be more faithful to this group. I am really considering quitting my job and filing for disability around the beginning of April or so, if I can hold out that long, so I will have lots more time to read each and every email and try and keep up with everyone. Am scared to death about quitting my job, as all I know is work since 1985. I am planning to leave in good standing with the company. I have been with them 8-1/2 years and I would like to know if I absolutely HAD to go back, that I could. My third resolution would be to spend more time with my grandbabies ( They are 10, 5, and 3 with another one on the way, but I still call them my babies!!), and my kids,

as well as others in my family. I haven't really gotten any farther than that on my list. I am sure I will think of more, but those 3 popped in my head right off the bat!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I am glad to be able to post!! Had a rather lazy weekend this week!! I just laid around and pretty much watched TV and did nothing!! Tried to catch one after Christmas sale but was too tired and didn't stay long before going back home. I did buy lots of salad fixins, though, so hopefully will get back on track with the weight control!! I think I did pretty well to only put on 9 pounds through the Holidays!! Not a good thing, but did help that I started getting a sore throat Christmas Day. I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and when I got back in the car, I was thinking, "man, my throat is hurting really bad." So, I looked in the mirror and my tonsils (especially the right one) look like golf balls, dark beefy red color and have little white ulcers on the right side. Usually every time I have had this happen

before, I had strep throat. Will call the doc this morning and probably have to start my THIRD round of antibiotics in the last 2 months!! I can't complain, though, because no matter how bad I feel, I know it could always be worse, and I am still fortunate enough to not need oxygen as of yet, even though I can tell in the last year, my health has probably deteriorated at least 40% to 50%. On a good note, I am very thankful to God just to still be here and have all of you.

Any one ready to post New Year's Resolutions yet? I have a few (main one being weight loss AGAIN!!) Seems that is my first one EVERY YEAR!! My second one would be to try and be more faithful to this group. I am really considering quitting my job and filing for disability around the beginning of April or so, if I can hold out that long, so I will have lots more time to read each and every email and try and keep up with everyone. Am scared to death about quitting my job, as all I know is work since 1985. I am planning to leave in good standing with the company. I have been with them 8-1/2 years and I would like to know if I absolutely HAD to go back, that I could. My third resolution would be to spend more time with my grandbabies ( They are 10, 5, and 3 with another one on the way, but I still call them my babies!!), and my kids,

as well as others in my family. I haven't really gotten any farther than that on my list. I am sure I will think of more, but those 3 popped in my head right off the bat!!

Carolyn

can you switch to working part time?

Donate Life

Carolyn

can you switch to working part time?

Donate Life

Caro,

I can totally relate to the fear of not working. Except for a few years when my son was small I had been working since I was 14!! But by the time I was diagnosed I was too ill to even contemplate working. (Though that didn't stop me from trying for two really ridiculous days in August of 06) Working was how I solved every problem. Anything I needed, I could get by working or at least that's what I thought.

It took less than 6 months for my SSDI to be approved. I was very fortunate in having some savings and my family's support during those six months. Don't know what I would have done without it.

I hope you get a prescription for your throat. Don't let that infection get down into your lungs!!

Happy New Year!!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 8:10:32 AMSubject: Re: From Mama Sher

I am glad to be able to post!! Had a rather lazy weekend this week!! I just laid around and pretty much watched TV and did nothing!! Tried to catch one after Christmas sale but was too tired and didn't stay long before going back home. I did buy lots of salad fixins, though, so hopefully will get back on track with the weight control!! I think I did pretty well to only put on 9 pounds through the Holidays!! Not a good thing, but did help that I started getting a sore throat Christmas Day. I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and when I got back in the car, I was thinking, "man, my throat is hurting really bad." So, I looked in the mirror and my tonsils (especially the right one) look like golf balls, dark beefy red color and have little white ulcers on the right side. Usually every time I have had this happen before, I had strep throat. Will call the doc this morning and probably have to start my THIRD

round of antibiotics in the last 2 months!! I can't complain, though, because no matter how bad I feel, I know it could always be worse, and I am still fortunate enough to not need oxygen as of yet, even though I can tell in the last year, my health has probably deteriorated at least 40% to 50%. On a good note, I am very thankful to God just to still be here and have all of you.

Caro,

I can totally relate to the fear of not working. Except for a few years when my son was small I had been working since I was 14!! But by the time I was diagnosed I was too ill to even contemplate working. (Though that didn't stop me from trying for two really ridiculous days in August of 06) Working was how I solved every problem. Anything I needed, I could get by working or at least that's what I thought.

It took less than 6 months for my SSDI to be approved. I was very fortunate in having some savings and my family's support during those six months. Don't know what I would have done without it.

I hope you get a prescription for your throat. Don't let that infection get down into your lungs!!

Happy New Year!!

Beth in North Carolina

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 8:10:32 AMSubject: Re: From Mama Sher

I am glad to be able to post!! Had a rather lazy weekend this week!! I just laid around and pretty much watched TV and did nothing!! Tried to catch one after Christmas sale but was too tired and didn't stay long before going back home. I did buy lots of salad fixins, though, so hopefully will get back on track with the weight control!! I think I did pretty well to only put on 9 pounds through the Holidays!! Not a good thing, but did help that I started getting a sore throat Christmas Day. I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and when I got back in the car, I was thinking, "man, my throat is hurting really bad." So, I looked in the mirror and my tonsils (especially the right one) look like golf balls, dark beefy red color and have little white ulcers on the right side. Usually every time I have had this happen before, I had strep throat. Will call the doc this morning and probably have to start my THIRD

round of antibiotics in the last 2 months!! I can't complain, though, because no matter how bad I feel, I know it could always be worse, and I am still fortunate enough to not need oxygen as of yet, even though I can tell in the last year, my health has probably deteriorated at least 40% to 50%. On a good note, I am very thankful to God just to still be here and have all of you.

Caro,

Happy New Year!!

Beth in North Carolina

Caro ... let's hope you don't come down w/strep!

I'm sorry to hear you think your health is worse. 40 - 50% is a big change and still not needing O2... (I'm using less O2 since I got off the pain patch)

I can sure relate to being apprehensive about quitting your job. My ~last job~ was 1985 and then I did volunteer counseling w/women/families. It took me nearly 3 years to be comfortable not working. I realized my self worth/esteem were tied into what I ~did~. If I didn't do anything (well, I guess for $$) I wasn't worth anything...How silly, but nonetheless I had to work through it.

The counseling I did was worth a lot and I reached those who didn't have the money for the high-priced Docs. That was my purpose and I did it for over 25 years.

So poop I say, don't feel less if you aren't working Caro...regardless of the cause.

Your resolutions for the New Year sound like great ones. I haven't made any. Well, losing weight is a constant for me! I greet every NewYear the same way! lol.

From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM