RemedySpot.com

Re: Visit with Eye Surgeon this a.m..............................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am so sorry you are having such a tough time, Lou. But I am glad that warm and loving people surround you. I'm thinking of tortures that befit your pulmodude; I can't actually DO anything, but I can imagine it! LOL Hugs, B Lou wrote: Surgeon had me taking glocoma drops every night before bed because of the swelling of the eye, today on my checkup, the glocoma drops have now had a bad effect on my eye and edema has

roosted in my house. crap-o-la. haa It is sore a little, but he changed drops for me and by golly gave me sample bottles, otherwise I told him it was $35.00 co-pay for a tiny tiny tiny tiny, and 1 more tiny bottle. Good Grief. "So now I have a lens in my glasses for the left side with a bifocal across it for another week. Have to go back next Tues again. I do think the eye is better, the foggyness has disappeard, and it is clear, just blurry, like ME IS!!!!We go on now don't we and do the best we can, it hurts today so have been resting, taking pills all day to keep me down.Took a 6 min. walk up and down the hall today to check my oximeter and I was walking only slowing as i can not walk very fast, the heart rate went to 145. The oxy. level was in the mid 70's. I couldn't get to a chair or wall quick enough, but I did make it to the fist dining chair I saw. I was so out of breath, so I have been sitting

watching cooking shows and the weather channel to keep me quieted down. I am so mad the 'PULMODUDE' has not called me back so I just called his nurse again. Know what? Why am I even calling him? I will not take a PFT test, I am too weak for that, would never get through it. It is what it is, you know? I just want to know what he wants me to do about the next machines for higher flow. Don't know anything about that. My liq. oxy tank jumps from #10-15, nothing inbetween. So I wait. That's ok. My daughter came over and we held hands.We went to breakfast this morning after the dr. visit, and while we were eating there were 2 women who were sitting across from us, I was coughing a lot as I do when I eat, can't eat and breathe at that same time, ha, they gently took our hands and asked permission to pray for us. We both were delighted and we prayed a quite a few minutes. It felt so wonderful. We both loved it and

needed it, I guess. There still are GOOD people in this world.I have noticed that my breathing this past week that my breaths are getting shorter together, can't take a deep breath without coughing.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Lou

Sorry for another round of issues you have to deal with. However, do not

continue the six minute walk or any other walk to the point you did of

dropping into the 70's. Either use more oxygen or time your walk and

stop it when you drop below 88....no later than 85 or 86 or so.

>

> Surgeon had me taking glocoma drops every night before bed because of

> the swelling of the eye, today on my checkup, the glocoma drops have

> now had a bad effect on my eye and edema has roosted in my house.

> crap-o-la. haa It is sore a little, but he changed drops for me and

> by golly gave me sample bottles, otherwise I told him it was

> $35.00 co-pay for a tiny tiny tiny tiny, and 1 more tiny bottle.

> Good Grief. " So now I have a lens in my glasses for the left side

> with a bifocal across it for another week. Have to go back next Tues

> again. I do think the eye is better, the foggyness has disappeard,

> and it is clear, just blurry, like ME IS!!!!

>

> We go on now don't we and do the best we can, it hurts today so have

> been resting, taking pills all day to keep me down.

>

> Took a 6 min. walk up and down the hall today to check my oximeter

> and I was walking only slowing as i can not walk very fast, the heart

> rate went to 145. The oxy. level was in the mid 70's. I couldn't

> get to a chair or wall quick enough, but I did make it to the fist

> dining chair I saw. I was so out of breath, so I have been sitting

> watching cooking shows and the weather channel to keep me quieted

> down. I am so mad the 'PULMODUDE' has not called me back so I just

> called his nurse again. Know what? Why am I even calling him? I

> will not take a PFT test, I am too weak for that, would never get

> through it. It is what it is, you know? I just want to know what he

> wants me to do about the next machines for higher flow. Don't know

> anything about that. My liq. oxy tank jumps from #10-15, nothing

> inbetween. So I wait. That's ok. My daughter came over and we held

> hands.

>

> We went to breakfast this morning after the dr. visit, and while we

> were eating there were 2 women who were sitting across from us, I was

> coughing a lot as I do when I eat, can't eat and breathe at that same

> time, ha, they gently took our hands and asked permission to pray for

> us. We both were delighted and we prayed a quite a few minutes. It

> felt so wonderful. We both loved it and needed it, I guess. There

> still are GOOD people in this world.

>

> I have noticed that my breathing this past week that my breaths are

> getting shorter together, can't take a deep breath without coughing.

>

> I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> MARY LOU

> IPF - 02

>

ML...I could flood you with more cards but I want to add I'm sad to hear of your breathing problems. So sad. There is nothing I can do but "listen" and "be here" if you need me.

I love you.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Visit with Eye Surgeon this a.m..............................

Surgeon had me taking glocoma drops every night before bed because of the swelling of the eye, today on my checkup, the glocoma drops have now had a bad effect on my eye and edema has roosted in my house. crap-o-la. haa It is sore a little, but he changed drops for me and by golly gave me sample bottles, otherwise I told him it was $35.00 co-pay for a tiny tiny tiny tiny, and 1 more tiny bottle. Good Grief. "So now I have a lens in my glasses for the left side with a bifocal across it for another week. Have to go back next Tues again. I do think the eye is better, the foggyness has disappeard, and it is clear, just blurry, like ME IS!!!!We go on now don't we and do the best we can, it hurts today so have been resting, taking pills all day to keep me down.Took a 6 min. walk up and down the hall today to check my oximeter and I was walking only slowing as i can not walk very fast, the heart rate went to 145. The oxy. level was in the mid 70's. I couldn't get to a chair or wall quick enough, but I did make it to the fist dining chair I saw. I was so out of breath, so I have been sitting watching cooking shows and the weather channel to keep me quieted down. I am so mad the 'PULMODUDE' has not called me back so I just called his nurse again. Know what? Why am I even calling him? I will not take a PFT test, I am too weak for that, would never get through it. It is what it is, you know? I just want to know what he wants me to do about the next machines for higher flow. Don't know anything about that. My liq. oxy tank jumps from #10-15, nothing inbetween. So I wait. That's ok. My daughter came over and we held hands.We went to breakfast this morning after the dr. visit, and while we were eating there were 2 women who were sitting across from us, I was coughing a lot as I do when I eat, can't eat and breathe at that same time, ha, they gently took our hands and asked permission to pray for us. We both were delighted and we prayed a quite a few minutes. It felt so wonderful. We both loved it and needed it, I guess. There still are GOOD people in this world.I have noticed that my breathing this past week that my breaths are getting shorter together, can't take a deep breath without coughing.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

Oh Lou you worry me so. Please don't do anymore at home 6 minute walks, you're hurting yourself!

As for your doctor, you can always use my old trick....call twice a day, every day until someone calls you back. There is no excuse for not returing a patients phone call. It's called common courtesy.

I hope your eyes improve quickly, you need one less thing to worry about!!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:08:13 PMSubject: Visit with Eye Surgeon this a.m..............................

Surgeon had me taking glocoma drops every night before bed because of the swelling of the eye, today on my checkup, the glocoma drops have now had a bad effect on my eye and edema has roosted in my house. crap-o-la. haa It is sore a little, but he changed drops for me and by golly gave me sample bottles, otherwise I told him it was $35.00 co-pay for a tiny tiny tiny tiny, and 1 more tiny bottle. Good Grief. "So now I have a lens in my glasses for the left side with a bifocal across it for another week. Have to go back next Tues again. I do think the eye is better, the foggyness has disappeard, and it is clear, just blurry, like ME IS!!!!We go on now don't we and do the best we can, it hurts today so have been resting, taking pills all day to keep me down.Took a 6 min. walk up and down the hall today to check my oximeter and I was walking only slowing as i can not walk very fast, the heart

rate went to 145. The oxy. level was in the mid 70's. I couldn't get to a chair or wall quick enough, but I did make it to the fist dining chair I saw. I was so out of breath, so I have been sitting watching cooking shows and the weather channel to keep me quieted down. I am so mad the 'PULMODUDE' has not called me back so I just called his nurse again. Know what? Why am I even calling him? I will not take a PFT test, I am too weak for that, would never get through it. It is what it is, you know? I just want to know what he wants me to do about the next machines for higher flow. Don't know anything about that. My liq. oxy tank jumps from #10-15, nothing inbetween. So I wait. That's ok. My daughter came over and we held hands.We went to breakfast this morning after the dr. visit, and while we were eating there were 2 women who were sitting across from us, I was coughing a lot as I do when I

eat, can't eat and breathe at that same time, ha, they gently took our hands and asked permission to pray for us. We both were delighted and we prayed a quite a few minutes. It felt so wonderful. We both loved it and needed it, I guess. There still are GOOD people in this world.I have noticed that my breathing this past week that my breaths are getting shorter together, can't take a deep breath without coughing.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

ML, I agree with MB, NO MORE 6 MIN WALKS on your own. Anytime you are walking keep checking your oximeter and STOP when you get to about 92 or so because it usually drops another point or two once you get seated.. NO MORE young lady. I am glad your eye appointment went well. I'm praying for your vision to clear quickly.I'm so glad to see your "I LOVE YOU THIS DAY"  that always makes me smile. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Oh Lou you worry me so. Please don't do anymore at home 6 minute walks, you're hurting yourself!As for your doctor, you can always use my old trick....call twice a day, every day until someone calls you back. There is no excuse for not returing a patients phone call. It's called common courtesy. I hope your eyes improve quickly, you need one less thing to worry about!!  Beth in North CarolinaModeratorFibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!   From:  Lou <mlpretired (AT) aol (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:08:13 PMSubject:  Visit with Eye Surgeon this a.m..............................Surgeon had me taking glocoma drops every night before bed because of the swelling of the eye, today on my checkup, the glocoma drops have now had a bad effect on my eye and edema has roosted in my house. crap-o-la. haa It is sore a little, but he changed drops for me and by golly gave me sample bottles, otherwise I told him it was $35.00 co-pay for a tiny tiny tiny tiny, and 1 more tiny bottle. Good Grief. "So now I have a lens in my glasses for the left side with a bifocal across it for another week. Have to go back next Tues again. I do think the eye is better, the foggyness has disappeard, and it is clear, just blurry, like ME IS!!!!We go on now don't we and do the best we can, it hurts today so have been resting, taking pills all day to keep me down.Took a 6 min. walk up and down the hall today to check my oximeter and I was walking only slowing as i can not walk very fast, the heart rate went to 145. The oxy. level was in the mid 70's. I couldn't get to a chair or wall quick enough, but I did make it to the fist dining chair I saw. I was so out of breath, so I have been sitting watching cooking shows and the weather channel to keep me quieted down. I am so mad the 'PULMODUDE' has not called me back so I just called his nurse again. Know what? Why am I even calling him? I will not take a PFT test, I am too weak for that, would never get through it. It is what it is, you know? I just want to know what hewants me to do about the next machines for higher flow. Don't know anything about that. My liq. oxy tank jumps from #10-15, nothinginbetween. So I wait. That's ok. My daughter came over and we held hands.We went to breakfast this morning after the dr. visit, and while we were eating there were 2 women who were sitting across from us, I was coughing a lot as I do when I eat, can't eat and breathe at that same time, ha, they gently took our hands and asked permission to pray for us. We both were delighted and we prayed a quite a few minutes. It felt so wonderful. We both loved it and needed it, I guess. There still are GOOD people in this world.I have noticed that my breathing this past week that my breaths are getting shorter together, can't take a deep breath without coughing.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

MB, I love your little 2009 baby at the bottom.. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Oh Lou you worry me so. Please don't do anymore at home 6 minute walks, you're hurting yourself!As for your doctor, you can always use my old trick....call twice a day, every day until someone calls you back. There is no excuse for not returing a patients phone call. It's called common courtesy. I hope your eyes improve quickly, you need one less thing to worry about!!  Beth in North CarolinaModeratorFibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!   From:  Lou <mlpretired (AT) aol (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:08:13 PMSubject:  Visit with Eye Surgeon this a.m..............................Surgeon had me taking glocoma drops every night before bed because of the swelling of the eye, today on my checkup, the glocoma drops have now had a bad effect on my eye and edema has roosted in my house. crap-o-la. haa It is sore a little, but he changed drops for me and by golly gave me sample bottles, otherwise I told him it was $35.00 co-pay for a tiny tiny tiny tiny, and 1 more tiny bottle. Good Grief. "So now I have a lens in my glasses for the left side with a bifocal across it for another week. Have to go back next Tues again. I do think the eye is better, the foggyness has disappeard, and it is clear, just blurry, like ME IS!!!!We go on now don't we and do the best we can, it hurts today so have been resting, taking pills all day to keep me down.Took a 6 min. walk up and down the hall today to check my oximeter and I was walking only slowing as i can not walk very fast, the heart rate went to 145. The oxy. level was in the mid 70's. I couldn't get to a chair or wall quick enough, but I did make it to the fist dining chair I saw. I was so out of breath, so I have been sitting watching cooking shows and the weather channel to keep me quieted down. I am so mad the 'PULMODUDE' has not called me back so I just called his nurse again. Know what? Why am I even calling him? I will not take a PFT test, I am too weak for that, would never get through it. It is what it is, you know? I just want to know what hewants me to do about the next machines for higher flow. Don't know anything about that. My liq. oxy tank jumps from #10-15, nothinginbetween. So I wait. That's ok. My daughter came over and we held hands.We went to breakfast this morning after the dr. visit, and while we were eating there were 2 women who were sitting across from us, I was coughing a lot as I do when I eat, can't eat and breathe at that same time, ha, they gently took our hands and asked permission to pray for us. We both were delighted and we prayed a quite a few minutes. It felt so wonderful. We both loved it and needed it, I guess. There still are GOOD people in this world.I have noticed that my breathing this past week that my breaths are getting shorter together, can't take a deep breath without coughing.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

YES, I WAS USING OXYGEN, I CAN NOT WALK AT ALL WITHOUTIT, IT WAS ON

#7-8

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

MARY LOU IPF - 02

> >

> > Surgeon had me taking glocoma drops every night before bed

because of

> > the swelling of the eye, today on my checkup, the glocoma drops

have

> > now had a bad effect on my eye and edema has roosted in my

house.

> > crap-o-la. haa It is sore a little, but he changed drops for me

and

> > by golly gave me sample bottles, otherwise I told him it was

> > $35.00 co-pay for a tiny tiny tiny tiny, and 1 more tiny bottle.

> > Good Grief. " So now I have a lens in my glasses for the left

side

> > with a bifocal across it for another week. Have to go back next

Tues

> > again. I do think the eye is better, the foggyness has

disappeard,

> > and it is clear, just blurry, like ME IS!!!!

> >

> > We go on now don't we and do the best we can, it hurts today so

have

> > been resting, taking pills all day to keep me down.

> >

> > Took a 6 min. walk up and down the hall today to check my

oximeter

> > and I was walking only slowing as i can not walk very fast, the

heart

> > rate went to 145. The oxy. level was in the mid 70's. I couldn't

> > get to a chair or wall quick enough, but I did make it to the

fist

> > dining chair I saw. I was so out of breath, so I have been

sitting

> > watching cooking shows and the weather channel to keep me

quieted

> > down. I am so mad the 'PULMODUDE' has not called me back so I

just

> > called his nurse again. Know what? Why am I even calling him? I

> > will not take a PFT test, I am too weak for that, would never

get

> > through it. It is what it is, you know? I just want to know

what he

> > wants me to do about the next machines for higher flow. Don't

know

> > anything about that. My liq. oxy tank jumps from #10-15, nothing

> > inbetween. So I wait. That's ok. My daughter came over and we

held

> > hands.

> >

> > We went to breakfast this morning after the dr. visit, and

while we

> > were eating there were 2 women who were sitting across from us,

I was

> > coughing a lot as I do when I eat, can't eat and breathe at

that same

> > time, ha, they gently took our hands and asked permission to

pray for

> > us. We both were delighted and we prayed a quite a few minutes.

It

> > felt so wonderful. We both loved it and needed it, I guess.

There

> > still are GOOD people in this world.

> >

> > I have noticed that my breathing this past week that my breaths

are

> > getting shorter together, can't take a deep breath without

coughing.

> >

> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> > MARY LOU

> > IPF - 02

> >

>