RemedySpot.com

READ THIS...Something that I have found that helps lately.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can't use Charmin! It is the worst!

Wouldn't it be something if some women's burnign and itching went away simply by switching toilet paper!I had a friend that thought she had vv she stopped using fabric softner and it went away!Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Hi, I have had vulvodynia for about 20 years and have written in several times about things that have seemed to help, the first being coconut oil but then it seems to just work sometimes, not always but it's a good oil because according to traditional ayurvedic medicine it is considered a cooling oil as most oils can be heating to the skin which you don't want with vulvodynia. The other thing was the ayurvedic balm by banyan botanicals but like the other oil sometimes it seemed to work and sometimes not as well. Maybe I am jumping the gun right now as I have been only doing what I think is helping for almost two weeks and maybe everything could come back like gang busters but for the last week I haven't had any soreness or itching. Sometimes I noticed with things like the oils and balm that seemed to help that I did feel better but if I did anything to aggravate the area like tight jeans and anykind of sex ect. I would get a flare up of soreness. So, anyway, I noticed

about a week and a half ago when I was in Safeway that they carry a toilet paper that is 100% cotton no tree fiber at all. So I thought I would try it as I have tried everything else but since it is expensive almost $7.00 for 4 rolls I bought the tissue for $4.00 even the checkout guy thought there was some mistake on the price. The first three days I felt uncomfortable and figured this wasn't working but after the fourth day I have felt no pain or soreness. I wonder if my vulvodynia is some reaction to tree fiber. When you think about it, toilet paper is the one thing you use down there over and over everyday and what other choices have we had till now. I have tried all the other things like changing detergents and wearing organic cotton underware, using other hypoallergenic toilet paper not to mention all the allergy and gluten free diets and none of this every made one iota of a difference. So, thought I would post this and keeping my fingers crossed that

this might be helping. Take care, Baukti

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

baukti baukti wrote: >>>>I was in Safeway that they carry a toilet paper that is 100% cotton no tree fiber at all. I bought the tissue for $4.00 even the checkout guy thought there was some mistake on the price. The first three days I felt uncomfortable and figured this wasn't working but after the fourth day I have felt no pain or soreness. I

wonder if my vulvodynia is some reaction to tree fiber. When you think about it, toilet paper is the one thing you use down there over and over everyday and what other choices have we had till now. Baukti, good point....think about all the people who have environmental allergies (especially to trees). I have hay fever (which I think is a diagnosis that means...we don't know 'what' you are allergic to, but you 'are' allergic to something). Recently, my hubby accidentally bought the Charmin toilet paper (red wrapper) and both me and my older son felt a burning sensation. The Charmin (blue wrapper) doesn't do me that way. What brand specifically did you buy? I've never seen a Safeway in my area. Thanks for the info... Hugs, Chelle

Hi Chelle, I was just shopping at Safeway about a week and a half ago and when I was walking down the tissue asile I happen to notice this brand that I hadn't seen before called "purley cotton" made from nothing but cotton and water and so it got my interest but when I saw the almost $7 dollar price tag,,, I lost my interest ,,,but then I noticed that they had a box of facial tissue for $4 and I thought I would give it a try. The first three days didn't notice any difference but since then for the past week I haven't had any rawness or soreness down there. So it could be just conicendence and the pain could come back but usually even when I am not in pain certain things will aggravate the condition like anything that rubs down there like tight pants ect. but so far so good and that is all I have used, I even take a couple sheets with me when I go out as to make sure that that is all I use down there. I am also seeing an acupunturist so

that could be a reason also except he isn't treating me for vulvodynia just for my overall health. If that is the case then I will tell you his name either way something is helping. I posted about the toilet paper as I figured it is something anyone can try.Take care, BauktiChelle wrote: baukti baukti <bhaukti (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: >>>>I was in Safeway that they carry a toilet paper that is 100% cotton no tree fiber

at all. I bought the tissue for $4.00 even the checkout guy thought there was some mistake on the price. The first three days I felt uncomfortable and figured this wasn't working but after the fourth day I have felt no pain or soreness. I wonder if my vulvodynia is some reaction to tree fiber. When you think about it, toilet paper is the one thing you use down there over and over everyday and what other choices have we had till now. Baukti, good point....think about all the people who have environmental allergies (especially to trees). I have hay fever (which I think is a diagnosis that means...we don't know 'what' you are allergic to, but you 'are' allergic to something). Recently, my hubby accidentally bought the Charmin toilet paper (red wrapper) and both me and my older son felt a burning sensation. The Charmin (blue wrapper) doesn't do me that way. What brand

specifically did you buy? I've never seen a Safeway in my area. Thanks for the info... Hugs, Chelle

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

I use Kleenex " down there " and buy it by the case when it is on sale so I won't

run out of it and have to pay big bucks for it.

However if I use it dry it irritates me so I always dampen it before using it

and then it does not irritate me. I wonder if they put something in it that

irritates like some kind of coating.

Ora