RemedySpot.com

Re: Hard lessons to learn from this disease . . .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's hard to stop doing the things that make you feel like you. I guess we have to find new facets of ourselves if we are to stop mourning the losses and start looking forward to what we can be. I'm struggling with this, too, but I will not give up! BSher Bauman wrote: Sue ... your dinner must have been very nice and tasty I'm sure. My daughter does the things you do. Her table looks like something out of a

magazine... I no longer have the "kids come home" for holidays for the reasons you describe. I can't do it anymore so I understand your mad/sad feelings. They miss "coming to grandma's" for dinners too. Perhaps you could do just one thing and let others bring the rest. I hate this damn disease! It robs us of what makes us homemakers and cooks and bakers and on and on. I AM going to have my daughter Lysa and family (hubby, two grddtrs 11/17) over for dinner on this Sunday! A casserole I can stick in the oven, today I'm baking a cherry pie......ok, ok, it's a Marie Callenders!.... and fix some goodie green beans/bacon. Now if I can't do this...I really do give up! They are so anxious to come. I don't think I see many posts from you Sue. I'm pushing my brain to remember your particular details... You can go on and on. We get it, here. Hugs. MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Hard lessons to learn from this disease . . . Hello air friends, I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in the hope that you learn from it. I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinner for my family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, I thought this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting out my good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festive table complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place. I also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it’s easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead and someone was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. My guests

were to arrive at 4. About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do was stick the roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rare side); I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around the kitchen and into the dining room –not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s, but on the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a little rest. I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so much better. The a/c was working, and I wasn’t as sob. The dinner party was a success and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed for the night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn’t even get dressed and vegged out the entire day. I felt like a

different person. Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think the stress did me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulders when the day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) and this situation was no different. I now realize I can’t do these kinds of things anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr. visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day for 3 weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonder if the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we shall see. Thanks for “listening”, I didn’t mean to go on and on. Sue D. 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

It's hard to stop doing the things that make you feel like you. I guess we have to find new facets of ourselves if we are to stop mourning the losses and start looking forward to what we can be. I'm struggling with this, too, but I will not give up! BSher Bauman wrote: Sue ... your dinner must have been very nice and tasty I'm sure. My daughter does the things you do. Her table looks like something out of a

magazine... I no longer have the "kids come home" for holidays for the reasons you describe. I can't do it anymore so I understand your mad/sad feelings. They miss "coming to grandma's" for dinners too. Perhaps you could do just one thing and let others bring the rest. I hate this damn disease! It robs us of what makes us homemakers and cooks and bakers and on and on. I AM going to have my daughter Lysa and family (hubby, two grddtrs 11/17) over for dinner on this Sunday! A casserole I can stick in the oven, today I'm baking a cherry pie......ok, ok, it's a Marie Callenders!.... and fix some goodie green beans/bacon. Now if I can't do this...I really do give up! They are so anxious to come. I don't think I see many posts from you Sue. I'm pushing my brain to remember your particular details... You can go on and on. We get it, here. Hugs. MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Hard lessons to learn from this disease . . . Hello air friends, I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in the hope that you learn from it. I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinner for my family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, I thought this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting out my good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festive table complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place. I also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it’s easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead and someone was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. My guests

were to arrive at 4. About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do was stick the roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rare side); I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around the kitchen and into the dining room –not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s, but on the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a little rest. I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so much better. The a/c was working, and I wasn’t as sob. The dinner party was a success and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed for the night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn’t even get dressed and vegged out the entire day. I felt like a

different person. Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think the stress did me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulders when the day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) and this situation was no different. I now realize I can’t do these kinds of things anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr. visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day for 3 weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonder if the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we shall see. Thanks for “listening”, I didn’t mean to go on and on. Sue D. 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

B... no, I don't give up but I sure give out sooner than later!

We here are all fighters. Even through our transitions to heaven...

Hugs.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hard lessons to learn from this disease . . .

Hello air friends,

I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in the hope that you learn from it.

I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinner for my family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, I thought this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting out my good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festive table complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place. I also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it’s easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead and someone was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. My guests were to arrive at 4.

About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do was stick the roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rare side); I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around the kitchen and into the dining room –not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s, but on the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a little rest.

I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so much better. The a/c was working, and I wasn’t as sob. The dinner party was a success and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed for the night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn’t even get dressed and vegged out the entire day. I felt like a different person.

Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think the stress did me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulders when the day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) and this situation was no different. I now realize I can’t do these kinds of things anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr. visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day for 3 weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonder if the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we shall see.

Thanks for “listening”, I didn’t mean to go on and on.

Sue D.

62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

Barbara McD

IPF, Sept 08

Beautiful Western NC

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Hugs.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hello air friends,

I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in the hope that you learn from it.

I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinner for my family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, I thought this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting out my good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festive table complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place. I also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it’s easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead and someone was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. My guests were to arrive at 4.

About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do was stick the roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rare side); I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around the kitchen and into the dining room –not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s, but on the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a little rest.

I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so much better. The a/c was working, and I wasn’t as sob. The dinner party was a success and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed for the night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn’t even get dressed and vegged out the entire day. I felt like a different person.

Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think the stress did me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulders when the day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) and this situation was no different. I now realize I can’t do these kinds of things anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr. visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day for 3 weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonder if the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we shall see.

Sue D.

Barbara McD

IPF, Sept 08

Beautiful Western NC

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Hugs.

Hello air friends,

Sue D.

Barbara McD

IPF, Sept 08

Beautiful Western NC

Dear Sue,

Firstly , Kudos to you for hosting a sucessful dinner all done by

you!!

No mean task that!

I can understand that, wanting to do, what you always did for years

and finding it so hard now, watching others do what you wish you

could have done youself.

It is wiser to know our limitations and stay well within them, those

around you will want you hale and hearty more than anything else.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the festive days.

Love

Geeta

-- In Breathe-Support , " Sue Dassel "

wrote:

>

> Hello air friends,

>

> I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in

the hope

> that you learn from it.

>

> I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas

dinner for my

> family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, I

thought

> this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting

out my

> good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festive

table

> complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their

place. I

> also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because

it's

> easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead and

someone

> was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert.

My guests

> were to arrive at 4.

>

> About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do was

stick the

> roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med

rare side);

> I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around the

kitchen and

> into the dining room -not far at all. The temp was in the high

40s, but on

> the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to

take a

> little rest.

>

> I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept for

about an

> hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so

much better.

> The a/c was working, and I wasn't as sob. The dinner party was a

success

> and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed

for the

> night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn't even get dressed and vegged

out the

> entire day. I felt like a different person.

>

> Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think the

stress did

> me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulders

when the

> day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I

know) and this

> situation was no different. I now realize I can't do these kinds

of things

> anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a

disappointing dr.

> visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per

day for 3

> weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I

wonder if

> the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results.

Well, we

> shall see.

>

> Thanks for " listening " , I didn't mean to go on and on.

>

>

>

> Sue D.

>

> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

>

>

> Hello air friends,

>

> I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in the

hope

>

> I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinner

for my

thought

> this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting out

my

table

> complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place.

I

> also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it's

someone

> was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. My

guests

> were to arrive at 4.

>

stick the

> roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rare

side);

kitchen and

> into the dining room -not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s,

but on

> the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a

> little rest.

>

about an

> hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so much

better.

success

> and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed for

the

> night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn't even get dressed and vegged out

the

>

stress did

when the

> day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know)

and this

> situation was no different. I now realize I can't do these kinds of

things

> anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing

dr.

> visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day

for 3

> weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I

wonder if

> the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results.

Well, we

> shall see.

>

>

>

>

> Sue D.

>

>

Sue,

Hi! I read your post and this sounds just like me! I was the one to

have seventeen members of my family for Christmas. I know I do the same

things that you did. Except this year, I changed it. 1. Our family

met at a buffet restaurant on Dec. 21st right after church. The only

problem with this was some of the family members were late and we could

not all sit together, but this restaurant is so casual that getting up

and socializing was no problem. The cost was $10.00 and it included

drink & dessert and this was a great value as we could not have shopped

and cooked this for 10 per person. 2. Afterwards, they all came to our

small condo to open presents. Fortunately the sun was out that day,

only it was very cold. We took our big group picture outside. Eddie

had made a pound cake & I made hot apple cider in the crock pot. One of

my friends, who went out of town for the week, had given me her leftover

treats and flowers. 3. There were no leftovers nor dishes to wash,

etc. 4. My house was still clean afterwards.

Last year we cooked and everyone ate at our house. I have all the nice

china, etc. that you have but I did not use any of it this year.

Getting together with my family was an uplifting experience for me that

it did not matter that we did not do what we used to do.

Sue, are you on oxygen? I was wondering if you were. I turn my oxygen

up when I am exerting myself. Then afterwards, I turn it down when I am

sitting. If you are not on oxygen, I do hope you will ask your doctor.

Especially since your PFTs had worsened.

You also mentioned the day after that you " vegged " out. I seem to do

things in spurts. I will do all sorts of things one day and the next

day is pajama day at home. Every other day, I am going & doing and the

other day is a day of rest.

Sue, take good care of you! Our bodies will tell us when it is time to

stop & rest.

Love & Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>

> Hello air friends,

>

> I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in the

hope

>

> I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinner

for my

thought

> this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting out

my

table

> complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place.

I

> also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it's

someone

> was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. My

guests

> were to arrive at 4.

>

stick the

> roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rare

side);

kitchen and

> into the dining room -not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s,

but on

> the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a

> little rest.

>

about an

> hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so much

better.

success

> and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed for

the

> night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn't even get dressed and vegged out

the

>

stress did

when the

> day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) and

this

> situation was no different. I now realize I can't do these kinds of

things

> anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr.

> visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day

for 3

> weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonder

if

> the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well,

we

> shall see.

>

>

>

>

> Sue D.

>

>

Sue,

sounds like you did a lot, and have a supportive husband to help you

when I entertain now, i say KISS--Keep It Simple S...........

make less stuff, buy some premade stuff, and let people bring whatever they want

it's the getting together that counts

In november, i made a turkey, had a left over bag of stuffing, stuffed the turkey and said no more stuffed turkeys

last week i made a turkey without stuffing, it was so easy, less work, less tiring

besides with prednisone induced diabetes, who needs stuffing?

have a happy and healthy new year

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Subject: Re: Hard lessons to learn from this disease . . .To: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 12:14 PM

>> Hello air friends,>> I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in thehope> that you learn from it.>> I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinnerfor my> family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, Ithought> this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting outmy> good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festivetable> complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place.I> also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it's> easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead andsomeone> was bringing an appetizer

and someone else was bringing dessert. Myguests> were to arrive at 4.>> About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do wasstick the> roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rareside);> I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around thekitchen and> into the dining room -not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s,but on> the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a> little rest.>> I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept forabout an> hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so muchbetter.> The a/c was working, and I wasn't as sob. The dinner party was asuccess> and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed forthe> night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn't even get dressed and vegged

outthe> entire day. I felt like a different person.>> Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think thestress did> me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulderswhen the> day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know)and this> situation was no different. I now realize I can't do these kinds ofthings> anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointingdr.> visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per dayfor 3> weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. Iwonder if> the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we> shall see.>> Thanks for "listening", I didn't mean to go on and on.>>>> Sue D.>> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07,

VA>

Sue,

sounds like you did a lot, and have a supportive husband to help you

when I entertain now, i say KISS--Keep It Simple S...........

make less stuff, buy some premade stuff, and let people bring whatever they want

it's the getting together that counts

In november, i made a turkey, had a left over bag of stuffing, stuffed the turkey and said no more stuffed turkeys

last week i made a turkey without stuffing, it was so easy, less work, less tiring

besides with prednisone induced diabetes, who needs stuffing?

have a happy and healthy new year

Donate Life

Subject: Re: Hard lessons to learn from this disease . . .To: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 12:14 PM

>> Hello air friends,>> I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in thehope> that you learn from it.>> I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinnerfor my> family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, Ithought> this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting outmy> good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festivetable> complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place.I> also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it's> easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead andsomeone> was bringing an appetizer

and someone else was bringing dessert. Myguests> were to arrive at 4.>> About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do wasstick the> roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rareside);> I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around thekitchen and> into the dining room -not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s,but on> the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a> little rest.>> I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept forabout an> hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so muchbetter.> The a/c was working, and I wasn't as sob. The dinner party was asuccess> and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed forthe> night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn't even get dressed and vegged

outthe> entire day. I felt like a different person.>> Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think thestress did> me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulderswhen the> day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know)and this> situation was no different. I now realize I can't do these kinds ofthings> anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointingdr.> visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per dayfor 3> weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. Iwonder if> the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we> shall see.>> Thanks for "listening", I didn't mean to go on and on.>>>> Sue D.>> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07,

VA>

Jane

$10 a person at the restaurant is great

Donate Life

Sue,Hi! I read your post and this sounds just like me! I was the one tohave seventeen members of my family for Christmas. I know I do the samethings that you did. Except this year, I changed it. 1. Our familymet at a buffet restaurant on Dec. 21st right after church. The onlyproblem with this was some of the family members were late and we couldnot all sit together, but this restaurant is so casual that getting upand socializing was no problem. The cost was $10.00 and it includeddrink & dessert and this was a great value as we could not have shoppedand cooked this for 10 per person. 2. Afterwards, they all came to oursmall condo to open presents. Fortunately the sun was out that day,only it was very cold. We took our big group picture outside. Eddiehad made a pound cake & I made hot apple cider in the crock pot. One ofmy friends, who went out of town for the week, had given me her

leftovertreats and flowers. 3. There were no leftovers nor dishes to wash,etc. 4. My house was still clean afterwards.Last year we cooked and everyone ate at our house. I have all the nicechina, etc. that you have but I did not use any of it this year. Getting together with my family was an uplifting experience for me thatit did not matter that we did not do what we used to do.Sue, are you on oxygen? I was wondering if you were. I turn my oxygenup when I am exerting myself. Then afterwards, I turn it down when I amsitting. If you are not on oxygen, I do hope you will ask your doctor. Especially since your PFTs had worsened.You also mentioned the day after that you "vegged" out. I seem to do things in spurts. I will do all sorts of things one day and the nextday is pajama day at home. Every other day, I am going & doing and theother day is a day of rest.Sue, take good care of

you! Our bodies will tell us when it is time tostop & rest.Love & Toodles!Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>> Hello air friends,>> I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in thehope> that you learn from it.>> I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinnerfor my> family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, Ithought> this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting outmy> good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festivetable> complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place.I> also decided to cook a roast

instead of the usual turkey, because it's> easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead andsomeone> was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. Myguests> were to arrive at 4.>> About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do wasstick the> roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rareside);> I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around thekitchen and> into the dining room -not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s,but on> the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a> little rest.>> I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept forabout an> hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so muchbetter.> The a/c was working, and I wasn't as sob. The dinner party was

asuccess> and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed forthe> night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn't even get dressed and vegged outthe> entire day. I felt like a different person.>> Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think thestress did> me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulderswhen the> day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) andthis> situation was no different. I now realize I can't do these kinds ofthings> anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr.> visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per dayfor 3> weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonderif> the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well,we> shall see.>> Thanks

for "listening", I didn't mean to go on and on.>>>> Sue D.>> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA>

Jane

$10 a person at the restaurant is great

Donate Life

Sue,Hi! I read your post and this sounds just like me! I was the one tohave seventeen members of my family for Christmas. I know I do the samethings that you did. Except this year, I changed it. 1. Our familymet at a buffet restaurant on Dec. 21st right after church. The onlyproblem with this was some of the family members were late and we couldnot all sit together, but this restaurant is so casual that getting upand socializing was no problem. The cost was $10.00 and it includeddrink & dessert and this was a great value as we could not have shoppedand cooked this for 10 per person. 2. Afterwards, they all came to oursmall condo to open presents. Fortunately the sun was out that day,only it was very cold. We took our big group picture outside. Eddiehad made a pound cake & I made hot apple cider in the crock pot. One ofmy friends, who went out of town for the week, had given me her

leftovertreats and flowers. 3. There were no leftovers nor dishes to wash,etc. 4. My house was still clean afterwards.Last year we cooked and everyone ate at our house. I have all the nicechina, etc. that you have but I did not use any of it this year. Getting together with my family was an uplifting experience for me thatit did not matter that we did not do what we used to do.Sue, are you on oxygen? I was wondering if you were. I turn my oxygenup when I am exerting myself. Then afterwards, I turn it down when I amsitting. If you are not on oxygen, I do hope you will ask your doctor. Especially since your PFTs had worsened.You also mentioned the day after that you "vegged" out. I seem to do things in spurts. I will do all sorts of things one day and the nextday is pajama day at home. Every other day, I am going & doing and theother day is a day of rest.Sue, take good care of

you! Our bodies will tell us when it is time tostop & rest.Love & Toodles!Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>> Hello air friends,>> I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in thehope> that you learn from it.>> I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinnerfor my> family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, Ithought> this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting outmy> good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festivetable> complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place.I> also decided to cook a roast

instead of the usual turkey, because it's> easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead andsomeone> was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. Myguests> were to arrive at 4.>> About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do wasstick the> roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rareside);> I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around thekitchen and> into the dining room -not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s,but on> the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a> little rest.>> I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept forabout an> hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so muchbetter.> The a/c was working, and I wasn't as sob. The dinner party was

asuccess> and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed forthe> night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn't even get dressed and vegged outthe> entire day. I felt like a different person.>> Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think thestress did> me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulderswhen the> day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) andthis> situation was no different. I now realize I can't do these kinds ofthings> anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr.> visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per dayfor 3> weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonderif> the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well,we> shall see.>> Thanks

for "listening", I didn't mean to go on and on.>>>> Sue D.>> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA>