RemedySpot.com

Re: Glad to see Christmas come - and go

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jean,

It is difficult accomodating all the changes that this disease necessitates. I hate always being the guest at Christmas instead of sometimes being the hostess. I am sure however that your family is happy you are here and that is the focus for them not at whose house you are celebrating.

Here's hoping and praying that 2009 is a much better year for you, that you get some answers and hopefully some relief for the way you are feeling.

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:11:04 AMSubject: Glad to see Christmas come - and go

December was so filled with doctor appts and tests along with the Christmas prep. I had 5 appts in December. It began with pulmonary function tortures. Then there were nerve testing and then allergy testing to boot. My last appt was 2 days before Christmas.I was so tired from it all that the day after Christmas I took a little nap - 7 hours worth of it. Then slept all nite besides. That is the way it goes when you have either a restrictive or obstructive lung disease of any sort. However, for people like me with interstitial as well as obstructive life is a bowl of figuring out how to get air in and get the lungs emptied out again to make room for the next breath. I am now waiting for the results of my Alpha 1 deficiency testing.The good news is that i do not have allergies like they thought. The bad news is that my lGe which should mean that I have allergies is 498 - extremely

high.Maybe by Christmas 2009 I will have recovered from this year. My daughters took over Christmas and Thanksgiving several years back because it took too much out of me. Now I make bakes beans and cheesecake for Christmas and that is it. I get the pity party over remembering how much I and my daughters loved to go to grandma's house for Christmas and my grandchildren missing out on all of that. It hurts and I feel like I am failing them but they seem to understand and just are happy that I am there each year. Jean

Jean...gee, I would just be repeating what MB wrote, so I'm going to join in with her and let you know I'm praying for you and all of us to have a good 2009!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Glad to see Christmas come - and go

December was so filled with doctor appts and tests along with the Christmas prep. I had 5 appts in December. It began with pulmonary function tortures. Then there were nerve testing and then allergy testing to boot. My last appt was 2 days before Christmas.I was so tired from it all that the day after Christmas I took a little nap - 7 hours worth of it. Then slept all nite besides. That is the way it goes when you have either a restrictive or obstructive lung disease of any sort. However, for people like me with interstitial as well as obstructive life is a bowl of figuring out how to get air in and get the lungs emptied out again to make room for the next breath. I am now waiting for the results of my Alpha 1 deficiency testing.The good news is that i do not have allergies like they thought. The bad news is that my lGe which should mean that I have allergies is 498 - extremely high.Maybe by Christmas 2009 I will have recovered from this year. My daughters took over Christmas and Thanksgiving several years back because it took too much out of me. Now I make bakes beans and cheesecake for Christmas and that is it. I get the pity party over remembering how much I and my daughters loved to go to grandma's house for Christmas and my grandchildren missing out on all of that. It hurts and I feel like I am failing them but they seem to understand and just are happy that I am there each year. Jean

Jeane

pulmonary function tortures is a great decription--still PFT

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Subject: Glad to see Christmas come - and goTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 3:11 AM

December was so filled with doctor appts and tests along with the Christmas prep. I had 5 appts in December. It began with pulmonary function tortures. Then there were nerve testing and then allergy testing to boot. My last appt was 2 days before Christmas.I was so tired from it all that the day after Christmas I took a little nap - 7 hours worth of it. Then slept all nite besides. That is the way it goes when you have either a restrictive or obstructive lung disease of any sort. However, for people like me with interstitial as well as obstructive life is a bowl of figuring out how to get air in and get the lungs emptied out again to make room for the next breath. I am now waiting for the results of my Alpha 1 deficiency testing.The good news is that i do not have allergies like they thought. The bad news is that my lGe which should mean that I have allergies is 498 - extremely

high.Maybe by Christmas 2009 I will have recovered from this year. My daughters took over Christmas and Thanksgiving several years back because it took too much out of me. Now I make bakes beans and cheesecake for Christmas and that is it. I get the pity party over remembering how much I and my daughters loved to go to grandma's house for Christmas and my grandchildren missing out on all of that. It hurts and I feel like I am failing them but they seem to understand and just are happy that I am there each year. Jean

Jeane

Donate Life

Subject: Glad to see Christmas come - and goTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 3:11 AM

Jeane

Donate Life