RemedySpot.com

Re: I was awake during my colonoscopy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They are supposed to come out with a pill you can swallow then poop out. It checks out your intestinal track and colon as it travels down....Now that would be my choice over a colonscopy.BUT whatever you do PLEASE KEEP HAVING ONE.

My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer last year at age 63. She now has to wear a bag the rest of her life.Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

They are supposed to come out with a pill you can swallow then poop out. It checks out your intestinal track and colon as it travels down....Now that would be my choice over a colonscopy.BUT whatever you do PLEASE KEEP HAVING ONE.

My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer last year at age 63. She now has to wear a bag the rest of her life.Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

; I totally understand and find that very objectionable as well. I

believe conversations are heard by us even when we are under and even the

dying hear when we dont think they do. WORDS are powerful. Every doctor

should monitor their conversations to POSITIVE necessary comments!

Also, I believe FEMALE doctors are the way to go, at least for me. love, ML

Subject: Re: I was awake during my colonoscopy

--

I'm so sorry. I had a very similar experience many years, around 6,

ago when my pain issues first started. I wasn't totally out and could

remember bits and pieces and was in excruciating pain. At one point I

could hear them talking about how anxious I was. Hello!?!? Who

wouldn't be anxious if they weren't totally out and someone was

digging through their insides!!!

---

; I totally understand and find that very objectionable as well. I

believe conversations are heard by us even when we are under and even the

dying hear when we dont think they do. WORDS are powerful. Every doctor

should monitor their conversations to POSITIVE necessary comments!

Also, I believe FEMALE doctors are the way to go, at least for me. love, ML

Subject: Re: I was awake during my colonoscopy

--

I'm so sorry. I had a very similar experience many years, around 6,

ago when my pain issues first started. I wasn't totally out and could

remember bits and pieces and was in excruciating pain. At one point I

could hear them talking about how anxious I was. Hello!?!? Who

wouldn't be anxious if they weren't totally out and someone was

digging through their insides!!!

---

<<I wasn't out during mine. They numbed me, but I was awake. ..They wanted me to look at the screen while the did it.I know one thing for sure, if I was a doctor, I would not want to be a doctor that looks up peoples butts!>> Agreed. How does someone decide that's what they want to do for a living? Must pay a lot. Yeah, if I was numb, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But they used a standard sized scope when they should have used a pediatric one and then with the right angles that were swollen...they said when they were maneuvering around those tight kinks with their scope that was too large and stretching me out was when I would cry out the most. It was as excruciating as labor--level 10 pain. And I was ignored because that's standard procedure. Becky

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

<<I wasn't out during mine. They numbed me, but I was awake. ..They wanted me to look at the screen while the did it.I know one thing for sure, if I was a doctor, I would not want to be a doctor that looks up peoples butts!>> Agreed. How does someone decide that's what they want to do for a living? Must pay a lot. Yeah, if I was numb, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But they used a standard sized scope when they should have used a pediatric one and then with the right angles that were swollen...they said when they were maneuvering around those tight kinks with their scope that was too large and stretching me out was when I would cry out the most. It was as excruciating as labor--level 10 pain. And I was ignored because that's standard procedure. Becky

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Becky,

This sounds horrible. It reminded of when I was awake during a

tonsillectomy. I was only four when I had that done. But I can still

remember that I woke up in the middle of the procedure. You can

imaginie the pain. But I couldn't move or tell them. It was a real

nightmare. And I remember the first thing I said when I woke up again

after the surgery: " Mommy, they hurt me. " I was so mad at those

doctors. Of course, the doctors wouldn't admit that I woke up in the

operation room. And the nurse told my mother not to believe me, that I

was still clouded from anasthesia - but I know what I know. I felt so

angry and helpless. I'm so sorry you had to go through this experience.

Thanks for all your responses. Just to clear things up, I believe it was a nurse anesthesiologist who administred the "twilight" meds. The doc (actually it was a Fellow doc who was doing it--not even my own) had told me I would be alert enough to cooperate with his voice commands, but sleepy, and most people don't remember anything. If I felt anything, it would be a "little discomfort" from my distended stomach (they pump you FULL of air). So being aware wasn't the issue. It was being in agony, pleading for mercy, and being ignored while I wept openly. I honestly do like MY doctor, but I just have so many emotions about this. I'm not following his diet or taking the anti-biotics because none of that worked the first time around and he didn't give me any reasons why I should be doing it again. SO since I'm not even following his orders, I don't feel like I can have a good doctor-patient relationship. I WOULD like to get a CAT scan, which he said would be the next step if the labs of the biopsies don't show anything (remember I went through all this plus a laparoscopy and cystoscopy this Dec. because of abdominal pain). But I don't know if I can even talk to him on the phone. Becky

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.