RemedySpot.com

Fwd: What's new for 'vulvodynia' in pubmed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This article sounds like a classification of inflammatory responses that define pain. If you can't read below, go to: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ Do a search for Vulvodynia (or whatever you're interested in) Click on PubMed in the top left First article listed. My NCBI wrote: To: pletchsr@...Subject: What's new for 'vulvodynia' in pubmedDate: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 16:35:22 -0400 (EDT) This message contains My NCBI what's new results from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine

(NLM).Do not reply directly to this message. Sender's message: Search: vulvodyniaSent on Saturday, 2007 Sep 01Search vulvodyniaClick here to view complete results in pubmed. (Results may change over time.)

This article sounds like a classification of inflammatory responses that define pain. If you can't read below, go to: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ Do a search for Vulvodynia (or whatever you're interested in) Click on PubMed in the top left First article listed. My NCBI wrote: To: pletchsr@...Subject: What's new for 'vulvodynia' in pubmedDate: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 16:35:22 -0400 (EDT) This message contains My NCBI what's new results from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine

(NLM).Do not reply directly to this message. Sender's message: Search: vulvodyniaSent on Saturday, 2007 Sep 01Search vulvodyniaClick here to view complete results in pubmed. (Results may change over time.)

• 3 weeks later...

My NCBI wrote: To: pletchsr@...Subject: What's new for 'vulvodynia' in pubmedDate: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:20:16 -0400 (EDT) This message contains My NCBI what's new results from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).Do not reply directly to this message. Sender's message: Search: vulvodyniaSent on Saturday, 2007 Sep 22Search vulvodyniaClick here to view complete results in pubmed. (Results may change over time.)

• 1 month later...

My NCBI wrote: To: pletchsr@...Subject: What's new for 'vulvodynia' in pubmedDate: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:30:17 -0500 (EST) This message contains My NCBI what's new results from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).Do not reply directly to this message. Sender's message: Search: vulvodyniaSent on Saturday, 2007 Nov 10Search vulvodyniaClick here to view complete results in pubmed. (Results may change over time.)

My NCBI wrote: To: pletchsr@...Subject: What's new for 'vulvodynia' in pubmedDate: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:30:17 -0500 (EST) This message contains My NCBI what's new results from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).Do not reply directly to this message. Sender's message: Search: vulvodyniaSent on Saturday, 2007 Nov 10Search vulvodyniaClick here to view complete results in pubmed. (Results may change over time.)

• 2 months later...

My NCBI wrote: To: pletchsr@...Subject: What's new for 'vulvodynia' in pubmedDate: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:20:27 -0500 (EST) This message contains My NCBI what's new results from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).Do not reply directly to this message. Sender's message: Search: vulvodyniaSent on Saturday, 2008 Feb 02Search vulvodyniaClick here to view complete results in pubmed. (Results may change over time.)

1: Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Feb;111(2):545-7. Spinal cord stimulator for the treatment of a woman with vulvovaginal burning and deep pelvic pain. Nair AR, Klapper A, Kushnerik V, Margulis I, Del Priore G. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York Downtown Hospital, New York, New York. BACKGROUND: Vulvodynia is a chronic pain disorder of the vulva that occurs in the absence of visible infectious, inflammatory, neoplastic, or neurological findings. Multiple treatment modalities are used, often with insufficient results. We report the successful use of a spinal cord stimulator to treat vulvodynia symptoms in a patient who had unsuccessful prior conservative therapies. CASE: A postmenopausal woman presented with 15 years of treatment for vulvar and vaginal burning and deep pelvic pain. She had been taking multiple pain medications with inadequate relief. After successful test stimulation, a permanent spinal cord stimulator was implanted. At 10 months posttreatment, her pain improved by 80%, and the patient no longer requires oral medication. CONCLUSION: The use of spinal cord stimulation was successful in a patient with vulvodynia and unsuccessful multiple prior therapies and whose symptoms were diffuse in nature. PMID: 18239017 [PubMed - in process]