RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: I broke the rule

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bruce, I need to apologize about the box to you. I completely forgot. I had slid it under a chair in the spare room and found it today...OOPS..  Now you'll just be surprised when it shows up...  Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  BethI'm so sorry for you, Peggy, and Jane, but you followed the most important rules. You got to the doctor, you've got meds, and you'll do the spirometer and take the meds and stay home and be fine. We all should use the incentive spirometer anyway. I try to make sure I use it on the alternate days from the treadmill at the minimum. I keep it beside my bed so at night will generally pick it up for ten quick uses. I know how much you wanted to pretend nothing was wrong, but you set such a good example for all of us to get prompt medical care.You'll get to Florida another time. Who knows, I might even meet you there.....Take care of yourself.>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by.  I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.  I'm one very unhappy camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs.  So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > >  Beth  > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08>  > Change everything. Love and Forgive    >

Thanks ,

It's been a very introspective kind of day 'round here. The weather was cool and rainy, I was stuck in the house popping Levaquin and pushing fluids and thinking about our lovely Joyce and how I will miss her.

I remember when I met her last fall in Chattanooga. I was both amazed and impressed that she and Lucien made the trip from Indiana when she was on a relatively high liter flow (6-8). She was determined to keep going and she wanted to be part of the gathering. It was truly wonderful to meet her and to meet the kind and gentle man who is her husband. She fought for every good moment she could wring out of this life. For me she's a role model, one that I will always have with me.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: I broke the rule

Oh what rotten luck MB..for you AND our Princess. She will be so disappointed. .but we all know we have to do the hard yards to keep ourselves as well as possible.

Here's hoping you keep it all in check....it' s an introspective time with Joyce's passing. Sadness AND feeling ill are not a terrific combo.

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,

in Oz>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now. I'm one very unhappy

camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > > Beth > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

Thanks ,

It's been a very introspective kind of day 'round here. The weather was cool and rainy, I was stuck in the house popping Levaquin and pushing fluids and thinking about our lovely Joyce and how I will miss her.

I remember when I met her last fall in Chattanooga. I was both amazed and impressed that she and Lucien made the trip from Indiana when she was on a relatively high liter flow (6-8). She was determined to keep going and she wanted to be part of the gathering. It was truly wonderful to meet her and to meet the kind and gentle man who is her husband. She fought for every good moment she could wring out of this life. For me she's a role model, one that I will always have with me.

Beth

Oh what rotten luck MB..for you AND our Princess. She will be so disappointed. .but we all know we have to do the hard yards to keep ourselves as well as possible.

Here's hoping you keep it all in check....it' s an introspective time with Joyce's passing. Sadness AND feeling ill are not a terrific combo.

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,

in Oz>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now. I'm one very unhappy

camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > > Beth > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

Thanks ,

Beth

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,

Hi MB, How are you feeling ? I just talked to Jane and we are reallllly gonna talk 'bout you.. lol Ok I know your sick so just take care of you. is coming up Fri. PM or Sat AM . She isdisappointed you are sick too. Oh well we WILL do it later. K ?Love ya, Stay in and down, rest.. Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Thanks ,It's been a very introspective kind of day 'round here.  The weather was cool and rainy, I was stuck in the house popping Levaquin and pushing fluids and thinking about our lovely Joyce and how I will miss her. I remember when I met her last fall in Chattanooga. I was both amazed and impressed that she and Lucien made the trip from Indiana when she was on a relatively high liter flow (6-8). She was determined to keep going and she wanted to be part of the gathering. It was truly wonderful to meet her and to meet the kind and gentle man who is her husband. She fought for every good moment she could wring out of this life. For me she's a role model, one that I will always have with me. Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08 Change everything. Love and Forgive       Re: I broke the ruleOh what rotten luck MB..for you AND our Princess. She will be so disappointed. .but we all know we have to do the hard yards to keep ourselves as well as possible.Here's hoping you keep it all in check....it' s an introspective time with Joyce's passing. Sadness AND feeling ill are not a terrific combo.Take care, lovely lady!Love, in Oz>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by.  I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.  I'm one very unhappy camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs.  So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > >  Beth  > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08>  > Change everything. Love and Forgive    >

Hi MB, How are you feeling ? I just talked to Jane and we are reallllly gonna talk 'bout you.. lol Ok I know your sick so just take care of you. is coming up Fri. PM or Sat AM . She isdisappointed you are sick too. Oh well we WILL do it later. K ?Love ya, Stay in and down, rest.. Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Thanks ,It's been a very introspective kind of day 'round here.  The weather was cool and rainy, I was stuck in the house popping Levaquin and pushing fluids and thinking about our lovely Joyce and how I will miss her. I remember when I met her last fall in Chattanooga. I was both amazed and impressed that she and Lucien made the trip from Indiana when she was on a relatively high liter flow (6-8). She was determined to keep going and she wanted to be part of the gathering. It was truly wonderful to meet her and to meet the kind and gentle man who is her husband. She fought for every good moment she could wring out of this life. For me she's a role model, one that I will always have with me. Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08 Change everything. Love and Forgive       Re: I broke the ruleOh what rotten luck MB..for you AND our Princess. She will be so disappointed. .but we all know we have to do the hard yards to keep ourselves as well as possible.Here's hoping you keep it all in check....it' s an introspective time with Joyce's passing. Sadness AND feeling ill are not a terrific combo.Take care, lovely lady!Love, in Oz>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by.  I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.  I'm one very unhappy camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs.  So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > >  Beth  > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08>  > Change everything. Love and Forgive    >

Peggy,

I'm ok. Just feeling sad about Joyce and sorry for myself that I'm not leaving tomorrow for your house. My throat is still sore and my ear still hurts but both are better than yesterday. I'm being good, using my spirometer, drinking fluids and taking my medicine like a good girl. Oh and watching The King and I on tv. What a great movie that is.

I have to say, I miss Joyce. Of course she hasn't posted much for the last couple of months but she was such a strong presence here for most of the time I've been a member. Unfailingly kind and compassionate. Always quick to encourage and laugh even when we all knew how ill she was.

You and Jane and Theresa can talk about me all you want. I love you all anyway, so there. Tell Theresa she'll have to use her own toothbrush since I'm not going to be there! She'll remember!

Love you

Beth

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,

in Oz>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now. I'm one very unhappy camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > > Beth > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

Peggy,

I'm ok. Just feeling sad about Joyce and sorry for myself that I'm not leaving tomorrow for your house. My throat is still sore and my ear still hurts but both are better than yesterday. I'm being good, using my spirometer, drinking fluids and taking my medicine like a good girl. Oh and watching The King and I on tv. What a great movie that is.

I have to say, I miss Joyce. Of course she hasn't posted much for the last couple of months but she was such a strong presence here for most of the time I've been a member. Unfailingly kind and compassionate. Always quick to encourage and laugh even when we all knew how ill she was.

You and Jane and Theresa can talk about me all you want. I love you all anyway, so there. Tell Theresa she'll have to use her own toothbrush since I'm not going to be there! She'll remember!

Love you

Beth

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,

in Oz>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now. I'm one very unhappy camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > > Beth > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

Peggy,

Love you

Beth

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,